test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Red Banner Daily Mission...

keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Missions and Content
Well, thanks for the 100% drop rates, but the daily still blows. Mostly the reward aspect of it.

The Salvage can be used to buy... swords that we can already get off of the newly-renamed Z-Store.

Mmmmhmmm. Rather than whacking together some new fancy katana models or something, you just throw in a chunk from the Melee Weapons pack.

Also, the Artifact Hunters aren't doing anything differently than the other daily event chumps before them. I swear they're spawning in the exact same place the others did.

Let's just be thankful that this mission didn't require hunting bosses...
Post edited by keikomyst on

Comments

• malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah 100% drop rate, but they give you duplicates instead of the ones you need.

I honestly don't see the appeal to these types of missions. Having the whole game community fight over spawn points with not so dedicated drops.

Makes it..messy
  • bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Personally I'm just going to rack up as much Drifter Salvage as I can, to save up for whatever's in the next Drifter Event.
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
    Join in the Doctor Who fan film, Doctor Who 2.0 Origins!
    My ideas: Arch-Nemesis
  • smuggl3rsmuggl3r Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Took 10 minutes or so, then moved on to something else. No big deal.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Also, the Artifact Hunters aren't doing anything differently than the other daily event chumps before them. I swear they're spawning in the exact same place the others did.
    Yep and Halloween and the Winter event will have NPC's in the same location.

Yet you'll still have morons in zone chat saying "Where do I find these guys?", because you know actually moving around and finding stuff for yourself in a video game is too darn tough.
    They would have to put the cheetos and mountain dew down.
    The horror.
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Perhaps if i could get my Beta Legecy Frost Blades Dual Swords and look back..
    and build a free-form from the ashes.. of ataris accounting when you merged to them
    and they double billed me so i had to cancel gold to stop it.. id be happier too.

sendign the repair ponies
    http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb291/CountessRavenstein/Funny%20Stuff/repairpony.gif
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    it does get annoying when they drop duplicates,and for the effort of tracking them down for about 10 minutes,and only either getting a super catalyst,salvage,or 500 Q I think that the Q should be upped to at least 1000,because it only takes a few minutes to get that in other ways and maybe add something a bit better than a catalyst,even if it is a R9 up one.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I really don't care for most of the weapons being offered here but I can't complain about the mission too much, it's not really that fun IMO, but it's not broken content or anything that hurts my gaming experience any.
  • supercollider75supercollider75 Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At least the duplicates can be traded or stored in bank (or hideout bank for runs on an alt)

Very disappointed in the current Drifter store items, and one going for 100 drifter's salvage - WTF?????

I'll be doing a few runs just to stock salvage for future. At least they are quick missions.

BTW - hunter spawn point seem almost exactly the same as the roxstar mission mobs (rockers). (as keikomyst said)
    http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Roxstar%27s_Costume

So a circuit around harmon labs up to cryptic studios via war on peace and back it fairly easy as their colours stand out a mile and the first lot should have respawned by the time you get there.
    Is all Drifter costume pieces (swords) are same as one sold in Z store? Then its sucks. :(
  • supercollider75supercollider75 Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Is all Drifter costume pieces (swords) are same as one sold in Z store? Then its sucks. :(
    and since one of the swords is going for 100 salvage, doubly so.
    You can check the Drifter Store about the weapon unlocks. It states in the names that those are same as the Melee Weapon Pack ones.
    So Whehey! Thanks for giving us something for actually using our Zen's for. NOT!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • stupendousmanxstupendousmanx Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm not even interested in getting any of those weapons since none of them fit my unleashed, and there's at least one heavy weapon in there and I plan on never buying The Devestator.

[SIGPIC]Too late![/SIGPIC]
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What 100% drop rate? I'm not seeing that myself. :confused:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • sorontharsoronthar Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What 100% drop rate? I'm not seeing that myself. :confused:

Right, it is not 100% but pretty close. And sometimes the same group can drop two or more artifacts.

It is true that this mission is nothing special, but it is something to do while I queue on the alerts for the daily mission :)
  • euthymiaeuthymia Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yep and Halloween and the Winter event will have NPC's in the same location.

Yet you'll still have morons in zone chat saying "Where do I find these guys?", because you know actually moving around and finding stuff for yourself in a video game is too darn tough.
    They would have to put the cheetos and mountain dew down.
    The horror.

Yeah because people that just started out already know all the Halloween and Winter NPC locations by heart. :rolleyes:

The morons that have been here for years would have to put down their cheetos and mountain dew to help just like they were probably helped the first time they did these events.

I'd rather see these so called "morons" asking that kind of question in Zone than the asinine chatter that usually goes on on that channel.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You see, Euthymia, it's an article of faith among some folks here that there have been absolutely no new players added to the game in forever - it's all just the same old peeps, so every person who posts in here that they're leaving just shows that the population's dwindling, and the game is dying, and DOOOOOMMM!!!

They seem unable to conceive that someone might have joined the game since the Mountain Grab Bag and the Rockers (the Cyberlord mission used different spawn points), or that some folks might not have the entire Mill City map memorized yet. (Trust me - I've gone looking for new spawns, because the route I usually use gets camped sometimes. You can go for blocks through City Center or Downtown trying to find Relic Hunter spawns, and if you happen to be on a low- to mid-level toon, you can get greased by the regular mobs while you're looking.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I must admit that I enjoy exploration, "finding stuff for," myself, in games. But others prefer jumping straight into the action. More power to them I guess.

I dont know if its still around, but the last BM event I played people posted links to a labeled BM map in zone chat periodically. There wasnt much, "where is Tiger," posting, just, "when is Tako up next."

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited July 2012
    I saved up my spare artifacts after a heinous run the other day (I needed to take out 40 or so groups to get one water) and I fund that the 50 some odd spares are all gone. When you cash in this mission it appears that it eats the ones in the bank vault as well. That's really disappointing. I never seem to get any luck running these sorts of missions and now I can't even save up any progress I made from before. I only went to my vault after taking out the required ten groups but found myself missing two artifacts. I'd like to revise my previous statement of " I can't complain about the mission too much" to read "I can complain about this mission"
    edited July 2012
    Quick update:
    At the end of ten groups I needed mountain and Lightning. I managed to get the mountain on the very next group but wouldn't see lightning till I'd taken out another 17 groups. Then I got 2 salvage from the drifter. I wonder if it's the designer's intention to make the player say "I'm wasting my life"
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, Guy, if I reach the end of the ten groups and still need an artifact or two, I generally buzz by the AH. The bits I need usually run on the order of 90 nationals or less...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited July 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Well, Guy, if I reach the end of the ten groups and still need an artifact or two, I generally buzz by the AH. The bits I need usually run on the order of 90 nationals or less...

I didn't think they were at the action house. I did a search earlier in the week when I was missing water and that returned no results. I didn't even bother looking today.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can confirm that artifacts are *not* taken from your hideout storage when you turn the mission in. I put any extras into hideout storage and withdraw them whenever I need a piece or two...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    BTW till when this Daily mission is Live?
    The Daily before ended so suddenly so I want to know when it ends.
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well Harmon Front right Corner right on top of a pop up Gun Turret.. Brilliant..
    Care to explain why an artist puts mission content on to of interactive Mission content like that.. ?

The NPCS have a fine time pwning each other. .I show up try to get an item off them..
    Sometimes i get their in time sometimes its done.

and yes the Red Banners on some roof tops where the other groups never have been Left of MErcy a biot and in West Side areas.. also the ACI area MechAssasion or Viper X were or out in front of Argent where they spawned the Red Banner dose not.. also near the Reporter corner at Argent zip nada.