Options

FC.30.20120720a.1 PTS Update

nisdiddumsnisdiddums Posts: 91 Arc User
edited July 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.30.20120720a.1
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 7:00pm PST
*Hi-pan Alert will be activated ~8:00pm PST

Greetings!

More powers updates from G-Crush, and an all new Alert will hit PTS this evening.
We're excited to see what you think of the new Custom Alert, the new map and boss fight.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

New Custom Alert: Red Banner
Hi-Pan has never been know for being the most intimidating villain around Millennium City, but that's all about to change once you, and your team of hi-powered heroes step into his domain.
- This mission features an all-new map, and boss creature that will aid Hi-pan during battle.

Powers:
Might: Mighty Kick: This power now deals significantly more damage to knock immune targets.
Might: Mighty Kick: The bonus damage to knock immune targets now scales with charge time.

Might: Roomsweeper: This power now deals significantly more damage to knock immune targets.
Might: Roomsweeper: The bonus damage to knock immune targets now scales with charge time.

Might: Uppercut: This power now deals significantly more damage to knock immune targets.
Might: Uppercut: The bonus damage to knock immune targets now scales with charge time.

Might: Havoc Stomp: This power now deals significantly more damage to knock immune targets.
Might: Havoc Stomp: The bonus damage to knock immune targets now scales with charge time.

Might: Haymaker: This power now deals significantly more damage to knock immune targets.
Might: Haymaker: The bonus damage to knock immune targets now scales with charge time.

Known Issues
  1. Player that are unable to teleport out of the Hi-pan Alert map after the boss fight can do so by using the Socrates contact to warp from the map.
  2. Hi-pan boss rewards are currently not hooked-up. These will come in the next update
  3. Some effects issues have been reported with the Ying Yang symbol graphics that cause them to stretch vertically.
Post edited by nisdiddums on

Comments

• Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    These are some (seemingly) smart power changes.

A target not yet knock immune does not have to feel trapped in a super-high damage juggle combo, and someone who keeps coming back for more punishment after immune will actually get it.

Hope they play out as well as they sound.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You couldn't just fix Haymaker's charge/activation times? ._.

EDIT: oh also, Why not fix the actual problem and fix Might's base damage? Creativity is meaningless if the dev can't get simple mechanics to work :P

EDIT2: Oh yea! What about my SEVERAL previous suggestions of making some advantages of might ignore portions of Avoidance? Or how about making Haymaker inherrantly ignore say 10-20% avoidance when dodged? Right now we have a few ways to penetrate resistances but nothing remains (since dodge became flat) to penetrate dodge, It would be smart to fix this issue by a) making dodge scale (like it should've initially) or b) make avoidance penetrating powers, like my idea of Haymaker
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh yea! What about my SEVERAL previous suggestions of making some advantages of might ignore portions of Avoidance? Or how about making Haymaker inherrantly ignore say 10-20% avoidance when dodged? Right now we have a few ways to penetrate resistances but nothing remains (since dodge became flat) to penetrate dodge, It would be smart to fix this issue by a) making dodge scale (like it should've initially) or b) make avoidance penetrating powers, like my idea of Haymaker

Do not give that feature to just Might (getting around Dodge). Spread out to all the sets, maybe, but not just one set. Talk about making things even more overpowered.

And I look forward to testing later tonight. Should be fun.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So my assumption is correct that only one developer is responsible for the entire powers table and all the bugs in it?

Hats off to you G-Crush..
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    approves of these changes. heres hoping i can get into pts tonight
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    So my assumption is correct that only one developer is responsible for the entire powers table and all the bugs in it?

By the way, where are Akinos and Ame? I haven't seen them in a while...did they get pink slips?? :O
  • Options
    grapemoussegrapemousse Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    By the way, where are Akinos and Ame? I haven't seen them in a while...did they get pink slips?? :O
    Akinos was active as soon as the PA revision.

Ame? Who knows.

LIFETIMER since 23/01/2012 || Join Date: Sep 2009

Can be reached in-game as @PoochieHellhound

Support me on YouTube!
  • Options
    oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    These Might buffs are great, but what about:
    • Non-Knock Might attacks?
    • Heavy Weapons? (Annihilate says "Hello!")
    • Defiance's (lack of) synergy with Enrage?
    • The fact that Master Villains can be knocked, but are immune to fall damage?
    And last but definitely not least:
    • Brick's base damage?

