What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.30.20120723a.2 PTS Update

nisdiddumsnisdiddums Posts: 91 Arc User
edited July 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.30.20120720a.2
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 7:00pm PST

Greetings!

We will be performing maintenance on PTS to update the shard with a new build that will contain the following updates:

-Hi-pan boss fight tuning to make the fight more manageable.
-Added a failure condition timer of 10 minutes.
-Ambient audio added to the map.
-Added voice-over and cutscenes.
-Updated dragon character model.
-Visual updates to the environment.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Thanks!
Post edited by nisdiddums on

Comments

• theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    crash bug fixed maybe?..
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nope, still crashes for me. :frown:
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
    edited July 2012
    Nope, still crashes for me. :frown:

Shazbot!!!
    handle @apygoos ticket ID of crash 14156996
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    PTS update FC.30.20120720a.2
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 7:00pm PST

Greetings!

We will be performing maintenance on PTS to update the shard with a new build that will contain the following updates:

-Hi-pan boss fight tuning to make the fight more manageable.
    -Added a failure condition timer of 10 minutes.
    -Ambient audio added to the map.
    -Added voice-over and cutscenes.
    -Updated dragon character model.
    -Visual updates to the environment.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
    Bug
    Where it happens
    What happens

Thanks!

Nothing new for the Nighthawk powers? NOTHING AT ALL? We need more changes, HELLO BOOMERANG THROW!! Yea you! Get in line!...Sneak? Can you do your job and actually stealth people?
  • mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I want them to fix PFF :(
    Can hardly ever get enough peeps for Hi pan. :frown:
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can hardly ever get enough peeps for Hi pan. :frown:

Yeah this is hard to test... I was on last night and no luck, the most we got was 4 peeps. Maybe, can we get a dev setup a time for testing?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, on the Hi Pan stuff;

Seems to be a bit wonky on the intro to the area, the pan around will play twice, once players are loaded in and again when someone first approaches the bridge.

So far the yin yang says it does X but I really don't feel it. I feel I am really over statted for this thing to actually be challenged by it, so I doubt I could be considered the best judge for it (and that's even considering I wasn't at my current stat level on live and missing my innate as well as talents). Over all I am probably going to end up doing this alert a lot just for the questionite alone.

I can't say ringing the bell to scare off the dragon ever felt necessary but then again I was tanking.

One questionite box is going to make this alert played a lot, but the fact his bag can give questionite might just see the other alerts neglected for a very long time while hi pan is active.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • vincyrevincyre Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Something I've noticed while testing the new sneaky powers on pts...

Regardless of how high my dex was or anything, it's just too hard to get close to a mob with Sneak, then stay stealthed long enough to get a shadow strike off. Sneak's stealth bonuses are just -too- low.

Cryptic, might you consider buffing the actual strength of the stealth bonuses that sneak gives, so that we can actually manage the sneak attack you gave the night warrior passive?
    edited July 2012
    Ok, on the Hi Pan stuff;

Seems to be a bit wonky on the intro to the area, the pan around will play twice, once players are loaded in and again when someone first approaches the bridge.

So far the yin yang says it does X but I really don't feel it. I feel I am really over statted for this thing to actually be challenged by it, so I doubt I could be considered the best judge for it (and that's even considering I wasn't at my current stat level on live and missing my innate as well as talents). Over all I am probably going to end up doing this alert a lot just for the questionite alone.

I can't say ringing the bell to scare off the dragon ever felt necessary but then again I was tanking.

One questionite box is going to make this alert played a lot, but the fact his bag can give questionite might just see the other alerts neglected for a very long time while hi pan is active.

I found this Alert rather challenging, especially since it was mobile, I'm melee, Travel Powers were disallowed (Really Cryptic?) oh and I was using the crappy passive known as Night Warrior. All this complaining about SStrike being OP? Well, I got SStrike off three times, twice my sneak was interupted so my damage was pathetic. Thanks to the Yin Yang symbol (it does damage on squishies, believe it or not)
  • sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    PTS is still crashing.

This time, it's on the character select screen. I think it's certain characters that do it when they go to load, as I was able to delete my second page of characters without a crash, but it's crashing consistently on the first page.

I started the Launcher in Safe Mode (it's in the Options) and was able to get a Ticket ID out of the Cryptic Error Handler.

Ticket ID is 14178404.

My @name is @Dr.Sage, or was before the forum merger.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    apparently after getting on PTS after this recent server maintenence, ive been able to get in *knocks on wood* hope others that shared this issue have the same success, and that it dosent come back
    edited July 2012
    theapygoos wrote: »
    apparently after getting on PTS after this recent server maintenence, ive been able to get in *knocks on wood* hope others that shared this issue have the same success, and that it dosent come back

*knocks on wood for you as well* hope that's the end of that nasty bug

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Still crashing. Got a different error message this time, 14181373.

