Install Arc

FC.30.20120720a.2 PTS Update

nisdiddumsnisdiddums Posts: 91 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.30.20120720a.2
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 7:00pm PST

Greetings!

Hot on the heels of yesterday's PTS update, is....another PTS update :cool:
Our goal - form now, until Nighthawk content releases - is to continually iterate on content and release it for testing on PTS as frequently as possible.
Below is what has been updated in today's build.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Archetype: Night Avenger:
-Powers: Night Warrior Sneak: Sneak is now a toggle that does not disable. Upon performing certain actions you de-cloak for 4 seconds. This timer is refreshed when you perform one of the listed actions.
-Powers: Strafing Run: This power has a new ground splat and should now animate and work properly.

Controls:
-Targeting: Targeting a foe should no longer cause a small stall in some cases.

Known Issue:
Strafing run: The ground splat does not correctly orient to the direction the power will fire in
Post edited by nisdiddums on

Comments

• blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    -Powers: Night Warrior Sneak: Sneak is now a toggle that does not disable. Upon performing certain actions you de-cloak for 4 seconds. This timer is refreshed when you perform one of the listed actions.

This. OH MY GOD YES! I love this, you have made my day, now I just hope its stealth was boosted aswell so mobs can't easily detect you.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not bad...though I'm guessing concentration/FotT are going byebye from level progression? Not much point in having two forms on one build...

Can we get Smokebomb added to the power choices then?

Also, could you address stealth being worthless in lairs? (along with alot of other places?)
  • vincyrevincyre Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Now, to just buff the crud out of it's stealth levels and maybe some more defense and it'll be golden!
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    vincyre wrote: »
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Now, to just buff the crud out of it's stealth levels and maybe some more defense and it'll be golden!

Thats a note that slipped my mind when I sent them to Nis. Stealth did get significantly buffed. Most of the normal critters wont spot you, and the higher the difficulty the more likely you are to be spotted.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thats a note that slipped my mind when I sent them to Nis. Stealth did get significantly buffed. Most of the normal critters wont spot you, and the higher the difficulty the more likely you are to be spotted.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

*claps*

Okay, so about smoke bomb? :P
  • vincyrevincyre Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Ah, G-man, you made my day. You guys rock.
    edited August 2012

Most of everything I have held against you has now been forgiven....Oh. My. God. Best day ever. Just I hope that this also effects PvP, I don't want to be too easily seen, challenging, sure, but I'd like if it required perception gear to see me any further than 10-20 feet.
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Crush is now a "dev" but nisdiddums is still trackerless. We are getting closer. :smile:
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • thesoulstarthesoulstar Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    PTS update FC.30.20120720a.2
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 7:00pm PST

Greetings!

Hot on the heels of yesterday's PTS update, is....another PTS update :cool:
    Our goal - form now, until Nighthawk content releases - is to continually iterate on content and release it for testing on PTS as frequently as possible.
    Below is what has been updated in today's build.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
    Bug
    Where it happens
    What happens

-Powers: Strafing Run: This power has a new ground splat and should now animate and work properly.

Controls:
    -Targeting: Targeting a foe should no longer cause a small stall in some cases.

Known Issue:
    Strafing run: The ground splat does not correctly orient to the direction the power will fire in

Dammit...now I'm obligated to get on test later tonight to check this out. By the way glad to know you guys are taking in alot of our suggestions.
    On Call site found here: Project On Call

On Call FAQ found here:On Call FAQ
  • oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh wow, I didn't expect another PTS update so soon.

*Obligatory question about if you are going to look at the Brick set at all anymore*
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    GC you are on the ball.
    Its very clear that you have been reading the forums and i want to personally thank you for looking at perception.

/e salute

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
    edited August 2012
    GC you are on the ball.
    Its very clear that you have been reading the forums and i want to personally thank you for looking at perception.

/e salute

Im always reading the forums :)

Feedback makes the world go round, so to speak! Keep it coming!
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Gonna test the new AT lvling from 6-11 tomorrow first thing in the morning since its my free morning. I'll share as many details as possible when im done.