Like I said, these buffs are great, but they need to be applied to Heavy Weapon as well, and they (sort of) dance around the main issue with Brick: its base damage.
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    oyo32 wrote: »
    • Brick's base damage?

Like I said, these buffs are great, but they need to be applied to Heavy Weapon as well, and they (sort of) dance around the main issue with Brick: its base damage.

Missed that one. These are good questions.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    ukatoenasniukatoenasni Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    • Brick's base damage?

I'm less worried about Master Villains being knock_OK, then I am about a lot of Alert super-villains still being knock_OK despite the fact that they probably shouldn't be.

Other than that, some of the suggestions here are also things to consider.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    • Brick's base damage?

What about brick's base damage? It's the same as bestial's, and people say bestial is OP.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    What about brick's base damage? It's the same as bestial's, and people say bestial is OP.

People say Bestial is OP? What people? I'd like to meet them.
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »

The issues with Might we're brought DIRECTLY to his attention from so many sources, he said "I'll look into it personally, and make sure the right people see this..."

...Looks like he lived up to his word :eek:

GMC, you da' man!
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks Crush. I'll reserve judgment until I see some numbers, but this is encouraging. A look at Unstoppable would also be welcome.

Is there any time scheduled to gather folks to playtest the new alert? It seems these days you devs have to drag the players out to them to get any testing done, and I'd really don't any alerts released with as many bugs as the last set.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I sadly won't be able to test these changes as my sub ends today and I am not renewing it, so no PTS access for me.

I'm glad there are some improvements to Might. Hope they turn out well.
  • Options
    sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Exactly. It's not just Might. It's Brick as a whole. Heavy Weapons included.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Greetings all!

The shard is back up, and the Hi-Pan (Red Banner) Alert has been turned on.

At first it looks like the Queue Selectors are not showing, but changing maps has shown to bring them back up from time to time.

If you do not have these queues shown, you can still access the queue by using the PVP/PVE window on the mini map.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Aura slots appear to be in now.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Crash on backtabbing through character select
    Crash on loading into map, maps loaded were MC on one toon, Vibora on another
  • Options
    thesoulstarthesoulstar Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Aura slots appear to be in now.

you don't say...*Stops whatever the hell he's doing right now and rushes to hop on test to check this out*
    On Call site found here: Project On Call

On Call FAQ found here:On Call FAQ
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Alright here's my feedback on the event, so far;

The few trash mobs are pretty simplistic to get through. They are scary level and not even tough, so they get bowled over quickly. It's also a bit, underwhelming, that still being sidekicked down to 30 for this.

As far as the Hi Pan fight... if the Yin Yang is suppose to do anything dangerous, I didn't notice it. I didn't feel I had to move the entire fight and pretty much stood their tanking Hi Pan without issues.

The dragon that appears looks to need some touching up, and doesn't appear to be doing anything, at all. And there is a bell that glows but so far we haven't found a reason to use it yet.

Over all, the instance seems a tad underwhelming, and Hi Pan, with a new look, has a lot of HP, but otherwise is not a tough fight. Maybe I'm a bit too strong as a tank, but otherwise didn't feel much reason to move around or change tactics at all during the fight.

I did love the look of the zone, its' quite lovely and beautifully done. I just think the challenge needs to be ramped up a bit.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Played through the new alert twice. Really nice looking map. Probably the best in game. Great job ANUBIS.

The fights were pretty easy. Loved the ying/yang effect; reminded me of a very neat episode of Samurai Jack. :) The fight itself was pretty easy. The dragon did nothing. Ringing the bell did nothing. I assume those are bugs.

I agree with Silverspar that the dragon model could use detailing and polish. Looking forward to testing future iterations.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Over all, the instance seems a tad underwhelming, and Hi Pan, with a new look, has a lot of HP, but otherwise is not a tough fight. Maybe I'm a bit too strong as a tank, but otherwise didn't feel much reason to move around or change tactics at all during the fight.

Considering I can tank basically everything in the game except Tele (with various difficulties ranging from easy, to rather sketchy, when it comes to elite TT, for instance.) with quarry and less than 5k HP, I doubt it has anything to do with you being too strong of a tank...

More like, every enemy in the game is a pathetic sack of hitpoints that can't manage to kill anything that can heal itself and/or fly.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Considering I can tank basically everything in the game except Tele (with various difficulties ranging from easy, to rather sketchy, when it comes to elite TT, for instance.) with quarry and less than 5k HP, I doubt it has anything to do with you being too strong of a tank...