I was able to get in to the Powerhouse with a copied-from-Live character (after deleting all my PTS characters), but it crashed when I was looking at powers, and now I'm unable to get past character select even in Safe Mode.

I was able to get in to the Powerhouse with a copied-from-Live character (after deleting all my PTS characters), but it crashed when I was looking at powers, and now I'm unable to get past character select even in Safe Mode.

Have you trid updating your drivers lately?
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2012
    Short of wiping my hard drive, I have done pretty much everything I can to work around the crash from my side (fresh pts copy, lowered all settings, safe mode, etc.), I still crash just before/as character select screen loads. :frown:

EDIT: Hmm, I see that the video card choices between "auto" or pick from either DX9/11 is gone on PTS.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Short of wiping my hard drive, I have done pretty much everything I can to work around the crash from my side (fresh pts copy, lowered all settings, safe mode, etc.), I still crash just before/as character select screen loads. :frown:

Basic computer maintenance? Sounds like your swap file is a shambles.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2012
    Have you trid updating your drivers lately?

Oddly enough, yeah.

I was having an issue with videocard overheating earlier this week. The inside of my case was spotless, but I'd missed a little bit on the GPU's heatsink. Blew that out with some compressed air (might've almost sprained my wrist in the process), and combining that with the hotfix driver update for ATI cards (something related to D3/Skyrim...), my card is running a lot cooler now.

In the process of diagnosing that problem, I checkdisk/defragged my hard drives, updated all my drivers, checked power cables/power supply/connections, ran a ton of virus scans (all clean) and did everything else I could think of, as my original presenting problem was that my PC would just shut off.

Problem is, I've been having these crash issues consistently since the beginning of the month. They seemed to start after I merged my Cryptic Account with a new PW account.

They haven't gotten any better or worse since the driver update and the mass of computer maintenance, though last night's PTS patch was at least able to get me past the character select screen.

I'm running a verify on PTS right now.

Verified, tried loading, got 14181373

Do you let it do it's file check of the live server first before you instantly swap over to the test server? Or do you swap to test server first before letting it do it's check of live server. If you do, then you are forcing it to crash because it hasn't verified and check files since it uses both the live and test files to run the test server client.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2012
    Do you let it do it's file check of the live server first before you instantly swap over to the test server? Or do you swap to test server first before letting it do it's check of live server. If you do, then you are forcing it to crash because it hasn't verified and check files since it uses both the live and test files to run the test server client.

Ran a check on Live to completion, then swapped to PTS and ran a check on it to completion.

I mean it's normal check. If you don't let it it will crash.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited July 2012
    I mean it's normal check. If you don't let it it will crash.

Yeah, I think we're talking about the same thing.

Let's assume I just crashed (not a far-fetched assumption)...

1. I start the launcher back up

2. I go into options (before entering my password) and make sure "Force Verify" is checked

3. I type in my password and log in.

4. It starts on the "Live" tab, and pops up a message asking if I want to "Verify all Files". I say yes.

5. It displays "Patching" with no progress bar. I leave it alone and read the forums, checking back occasionally.

6. When the progress bar says "Ready" and the starburst says "Play", I then click the "Public Test" tab.

7. This starts another verify, where it says "Patching" again, with no progress bar. I leave it alone and do my best to emulate the rest of step 5.

8. When it finishes, I'm going to try hitting "Play" while on the Public Test tab and see what happens.

The level of detail above isn't to be a smartass, it's to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I'm stumped and annoyed. :mad:

edited July 2012
    Basic computer maintenance? Sounds like your swap file is a shambles.
    Yes, that must be it, that is the only thing that could possibly be why those of us that have the crash issue only do so on PTS! And considering we did not have any crash issues with the PTS during the BM test, I think your suggestion must be it. I will go to defrag my swap file right this second!!!!

Yeap, that was it. NOT! And unlike most of the people you must deal with, I have all drivers AND patches up to date (even tried rolling back drivers, no difference), everything is defragged, have let the game send all reports it has asked to and let it do the file check when it asked to (and ran it manually too), filed several bug reports on both Cryptic's and PWE's report systems, etc.

The only setting I have different between Live and PTS is Video Card, as that option has been removed from PTS. I just tried all three options on Live, no crashes there.

The crash issue started, for me, somewhere between patches FC.28.20120620.0 & FC.28.20120614.1, i.e. before the recent "forced" account integration (and I integrated my Cryptic Account with the PWE version months ago).
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes, that must be it, that is the only thing that could possibly be why those of us that have the crash issue only do so on PTS!