Thanks a lot for the nice comeback GC!.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The building on the left side of the login screen is offset from the edge at 16:9 ratio.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited August 2012

Are you going to be on for a bit to test with the late night folks?
  • rykonailorykonailo Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Char copy still totally borked, still getting random lock ups / crashes that fix themselves every minute or so, suspect audio or flash player as cause as each time the game locks up my sound goes nuts and flash volume resets to 2 volume... but i know **** about any of this so.... just lots of black screen lock ups and crashes that uncrash?
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    BUG?:BCR removes you from sneak
    where- anywhere
    what= the use of Boutiful Chi Resurgence removes you from sneak, i have no tested other heals like conviction, resurgence, etc
    edited August 2012
    Something weird is going on with shadow strike+sneak:
    -When shadow strike is used without sneak toggled, i does 222 dmg on my lv 25 test toon.

-When shadow strike is used while sneak is toggled but suppressed, it does 6886 dmg

-when shadow strike is used while sneak is active and you are hidden shadow strike does 8215 dmg

In other words, if sneak is toggled, shadow strike does pretty heavy dmg regardless of if your hidden.

EDIT:
    The same thing is happening with boomerang throw.
    When Sneak is not toggled, boomerang throw does 299
    When sneak is toggled but suppressed boomerang throw does 1297
    when sneak is toggled and you are hidden, boomerang throw does 1435

I haven't looked but this may be happening with other powers. Ill take a closer look tomorrow if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • thesoulstarthesoulstar Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Early testing of the new Night Warrior I gotta say it is indeed coming along. Only thing is I really wish something can be done about the EB turning it off immediately and will stay off until detoggled. Still though this is improvement over what we've had before, now just needs a wee bit more tweaking.
    On Call site found here: Project On Call

On Call FAQ found here:On Call FAQ
    edited August 2012
    Well found the cause of the random blackscreens maybe... Sadly print screen is broken for me.... sooo have a hand written version

Fatal Error X

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (UNKNOWN:
    0x88760870) while Locking sprite index buffer.

Technical Details: 2.55 GM RAM, 1.16 GM virtual space available

OK

Also unrelated to the crash but related to night warrior..... could you add perception stealth to Dexterity instead of JUST aggression stealth? Having both would solve alot of issues with Sneaking and would give a way for Sneaking to work on higher ranked foes by just throwing in more Dexterity. Could also use sneak boost on utility gear or as a Mod too.

Edit:
    Also Dark Aura doesn't go in to the new Aura slots, I is sads.

Also also, could we please get the 'remember account name' at log in to remember your actual account name and not the ingame handle instead. Its REALLY annoying to retype the whole thing every time.
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ALL power activation ends sneak. Same with device use, using an interaction object, dealing/taking damage or healing others. Bleeds and Poisons are now more fun. :biggrin:

I have a new bug, all the NPC speech bubbles are one line high, no matter how much the say. Text fully displays, the bubbles just do not scale to correct size. Bubbles are not always in right spot either. I think it was happening last night too but I was too busy messing with sneak, smoke nade and such vs bloodgorgers to really take notice of it then.

Boomerang Cone does the extra damage when sneak is toggled but inactive too.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
    edited August 2012
    ALL power activation ends sneak. Same with device use, using an interaction object, dealing/taking damage or healing others. Bleeds and Poisons are now more fun. :biggrin:

I find this to be a bit of an issue, toggling my form breaks sneak? toggle my travel power? Using Smoke Bomb? This sounds rather bit of an issue. I understand healing, but not every damned power, Crush, please make sure to adjust this.

EDIT: Things that shouldn't break Sneak: Travel Powers, Forms, nondamaging/healing toggles, Active Defenses, Active Offensive.
    edited August 2012
    Actually travels SHOULD break sneak and not just for 4 seconds but forever... I mean that is sorta the point to Sneak.... and the advantage and yeah...

Unrelated, please tell me the non-sneak Stealth counting as Sneak for power effects such as double gas pellets is a feature? It's really nice to get a quick one off power boost in there every once in a while.

Also I think Shuriken might need a buff, Boomerang throw is just so vastly superior. Not to say it needs a nerf (though slightly higher energy cost for boomerang could be fine), just Shuriken seems rather hard to fit into a build now.

Also, any chance Focused Shot / Sniper Rifle could see a boost from Sneak effects? Maybe just 'ignores resistance / dodge if used while stealthed'?