More like, every enemy in the game is a pathetic sack of hitpoints that can't manage to kill anything that can heal itself and/or fly.

Well, too tough on the level that the only critter now capable of actually budging my health bar in game is Gravitar ;)
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well, too tough on the level that the only critter now capable of actually budging my health bar in game is Gravitar ;)

Right, which is why more bosses need to be hitting for 20,000-30,000 damage with schtick attacks. Honestly, if the bosses can't even hit anywhere near as hard as players in pvp can, how can they ever expect anything in PvE to be any sort of challenge?

*edit* Oh, and how bout giving bosses travel cancels? You know, that thing no one would be caught dead without in a fight against another superhero?

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Right, which is why more bosses need to be hitting for 20,000-30,000 damage with schtick attacks. Honestly, if the bosses can't even hit anywhere near as hard as players in pvp can, how can they ever expect anything in PvE to be any sort of challenge?

*edit* Oh, and how bout giving bosses travel cancels? You know, that thing no one would be caught dead without in a fight against another superhero?

1) I don't disagree with you at all.. too easy

2) Is that what's becoming the norm now? My poor toon.. Aura of Clarity and <5000 HP.. even with active defenses up 100% of the time in combat she's obviously not meant to be part of this world.

I would feel MUCH more comfortable if the maximum damage per ANY single hit was closer to 10,000 HP than 30,000 HP.. But that would require balancing how tanking works and no one wants to TOUCH tanking..

Oh well.. back to being useless and obscure
  • Options
    edited October 2015

I can still fly at 120ft. and sniper tank gravitar without her ever landing a single hit on me... Heck, even jack fool, my favorite boss, is completely foiled by flying... He can't do a damn thing but throw a shuriken that does like 200 damage. They need travel cancels.

*edit* Oh, and just for clarity, I don't mean the crappy blanket travel cancel effect like they did with Warcan or whatever his name was. I mean the boss actually has an AI script added to its cycle that checks if the attacker is outside of its primary attack range and then uses the cancel on them in that case. That really shouldn't be something that's impossible to do especially since they gave Teleiosaurus her Air Jordan 120ft. vertical leap ability when being attacked from beyond 100ft. in the air.​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    spellchekcspellchekc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please Please Please convert Dark Aura and the shrink/grow devices to the new aura slot items.

I know asking to keep them toggled on perma has been discussed and dismissed, but at the very least have them in the aura slots auto-toggling on when combat exits.

Please
    August 28th!
  • Options
    voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can Cryptic put the BM version of PTS back up, it was nice to be on the PTS, even if it was only for less than a day. :tongue: Better yet, if it is the characters causing the crash, can you give us a way to wipe current PTS characters so we can log on with the ones not causing crashes? :frown:
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    getting the same crashes too eh?
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Where are these aura items?
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    BUG:
    Token-TPs like Scarab Tunneling don't work at all on the PTS.
    Copying chars with such a Tp will have a foreced retcon.
    If i try to re-buy them i get an error : "unable to use this item"
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I did a quick test (read: checking it out) of the new Might buffs. I'm going to do more testing later today. But here is what I got so far:

Power: Uppercut (all of these were fully charged)
    Combat Log:
    Your Uppercut deals 953 (1048) Crushing Damage to Test Dummy. (No Knock Resistance Stacks)
    Test Dummy loses 1843 Health Points from falling.

Your Uppercut deals 1072 (1179) Crushing Damage to Test Dummy. (One Knock Resistance Stack)

Your Uppercut deals 1101 (1211) Crushing Damage to Test Dummy. (Two Knock Resistance Stacks)

Your Uppercut deals 2480 (2728) Crushing Damage to Test Dummy. (Three Knock Resistance Stacks)

Running in Tank mode. Image of the character's stats. Enrage was not toggled on either.
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • Options
    neosoujineosouji Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Hello? It's nice you, indestructible guys, are having fun and all... but what about us, squishy DPSers? You up the damage, and then we have a gigantic bunch of people dying and failing, just like in Gravitar's.

... unless one of you guys are around, I mean. >_>

It's just not fair benefiting one side of the crowd and outright destroying the other side. Y'know, the one that sacrificed defense in exchange for damage.
  • Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    neosouji wrote: »
    Hello? It's nice you, indestructible guys, are having fun and all... but what about us, squishy DPSers? You up the damage, and then we have a gigantic bunch of people dying and failing, just like in Gravitar's.

... unless one of you guys are around, I mean. >_>

It's just not fair benefiting one side of the crowd and outright destroying the other side. Y'know, the one that sacrificed defense in exchange for damage.