The only setting I have different between Live and PTS is Video Card, as that option has been removed from PTS. I just tried all three options on Live, no crashes there.

I had for example last year a strange bug where i had no, or only very very low sound
    on Live but everything was fine on PTS. After i copied my CO to another partition, because
    i wanted to reinstall it, i started it from there, and the problem was gone.

In the end i found this registry entry as the source of the problem :

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1998410480-2719844636-815454170-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore\1ca5d9bf_0]
    @="{0.0.0.00000000}.{bc706a30-24e6-4432-ab97-2ab19b591a82}|\\Device\\HarddiskVolume1\\Champions Online\\Champions Online\\Live\\GameClient.exe%b{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}"

Who knows if your problem is not also even as strange as this :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited July 2012
    Hmm, somehow I skipped looking in the registry, sadly, did not find anything unusual there CO related as all the live & pts keys seemed to match all the way through. Did find out some interesting ways that Win8 added to the registry though, so it was worth looking even if it did not help the crash issue. Unlikely to be Win8 in of itself, no Win8 patches in the right time period and have been using it for several months without any PTS crashing.

If drannic is correct about it being characters being issues, I can think of three I have on PTS that could be potential problems, without getting it to simple things like too many copies of same character or such.

1) I made a female character during the two patches I listed earlier and copied her to PTS, when I tired to log in to pts soon after was when the crashing started. Someone posted a supposed screenshot of a diagnostic tool watching CO crapping out loading female related model pieces.

2) I copied a character that was a FF slot (maybe multiple times) and I am gold, maybe they do bad things on PTS for golds/lifers.

3) I have a copied character that no longer has a Live version existing. Long shot but you never know.

Then again, I know when the video card setting was first added to CO (on pts), if I set it to DX11 rather than leaving it auto, I would crash sometimes, but that was with my old computer and I tried setting it directly to DX11 on Live tonight without crashing.

Sigh, I guess I live another day without getting to try bat, err Nighthawk's powerset. :frown: Maybe I will try installing Win7 on a spare drive over the weekend to eliminate Win8 as a possible source of the crashing.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The video card options should be reset if you delete your gameprefs.ini

Else .. only gold and lifers are allowed to play on test :wink:
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited July 2012
    I'm on XP, and I've deleted all my PTS characters. The only one on there currently is a copy of a character from Live.

The video card options should be reset if you delete your gameprefs.ini
    The option does not exist on pts any more but is still there on Live. I have deleted the game prefs, copied the live ones, and restored the original, all several times, no help. Same with every file in the Live and Playtest directories, even the log files. Deleted PTS directory completely, and after you mentioned the registry, even went so far as to delete every reference it had to the PTS. None of that help.
    beldin wrote: »
    Else .. only gold and lifers are allowed to play on test :wink:
    I meant I now have a grab bag FF slot on PTS which was not there before I tried copying the character, just shooting out possibilities to the others that have the issue.

EDIT: I seem to be getting to character select with the pts patch today but it still crashes soon afterwards, even if I try logging in. Hmm, the video card option is back on PTS, no help.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mainscrizz wrote: »
    I want them to fix PFF :(

/signed This has to happen fast. It is a total disgrace of a passive. Even Telepathy has a better passive than PFF. And Yes I am aware Telepathy has no passive
    edited July 2012
    What am I downloading today?? any clues whats up in this new build ( it was releasaround Fri or Sat)

Edit #1: All I can notice its that it has all the stuff that live has + prowler powers.

Edit #2: HA!!!! gotcha! seems that the new AT is in, though its in stealthy mode =p. You have to move your mouse over the last slot of the hybrids.

Edit #3: Err... it looks actually kinda weak, I guess this is still WIP, and here's me hoping they change the unarmed skills for tuned/new claw skills. There are no brainer decisions like in lvl 11 boomerang throw vs grapple gun pull.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lopacismynamelopacismyname Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just spent the past couple of hours trying all the suggested tricks to prevent the hard crash (along with a defrag, disk cleanup, and anti-virus sweep), but nothing is stopping it.
    I've also tried to get a screen cap of the Cryptic Error report window, but it just completely disappears before I can even get a ticket number, nevermind having 2 seconds to type a word in the window.

I can tell that the video settings have been reset to default, because log in looks like **** on a wide monitor. Can't even hope to delete a character from pre-merge, because I can't even get to selection.

Maybe this can be the first problem addressed, ya'think?