Edit:
    Also, a list of powers I'd like to see a 0 / 1 point advantage to turn them into location targeting at the cost of well a ton of energy atleast for the maintains since they aren't maintains anymore to get them to be player placeable:

-Lightning Storm
    -Conflag
    -Whirlwind
    -Snow Storm
    -Avalanche
    -Storm of Arrows
    -Orbital Laser
    -Implosion Engine
    -Minimines (also please fix the advantage to scale with rank)
    -Psychic Vortex
    -Ego Storm
    -Fissure
    -Quicksand
    -Ebon Rift
    -All 4 flavors of Sigils
    -Invocation of Storm Calling
    -Epidemic
    -Planar Fracture

Wow that list is a bit long aint it, oh well, wishful thinking!
    edited August 2012
    rykonailo wrote: »
    Actually travels SHOULD break sneak and not just for 4 seconds but forever... I mean that is sorta the point to Sneak.... and the advantage and yeah...

This was sorta debated a long time ago, Sneak works with Travel powers, end of discussion, Ninja can be fast while they sneak. The problem is when activating Travel Powers sneak breaks, seems coding is too general.
    edited August 2012
    end of discussion

It certainly is, no point in bothering to debate the obvious issue at hand with someone with an attitude like that.,

For the record, I don't care wheter or not sneak disables travels or doesn't but current design says it should so yeah this is a bug. Why have an advantage that allows full walk speed if you can just turn on super speed. And no I'm not replying to this conversation anymore, that reply of yours was really offensive to me.
    edited August 2012
    It certainly is, no point in bothering to debate the obvious issue at hand with someone with an attitude like that.,

For the record, I don't care wheter or not sneak disables travels or doesn't but current design says it should so yeah this is a bug. Why have an advantage that allows full walk speed if you can just turn on super speed. And no I'm not replying to this conversation anymore, that reply of yours was really offensive to me.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, a bit late here and I'm busy checking out the changes. But I recall why and specifically why travel powers started working with sneak, it is because combat is simply too fast, in a PvP and PvE environment. The advantage is obsolete, the 33% speed reduction should be removed along with the advantage.
    edited August 2012
    Sorry if I sounded harsh too.

And you got a good point in combat being fast and mobile but sadly unless that advantage gets removed I think the intention is Sneaks downside being slow movement and as such Travels being on negates that downside. Perhaps someone could make good arguement to persaude the devs to keep Travels with sneak though?
    edited August 2012
    Sorry if I sounded harsh too.

And you got a good point in combat being fast and mobile but sadly unless that advantage gets removed I think the intention is Sneaks downside being slow movement and as such Travels being on negates that downside. Perhaps someone could make good arguement to persaude the devs to keep Travels with sneak though?

It was already, that patch was put in a few patches ago, Sneak: Now works with Travel Powers.
    The issue is stemming from the rework that activating ANY power will break sneaking. But Travel powers can be on with sneak, just that the coding on the rework of sneak is buggy.
    edited August 2012
    Bug: Maintaining a power does not refresh the decloaked buff, only on activation of the power, so you can still deal damage while the timer runs down.

Bug: ALL powers break sneak upon activation. This includes things like toggling a form, travel power, activating an Active Defense or Active offense, this needs to be changed.

Bug: Powers that receive special bonuses from Sneak do not lose those bonuses when decloaked.

Bug: Sneak breaks when interacting with anything.
  • kurbeewankenobikurbeewankenobi Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Popping in to be the annoying gnat to keep this as a current issue, but still crashing before getting to the character select screen. A little worried about this potentially heading to Live, given the Kitchen Sink and prematurely released content patches we've had before. If you guys over at Cryptic still have this bug in your sights, all the power to ya'.

EDIT:
    Also also, could we please get the 'remember account name' at log in to remember your actual account name and not the ingame handle instead. Its REALLY annoying to retype the whole thing every time.

Getting annoyed by this issue as well. Possibly related?

@Kurbee - Join date: Nov 09. Interested in costume contests? Join the 'Contests' channel to see advertisements for CC's occurring every day.
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Bug: ALL powers break sneak upon activation. This includes things like toggling a form, travel power, activating an Active Defense or Active offense, this needs to be changed.

Including sniper rifle or any other power that "activates" rather than "charges". So trying to use sniper in sneak just knocks you out of it and you lose the bonus damage before you can finish maintaining the power and actually fire.

Honestly, that should be working as designed, you shouldn't be able to activate clickies and whatnot while using stealth, it's just always a thing when it comes to stealth mechanics... Not that you can't already skip through a lot of areas with teleport and good timing in the same manner, but if you could just sneak deactivate everything in the SL bunkers and open the doors without ever breaking stealth, that's just... yeah...

Otherwise, great, Night warrior is actually a viable passive choice in my book now. It does in fact give a unique play style feeling and fading in and out of stealth in a team to make repeated "backstabs" will actually work well and naturally flow into a rotation now.