^
    This.

In all honesty tanking needs to be toned down a bit.... anyho, back on topic.

The new Alert its awesome!!! I loved the art... ANUBIS you rocked on this one, this is definitely one of the most gorgeous sights of the game.

I like the looks and feel of the new super powered Hi-Phan.... though I agree he needs to be toned up, feels really easy. I am a glass cannon melee dps and I tanked him with no problems at all, it was just a matter of moving away from the ying yang circles.

Unless the intention its to make him this easy... well... I guess hes fine.

The dragon definitely needs more art work, looks quite funny at the moment... like if my character thinks she's on drugs or something lol.

I wanna know what's the bell for... got me intrigued, maybe a phase 2?

I disagree with other posters in here, and I think that for this particular fight, disabled TPs are just fine, since the core mechanic of the fight its avoiding the ying yang circles, and a TP would make that ridic easy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree with the above poster, and with what everyone else pretty much said about the alert.

BEST looking map in CO, IMO! Hands down!

However, Hi Pan could use a buff, and perhaps some more attacks. I can't say I saw all of his attacks because he goes down so fast. LOL

I also like the idea with our TPs being stripped off.
  • Options
    benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I see the aura slots are up, but I'm assuming the auras themselves are not implemented yet for testing? Or have I missed something?

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    benevon wrote: »
    I see the aura slots are up, but I'm assuming the auras themselves are not implemented yet for testing? Or have I missed something?

Maybe C-Store items ? :rolleyes:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So, Might had damage output problems combined with the fact that opponents flying in all directions isn't quite practical. And the only said buff had to be an increased output when the targets are knock immune?

You're tired of dying? Scrapped all that defense for maximum damage output? And complain that you need a decent team to get most of the efficiency? Well, I suppose you found your answer to the question.

Also, 'Might' doesn't always have to be 'Tank'. If you're upset that an Unstoppable Might reaches a level of DPS close to whatever your martial arts using ninja or assassin is then there's something wrong.
    cascadence wrote: »
    In all honesty tanking needs to be toned down a bit..

Yeah you only need CON and some active defenses to tank anything I agree. Even DPS'es can do that.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Did some testing in the powerhouse.

Haymaker rank 3 with 8 enrage on an immune target seems to do something in the range of 4300-4700.

This does not seem to differ from live numbers. Is this actually working?

EDIT: Neeeeeevermind.

I forgot to factor retaliation mechanics and demolish.

Haymaker rank 3 with 8 enrage, with demolish+below the belt, knock immunity, with retaliation r2 = 7400-8070(highest and lowest numbers)

PvP note:

Interesting way to gate this kind of damage to a per-engagement. How will this be balanced versus a DEX brick? I can't imagine you keeping this unless you start granting immunity stacks upon knock success instead of attempts.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well, unless you plan a meticulous stratagem which consists of giving away 2 stacks. before striking. Well, yeah. You're better off with spamming the hell out of Dragon Uppercut.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    You're tired of dying? Scrapped all that defense for maximum damage output? And complain that you need a decent team to get most of the efficiency? Well, I suppose you found your answer to the question.

Also, 'Might' doesn't always have to be 'Tank'. If you're upset that an Unstoppable Might reaches a level of DPS close to whatever your martial arts using ninja or assassin is then there's something wrong.

Yeah you only need CON and some active defenses to tank anything I agree. Even DPS'es can do that.

Uh... hello again? Who said anything about me being melee? I'm ranged, and I'll still be ranged. I could care less about whatever dps the other roles are pushing. I'm talking about survivability.

I have another toon, a tank in its own right, that can solo pretty much 90% of the game, and can survive Gravitar long enough so the supporters can revive the entire team.

Oh, and there's Caliga and Silverspar, who can pretty much solo the entire server. While still being pretty amazing at keeping aggro when the situation calls for it. They kill slowly, but they don't die. Period. (ok, Teleiosaurus needs some extra DPS due to the regen, but that's one helluva exception.)

So, should I just reorganize my DPS's superstats and get CON because someone "said so"? And surely, trade damage for an extra bit of survivability?

HELL NO.

Of course there should be challenge for DPSers. After all, where would be the fun if there wasn't? But they should be winnable by "someone who is NOT a tank"... or "hybrid-tank" for that matter. And all of that because we're all gold, most of us freeforms who can get self-heals. Imagine the silver ATs. Most of the DPS Silver ATs don't have a single self-heal (Unleashed being the exception)...