@lopac1029
    Because having 2 different user names is a stupid idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Have you gone to your CO Playtest folder and deleted both your localdata and cache folders?
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited July 2012
    hm..looks like with the recent patch, im back to crashing again, both on map load in and tab characters
    damn it and i thought we were onto something withteh crash issue, guess not

also can anyone post the Night Avenger power progression /super/sidestats??
    edited July 2012
    Have you gone to your CO Playtest folder and deleted both your localdata and cache folders?

Delete the folder entirely, or delete the contents?

also can anyone post the Night Avenger power progression /super/sidestats??

Sure thing, there you go!

Primary: Dex
    Secondaries: Str, Ego

Lvl 1: Vicious Strikes
    Lvl 1: Thunderking Kicks
    Lvl 6: Smoke Bomb Lunge
    Lvl 8: Night Warrior
    Lvl 11: Boomerang Throw or Grapple Gun Pull (derp decision here)
    Lvl 14: Form of the Tempest
    Lvl 17: Boomerang Cone (feels tad late to get your only AoE isn't it?... well Boomerang Throw its as well, but the jumps are rather unpredictable at times)
    Lvl 21: Parry
    Lvl 25: Bolas
    Lvl 30: Backhand Chop or Elbow Slam
    Lvl 35: Gas Pellets
    Lvl 40: Strafing Run (which is an unfinished power at the mo)

Specializations: Dexterity, Guardian and Vindicator

As a small review of its current state... I think it feels rather limited, specially having your only AoE till 17... that will make lvling a pain. Also the playstyle feels rather funny, you don't have a good charged power to discharge Stealth, besides Shadow Strike and Boomerang Throw (which its not a single target... though does 2x damage if used in stealth). It really needs a strong melee attack (please change the whole melee to claws!!! heck Nighthawk in the concept art has them!!!!!)... feels rather lackluster on some areas, awesome in others (boomerang cone+stealth = instant kill of henchman + villians).

Also... STR/EGO For secondaries?? It would work if Vindicator Mastery did not suck. If you attempt this setup with Vindi Mastery, you'll get 10% to melee and range... but... its not base damage, so the damage increase its barely noticeable, trust me I tried to make this mastery work on my hybrid... but the difference of damage was around 50-25.... yeh. Also this particular build its REALLY dependant on REC, because you need base energy if you want to throw pellets/boomerangs and stuff from stealth. I would go REC/EGO (since ranged are the strongest hits in this build) for this particular AT.

Edit: And also... going on the Range vs Melee of this particular AT. If they don't want to add a stronger melee attack (Shadow strike doesn't count since its a 90 second cooldown), switch Form of the Tempest with Concentration. Since range its what really does damage with this particular setup

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012

Tried deleting the contents of both, wasn't able to even complete the monitor setup before crashing.

Lvl 17: Boomerang Cone (feels tad late to get your only AoE isn't it?... well Boomerang Throw its as well, but the jumps are rather unpredictable at times)

As a small review of its current state... I think it feels rather limited, specially having your only AoE till 17... that will make lvling a pain. Also the playstyle feels rather funny, you don't have a good charged power to discharge Stealth, besides Shadow Strike and Boomerang Throw (which its not a single target... though does 2x damage if used in stealth). It really needs a strong melee attack (please change the whole melee to claws!!! heck Nighthawk in the concept art has them!!!!!)... feels rather lackluster on some areas, awesome in others (boomerang cone+stealth = instant kill of henchman + villians).

Also... STR/EGO For secondaries?? It would work if Vindicator Mastery did not suck. If you attempt this setup with Vindi Mastery, you'll get 10% to melee and range... but... its not base damage, so the damage increase its barely noticeable, trust me I tried to make this mastery work on my hybrid... but the difference of damage was around 50-25.... yeh. Also this particular build its REALLY dependant on REC, because you need base energy if you want to throw pellets/boomerangs and stuff from stealth. I would go REC/EGO (since ranged are the strongest hits in this build) for this particular AT.

Edit: And also... going on the Range vs Melee of this particular AT. If they don't want to add a stronger melee attack (Shadow strike doesn't count since its a 90 second cooldown), switch Form of the Tempest with Concentration. Since range its what really does damage with this particular setup
    this ...needs alot of work, ill get back to this thread when i have a decent set up imo for this AT
    i agree on REC/EGO secondaries also, somewhere i nthis buld needs to be (at leat the options for) Dragons kick and 100 hands [if only webcast 100 hands is the only unarmed fist-use move outside BCF, which would not work for this build thematically]. however, if they make significant improvements to sneak before this stuff goes live..well we jsut need to see.

also Crashes..fix them plox
    edited July 2012
    cascadence wrote: »