I still think shadow strike could use a slightly shorter CD for what it's worth... You can match its spike damage with single blade every ~10 seconds with a scything blade->chain->chain->wait 3 seconds-chain->chain->reaper's embrace combo comparatively. Yeah, it's far more work than just waiting to drop into stealth then Shadow striking, but. Eh...

Snark never dies.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Finally got in!

Can't pick 'The Night Avenger' as your Innate Talent.
    Slider resets to top when talent clicked. Actually it happens with every talent.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Finally got in!

Can't pick 'The Night Avenger' as your Innate Talent.
    Slider resets to top when talent clicked. Actually it happens with every talent.

Yeah, it's been that way... You have to click(not double click), well, release moreso REALLY fast and it'll manage to stay selected even though the list still scrolls to the top. then you just go over and click the actual select button.

Snark never dies.
  • bjoernrbjoernr Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yo cryptic i can smell the next FOTM Powers!

Dont make nighthawk to strong
  • grapemoussegrapemousse Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not sure what is up with Thick As Thieves but The Investigate the sewers objective doesn't complete. I also tried clearing all of the mobs in the sewers, that did not help.

LIFETIMER since 23/01/2012 || Join Date: Sep 2009

Can be reached in-game as @PoochieHellhound

Support me on YouTube!
  • rafahil893rafahil893 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Praise the lord oh praise the lord, they listened.
    edited August 2012
    bjoernr wrote: »
    Yo cryptic i can smell the next FOTM Powers!

Dont make nighthawk to strong

The only thing I can see you talking about is Boomerang Cone. Boomerang Cone seems a tad strong, it needs a bit of toning down.
    edited August 2012
    Including sniper rifle or any other power that "activates" rather than "charges". So trying to use sniper in sneak just knocks you out of it and you lose the bonus damage before you can finish maintaining the power and actually fire.
    Sniper is doing that? Interesting, Crush needs to look over all the powers and make sure they're interacting properly.
    Honestly, that should be working as designed, you shouldn't be able to activate clickies and whatnot while using stealth, it's just always a thing when it comes to stealth mechanics... Not that you can't already skip through a lot of areas with teleport and good timing in the same manner, but if you could just sneak deactivate everything in the SL bunkers and open the doors without ever breaking stealth, that's just... yeah...
    Ok, I see the point here, this is understandable. Though, it'd be nice if it doesn't break when interacting with NPCs. Not too important, just a request. :P
    Otherwise, great, Night warrior is actually a viable passive choice in my book now. It does in fact give a unique play style feeling and fading in and out of stealth in a team to make repeated "backstabs" will actually work well and naturally flow into a rotation now.
    I agree here, the Sneak changes have made a major difference, I think I'm likely to take this passive now, just hoping the bugs mentioned get fixed.
    I still think shadow strike could use a slightly shorter CD for what it's worth... You can match its spike damage with single blade every ~10 seconds with a scything blade->chain->chain->wait 3 seconds-chain->chain->reaper's embrace combo comparatively. Yeah, it's far more work than just waiting to drop into stealth then Shadow striking, but. Eh...
    I agree here, I think Shadow Strike's cooldown needs to go down to 30 seconds Base. Also, it would be nice for Smoke Bomb to get a bit of a rework, 60 or 90 seconds base cooldown, immediately put you into Sneak for 12 seconds, and drop threat. (This can work if Sneak is not toggled, if it is, "decloaked" immediately drops)
    edited August 2012
    Bug: Sneak detoggles when changing instances, This bug is consistant with Energy Builders when set to "Toggle, never cancels"

Another Bug: Certain enemy powers can completely detoggle sneak, instead of decloaking, Trey kings chain stun is one of them.
    edited August 2012
    Shadow strike is not activating
    When i use a free form build, shadow strike seems to work most (but not all) of the time, but never on my Test AT.

On my lv 8 test AT i get the "not enough energy" message when i try to activate shadow strike from sneak. The only way i can use shadow strike is to activate some powers from sneak and break stealth for a moment and then re-inter sneak. After this i can use shadow strike, but i cant use it as an alpha strike.

Note: this happens on free forms too but i get it every time on the AT.

edited August 2012
    Shadow strike is not activating
    When i use a free form build, shadow strike seems to work most (but not all) of the time, but never on my Test AT.

