test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Missions Should Adjust To Level

elfringselfrings Posts: 53 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestions Box
If the dailies can do it, why not the others? It would REALLY solve a lot of the issues of players complaining, "I'm level __, but there aren't anymore missions my level!" Or people bored with being limited to MC in the early levels, so they try to level up using alerts and wind up causing failure for more serious alert-users.

This isn't suggesting ALL missions should be available no matter what your level, however. Continue to make many missions limited by storyline progress. But it would be nice to return to how things used to be, where you had a choice of where to begin play. But now instead of only Greenskin or Canada, or just MC (as it is now) you could choose any one of all 3. And if you get bored, you could go back and start the crisis storyline in another area without the first missions being several levels below you.

(Also, turn the tutorial into a crisis. After you create your character, you choose which crisis to start in and can select a toggle to play it in tutorial mode if you're new.)

Perhaps... once you've unlocked other areas (Monster Island, Lemuria, Vibora), your lower level characters could have the option of beginning storylines there at any level? That way they're still only open to experienced players, but not necessarily experienced characters. This makes Sidekicking a bit more necessary though while in groups. So perhaps instead it would happen automatically, with the levels of players averaged into a group level, and encounters adjusted to match?

I don't know. There's a lot which would have to be worked out. But making all missions adjust to level would solve a lot of issues....

_
`

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by elfrings on

Comments

• elfringselfrings Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also, the civilian missions should adjust to level. I never even do these anymore. By the time I'm looking for something to do, they rank grey or green to my level. :P
    `

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orion730orion730 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    but then the storyline will be not good when you are on low level and are playing a part of the story that is great and is end game
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I definitely agree with second poster. The Help-A-Citizen repeatables should be scaled to level, simply so there's actually an incentive for players to do them, beyond civic duty, which... Well, after seeing these citizens easily scale buildings in a single bound, is kinda hard to muster some days.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • stupendousmanxstupendousmanx Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /Signed. Every single one of my level 40 characters have a ton of grey missions. This would ad a lot of replay value.

[SIGPIC]Too late![/SIGPIC]
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /signed
    I hit level 40 grinding for the questionite for the electric flight for my second travel power which i needed to do first so i could enjoy using said travel power through the missions, but now unless i'm teamed with someone lower i can't get as much fun from the missions.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • clockwiseclockwise Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Actually, it'd be nice if everything in the game keyed off of the first player to interact with it. Crafting nodes, enemy mobs, everything. It has never felt heroic to have the standard MMO approach of "low level area," "mid-level area," etc., in a superhero game... which incentivises the player to skip past all manner of evil because they get nothing out of addressing it.

If I want to play the low-tier pistol-wielding vigilante who never stops street sweeping Westside, who cares? Let me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was Dubsy on the Old Forums. I am still @Dubsy in-game. Also, lol.