I would understand Str/Ego and Form of the tempest if this build had more melee attacks, but this is rather trivial. To me, it looks like this AT needs to have a lot of options, firstly, it SHOULD be claws, also claws should get a review alongside the new nighthawk powers. You should be able to choose between boomerang throw and a melee attack (such as: Rend and Tear. (Yes its rather useless but Dragon's Claw without DRs would be...oh yea, Cryptic fix the DRs on ATs) also you should choose either form of the tempest or concentration, because of the range/melee versatility.
    edited July 2012
    I would understand Str/Ego and Form of the tempest if this build had more melee attacks, but this is rather trivial. To me, it looks like this AT needs to have a lot of options, firstly, it SHOULD be claws, also claws should get a review alongside the new nighthawk powers. You should be able to choose between boomerang throw and a melee attack (such as: Rend and Tear. (Yes its rather useless but Dragon's Claw without DRs would be...oh yea, Cryptic fix the DRs on ATs) also you should choose either form of the tempest or concentration, because of the range/melee versatility.

You read my mind in here. Definitely this is really close to what I proposed in this thread earlier today. Definitely must be an AT filled with options. I'll try t get a hang on GC if I can in the PTS so he can give a read to that thread.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    cascadence wrote: »
    I'll try t get a hang on GC if I can in the PTS so he can give a read to that thread.

While you're doing that, could you see if they're even working on the crash issue, or if they have a solution somewhere in the tubes, or if we should just look forward to playing another game when this goes Live and we can't log in without crashing?

Thanks. :frown:

While you're doing that, could you see if they're even working on the crash issue, or if they have a solution somewhere in the tubes, or if we should just look forward to playing another game when this goes Live and we can't log in without crashing?

Will do if I find him in the PTS... honestly its a matter of luck, but we shall see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012

dunno what it was, but after their server maintenance on Thursday, i was able to get in..for at least 1 day, and now im ack to crashing like everyone else, cant even get a ticket ID, as usual, as the error reporter poofs almost instantly
  • bjoernrbjoernr Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Visual updates to the environment.

Which environment? :confused:
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I think the AT needs some form of heal at least, I noticed it is one of the few AT's like The Impulse AT not to have an energy unlock.

Would Righteous Fists look better on this AT?

Also Perhaps shift AoE up to lvl 11 and switch out Boomerang till lvl 17?

Even though a heal would be VERY late at lvl 30 how about either an advantage on a power which allows for a small HoT on Bolas or something? Ideally before lvl 30 IMO, but I am just saying. Similar to the stim pack advantage on Holdout Shot, for the Specialist.

Could be very wrong here as I havent been following that well >.<

But no active offensive or defensive present?
    edited July 2012
    I think the AT needs some form of heal at least, I noticed it is one of the few AT's like The Impulse AT not to have an energy unlock.

Would Righteous Fists look better on this AT?

Also Perhaps shift AoE up to lvl 11 and switch out Boomerang till lvl 17?

Even though a heal would be VERY late at lvl 30 how about either an advantage on a power which allows for a small HoT on Bolas or something? Ideally before lvl 30 IMO, but I am just saying. Similar to the stim pack advantage on Holdout Shot, for the Specialist.

Could be very wrong here as I havent been following that well >.<

But no active offensive or defensive present?

1) Does not need a heal, its an offensive AT, the only offensive AT to have a heal is The Unleashed (which shouldn't have a heal to begin with)
    2) No melee AT has an energy unlock, this is because the MA Forms were supposed to be the Energy Unlock, but now that the ranged form exists, melee has become like Ice, desperate need of them.
    3) an AO would be appreciated, not so sure about an AD but maybe, also, this AT lacks any stealth powers to synergize with Sneak, this is poor design.
  • raediyaraediya Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Undocumented Changes: Pre "On-Alert" Gear
    Version: FC.30.20120727a.0

Synopsis:
    Existing gear prior to the On-Alert patch changes that brought modifiable gear have lost their prefixes and parts of their descriptions.

Screenshots:
    Old Gear
    New Gear
  • raediyaraediya Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    PTS Game Client Crashes
    Version: FC.30.20120727a.0

Synopsis:
    Edit: Incorrect evaluation, please ignore.
    edited July 2012
    Sooo... my OCD for checking dev posts paid off lol... got a notice that (hopefully *crossing fingers*) will get rid of the crashing for those of you in the PTS
    Systems: Character Selection: Hard crash to desktop when loading character selection on PTS. (sagewithbubbles, Thread Post) [QA - Fixed (PTS inbound)]

Lets hope the next PTS build will have this and fix it once and for all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]