On my lv 8 test AT i get the "not enough energy" message when i try to activate shadow strike from sneak. The only way i can use shadow strike is to activate some powers from sneak and break stealth for a moment and then re-inter sneak. After this i can use shadow strike, but i cant use it as an alpha strike.

Note: this happens on free forms too but i get it every time on the AT.

This seems to be a bug with Shadow Strike ignoring all energy cost modifiers. Shadow Strike feels too energy costly at times now. Can we see it lowered to 2/3 or 3/4 of your energy?
    edited August 2012
    Morning all, Lemme hit feedback here.
    Bug: Maintaining a power does not refresh the decloaked buff, only on activation of the power, so you can still deal damage while the timer runs down.

Bug: Powers that receive special bonuses from Sneak do not lose those bonuses when decloaked.

First part I will look into. Dealing damage should cause it to refresh.

The second is working as designed. Activating a power from sneak decloaks you. ANY power.

The third I will fix today, It was an oversight with how the power changed and the affected powers didnt reflect that.

And shadow strike could use a slightly shorter CD and cost.
    edited August 2012
    Morning all, Lemme hit feedback here.

First part I will look into. Dealing damage should cause it to refresh.

The second is working as designed. Activating a power from sneak decloaks you. ANY power.

The third I will fix today, It was an oversight with how the power changed and the affected powers didnt reflect that.

And shadow strike could use a slightly shorter CD and cost.

Thanks for the update Crush, on the second point though, I do hope you look into my Smoke Bomb suggestion, and at least alter Forms and Travel powers so they don't break sneak, it feels a bit awkward, its not a major issue, but it would feel a bit better.

EDIT: Also, can you look into the Sniper Rifle bug, that Sneak decloaks on activation, which prevents Sniper from receiving the Sneak damage buff.
  • stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Boomerang Cone does not apply or refresh stacks of concentration.
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2012

So it's by design that stealth here can't work effectively with Active Offences and On Next Hit powers? That seems a little counter-intuitive considering how stack-happy Champions generally is (STO too... stacking your way to victory is, like, a Cryptic theme).
    edited August 2012
    I've done a few vs. Player tests with sneak. Here are a few numbers

70 Int: Could not see sneak unless at point blank.
    131 Int: Could see Sneak within 20 feet
    85 Int + Perception Core 4: Beyond 100 feet, approximately 110-120 until Sneak was out of sight.
    142 Int + Perception Core 4: 150+ feet, looked around 160ish
    203 Int + Perception Core 4: Beyond 200 feet, 200-250
    203 Int No Perception Core: About 65-70 feet.
    326 Int No Perception Core: Approximately the diameter of a duel bubble. 150ish?

Synopsis: Sneak's stealth has been effectively buffed, to the point where int is needed, however, it seems it might need a bit more. Perception cores make a BIG difference as it only took 203 int with a Perception Core 4 to all but nullify Sneak's stealth. My solution would be to up Sneak's perception stealth a bit further, with that though, personally I'd rather have all perception/stealth mechanics work on the powers level, have powers grant stealth sight instead of gear to give it to you. I believe it should require good amounts of Int with fair amounts of perception to see Sneak beyond 30-40 feet, (say 300 int + Perception 5 should be able to see sneak no further than 50')

Special thanks to Kaiserin for testing with me.
    edited August 2012
    Bug: Instance crashes while converting recognition in the recognition vendor.
    edited August 2012
    So it's by design that stealth here can't work effectively with Active Offences and On Next Hit powers? That seems a little counter-intuitive considering how stack-happy Champions generally is (STO too... stacking your way to victory is, like, a Cryptic theme).

This is kinda what I mean too, Actives/ONH/Forms/Travel Powers really should not break it on activation, just makes it feel clunky.
    edited August 2012
    This seems to be a bug with Shadow Strike ignoring all energy cost modifiers. Shadow Strike feels too energy costly at times now. Can we see it lowered to 2/3 or 3/4 of your energy?
    This is kinda what I mean too, Actives/ONH/Forms/Travel Powers really should not break it on activation, just makes it feel clunky.

This has been changed today after some testing. Breaking on activation, while nice in theory, but interferes with too many powers. It should roll out with the new patch, possibly tomorrow
    edited August 2012
    This has been changed today after some testing. Breaking on activation, while nice in theory, but interferes with too many powers. It should roll out with the new patch, possibly tomorrow

Woo, thanks for the changes Crush. Also, look into Sneak vs. Player for me? I feel it should require a bit more commitment to Int/Perception to see Sneak at a fair distance (50 feet or so)