test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nemesis alerts only for players with a nemesis!

battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestions Box
I do a nemesis alert every time i see one come up. But i have faced my own nemesis only once and that was just dockside. I'd love to face the Star Worm in a bank robbery. I'm sick of seeing the defaults over and over again. I love it when i face someone elses nemesis, thats great. But time and time again its just the boring defaults.

Can we please restrict these to players with a nemesis if we can't make it so that a default is only used if no-one of the players has a nemesis?

Because the awesome coolness of the nemesis inclusion in alerts is really being lost. And it really should be a big deal. The whole Nemesis idea is one of the coolest parts of Champions. We really should have lots more different nemesis alerts and encouragement for those who haven't made one to do so.
the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
Post edited by battybattybats on

Comments

• polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Or if they don't have a Nemesis and they are chosen, make it an evil version of their character. This can be done by adding a mustache or goatee.
  • illuminia87illuminia87 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So essentially, impose a level 25 level restriction on a generic Alert? No thanks.

Just possibly improve the process in which the game chooses a nemesis. One where the default/generic nemesis only appears if none of the 5 people present have a nemesis.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How about using those guys from the Bunker Buster instead of a generic nemesis?

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The way I understand it, and I may be wrong on this, it selects Nemesis based on the first person to load into the instance. So if you load in first, it will be your nemesis, if you have not made one yet it will be a generic.

That point aside... I would like to see it pick the generic only if there is no nemesis existing among the 5 members.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i enjoy when its my nemmy that shows up before lowbies, let their minds be blown by your nemmys epicness..or hilarity, depends on how you make em
  • stupendousmanxstupendousmanx Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How about using those guys from the Bunker Buster instead of a generic nemesis?
    The way I understand it, and I may be wrong on this, it selects Nemesis based on the first person to load into the instance. So if you load in first, it will be your nemesis, if you have not made one yet it will be a generic.

That point aside... I would like to see it pick the generic only if there is no nemesis existing among the 5 members.

Or we could combine these two ideas and have all generic nemeses replaced with the bunker buster villains.

[SIGPIC]Too late![/SIGPIC]
  • kamenridersaswordkamenridersasword Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As long as I never see another generic nemesis again I'll be happy
  • icegodzilla777icegodzilla777 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yeah just get rid of the generic nemesis fought the same stupid char 5 times was not impressed

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I bet if we get rid of the generic Nemeses we now have, we will get one with Might / Defiance
    instead :rolleyes:

But its "funny" when you do 30 Nemesis Alerts, and you only see in 2 a Nemesis of another
    player and else its 50/50 your own or generic :redface:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The generic ones look really ugly, don't know why every single last one of them has the name !!DESTRUCTOR!! oooh, thats so scary.
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ====================================
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So essentially, impose a level 25 level restriction on a generic Alert? No thanks.

Just possibly improve the process in which the game chooses a nemesis. One where the default/generic nemesis only appears if none of the 5 people present have a nemesis.

Ideally the process should be improved but if thats not technically possible then why not?

After all it's drawcard is that it's a Nemesis alert, the alert form of thw whole excellent immersive unique Nemesis system that Champions has over all the other MMOs.

But if it's not a player-created Nemesis then it's not actually a Nemesis, it's just a humdrum stop-gap villain. And swapping the generics for other minor villains still doesn't work properly either (while it would be an improvement) because it's still diluting the entire point of having Nemesis Alerts in the first place.

Those who are questionite grinding can get their questionite another way, those who are smash grinding to level up can still get that from all the other smash alerts.

The only harm i see in imposing a must-have-a-nemesis restriction would be for team-mates of lower level who don't have a nemesis yet but want to help a friend battle theres. If technically feasible then maybe if a team loads in the team leader needs to have a nemesis and theirs is used or something.

But why else should lower level characters do Nemesis alerts?

Isn't a nemesis-less player joining a nemesis alert robbing the players with them of a chance at a proper nemesis-fighting experience?

As for the one who loads in first getting the nemesis, sigh, thats pretty rubbish for those of us with less souped-up machines and/or connections. Surely something more fair could be done for that?
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?