Currently, my DPS has 4955 hp, the standard for Con 10. And it will stay that way, because I love the big yellow numbers flying on the screen. Sure, I'll die, of course.

Because I'm not a tank.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Uh... hello again? Who said anything about me being melee? I'm ranged, and I'll still be ranged. I could care less about whatever dps the other roles are pushing. I'm talking about survivability.

I have another toon, a tank in its own right, that can solo pretty much 90% of the game, and can survive Gravitar long enough so the supporters can revive the entire team.

Oh, and there's Caliga and Silverspar, who can pretty much solo the entire server. While still being pretty amazing at keeping aggro when the situation calls for it. They kill slowly, but they don't die. Period. (ok, Teleiosaurus needs some extra DPS due to the regen, but that's one helluva exception.)

So, should I just reorganize my DPS's superstats and get CON because someone "said so"? And surely, trade damage for an extra bit of survivability?

HELL NO.

Of course there should be challenge for DPSers. After all, where would be the fun if there wasn't? But they should be winnable by "someone who is NOT a tank"... or "hybrid-tank" for that matter. And all of that because we're all gold, most of us freeforms who can get self-heals. Imagine the silver ATs. Most of the DPS Silver ATs don't have a single self-heal (Unleashed being the exception)...

Currently, my DPS has 4955 hp, the standard for Con 10. And it will stay that way, because I love the big yellow numbers flying on the screen. Sure, I'll die, of course.

Because I'm not a tank.

DPS are challenged enough by taking an offensive passive. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Hear, hear.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    EDIT: Noticed this while I was messing around:
    At times when I hit an enemy with a fully charged attack they were not knocked into the air like they should, but rather slid across the floor despite having NO stacks of Knock Resistance.
    This happens in Live as well sometimes too.

EDIT: EDIT: Whoops, major error in the chart, I'll get it back up when I fix the error.

AOyJ2f6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Did some testing in the powerhouse.

Haymaker rank 3 with 8 enrage on an immune target seems to do something in the range of 4300-4700.

This does not seem to differ from live numbers. Is this actually working?

EDIT: Neeeeeevermind.

I forgot to factor retaliation mechanics and demolish.

Haymaker rank 3 with 8 enrage, with demolish+below the belt, knock immunity, with retaliation r2 = 7400-8070(highest and lowest numbers)

Were these crit or noncrit?
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Uh-huh... Electric Sheathe w/ Matter-Energy Union + Unbreakable + freaking NIMBUS OF FORCE and Gravitar can still two-shot me (3 hits, if I'm lucky enough to dodge one).

And let's not forget the yellow bubble of doom. If my teleport is on cooldown, I'm dead with all the above on AND dodging/blocking.

Next, please.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Because I'm not a tank.

Cool, now you can stop complaining and move on, good journey.

Oh, and Ryder only meant to say that it's already a tough enough handicap to pick an offensive passive, but well.

• Options
    edited October 2015

Coming from someone who uses a defensive passive, quite frankly defensive passives COULD use some updating, called "nerf" because I think 120% resistance from a passive (fun fact, offense boosts have diminishing returns, defense boosts do not) is a tad ridiculous :rolleyes: oh and if you're referring to the offensive passive which barely qualifies as such because how abuseable it is with dodge rating stacking (hint hint, its in Archery) Then I think you should put attention on that passive. If you hadn't noticed, defensive passives and supportive passives tend to be the most used, with exception of 3 offensive passives, one can abuse smoke grenade to get permanent stealth on those without very high levels of int or perception, the other is a melee passive with appropriate amounts of defense, mostly used by melee players known as "Roleplayers" the other is a ranged passive with more defensive capabilities than said melee passive, it also is more versatile, infact its the most versatile passive. but enough of that, lets talk about how amazingly strong defensive passives are.​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There is nothing that an offensive passive user can do that a defensive passive user could also do.

But there is plenty that an offensive passive user can't do that a defensive passive user could.

In short - because 99.5% of mobs don't heal in CO, people with a defensive passive can outlive their targets and beat them down slowly. But offensive passive users can't just out DPS their targets before they die.

And thanks to the wonders of diminishing returns on damage values and how easy it is to get Offense and Crit Chance (25% Crit chance and 50% severity require an 'investment' that everyone should always slot in period at level 40 unless they're a dedicated healer), it's simple to make a tank that can do like 75% of the damage of a DPS.

The entire system is a mess.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page