test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Packleader - Bestial Petmaster

oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Builds and Roles
The strongest wolf leads the pack. This build uses powerful Bestial melee attacks and leads a pack of animal summons into battle. It should be noted that it's Supernatural Bestial and some of the effects may not suit a non-magical background.

---

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: The Packleader

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Master
Level 6: Martial Focus
Level 9: Impresario
Level 12: Survival Training
Level 15: Acrobat
Level 18: Accurate
Level 21: Paramilitary Training

Powers:
Level 1: Bestial Fury (Rip and Tear)
Level 1: Frenzy (Rank 2, Fear Sense)
Level 6: Supernatural Power
Level 8: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares)
Level 11: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)
Level 17: Command Animals (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Massacre (Rank 2, Blood Mess)
Level 23: Ritual of Primal Summoning (Rank 2, Unbound Ritual)
Level 26: Arctic Beast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Devour Essence (Rank 2, Phlebotomist)
Level 32: Ebon Void (Voracious Darkness)
Level 35: Aggressor
Level 38: Masterful Dodge

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2)
Level 35: Tunneling

Specializations:
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Quick Recovery (2/2)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
Strength: Overpower (2/3)
Commander: Evasive Action (2/2)
Commander: Create An Opening (2/2)
Commander: Multitasker (3/3)
Commander: Savage (3/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Elusive (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Commander Mastery (1/1)

---

Build
Lunge into battle with Void Shift and your enemies will be Feared, leaving them vulnerable to extra damage from Frenzy, which gives you a stack of Enraged every 3rd strike, which gives you bonus damage and energy and heals you with Endorphin Rush. On a single target, your Energy Builder and your pets from Command Animals have a high chance of inflicting Bleed, which leaves enemies vulnerable to bonus damage from Massacre, which knocks enemies down, which returns energy from Unstoppable and stacks Enrage for more damage, energy and heals from Endorphin Rush.

On the defensive side, Ebon Void with its advantage gives you a stacking defense buff and gives a very small heal when taking damage, combining well with the minor damage reduction of Unstoppable. Devour Essence (colour it red to feed on blood, purple to feed on the soul) gives you a bit of healing if you need it- moreso on a bleeding target, which you have the EB and Command Animals to provide.

Gear Suggestions
Armadillo secondaries, Crit POff with Crit mod, Cost Reduction PUtil with Cost Reduction mod. What you take on the PDef is up to you; I'd go with Defense or CC resist. Make room for a Dex mod or two.
Post edited by oniganon on

Comments

• Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was thinking of using this build for my Native American werewolf, but I was puzzled at you taking Aggressor, despite it's synergy with Massacre, as it prevents stacking enrage above one and I would think that enrage would do more damage. However, if aggressor does work well, then I was thinking of dropping Arctic Beast and taking Torrent of Arrows with the relentless recurve advantage since its knockback will trigger Aggressor also.

I would appreciate your thoughts.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theprettypixietheprettypixie Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    I was thinking of using this build for my Native American werewolf, but I was puzzled at you taking Aggressor, despite it's synergy with Massacre, as it prevents stacking enrage above one and I would think that enrage would do more damage.

I think you might have missed Enrage at level 14; you also seem to talk about aggressor like it was still a toggle, not the active offense it currently is.

Pretty.Pixie
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I think you might have missed Enrage at level 14; you also seem to talk about aggressor like it was still a toggle, not the active offense it currently is.

I knew that Enrage was in the build, but I thought Aggressor was a toggled form, like FotT and forms do not allow Enrage to stack above 1. If that has changed and Aggressor is more like an active offense then I wasn't aware of that, as i haven't rebuilt my might toons yet after a prolonged absence.

EDIT: Just checked in game, you are right. It would seem that both CO-Forge and Powerhouse are wrong :(
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theprettypixietheprettypixie Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    I knew that Enrage was in the build, but I thought Aggressor was a toggled form, like FotT and forms do not allow Enrage to stack above 1. If that has changed and Aggressor is more like an active offense then I wasn't aware of that, as i haven't rebuilt my might toons yet after a prolonged absence.

EDIT: Just checked in game, you are right. It would seem that both CO-Forge and Powerhouse are wrong :(

Hey, look on the upside, it means that this build is perfectly viable for your Werewolf! :P

Pretty.Pixie
  • Options
    oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, Aggressor is just in there for a Hold breaker. Feel free to replace it with a different Active Offense, or something else entirely.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hey, look on the upside, it means that this build is perfectly viable for your Werewolf! :P

Yes it is :)
    oniganon wrote: »
    Yeah, Aggressor is just in there for a Hold breaker. Feel free to replace it with a different Active Offense, or something else entirely.

Thanks Oniganon, as usual your builds are wonderful. I might switch Aggressor for intensity, to boost my crit chance. I am toying with dropping the block and Artic beast and taking a couple of archery powers for flavour, as he is meant to be a Native American Werewolf, but SMG with the bleed advantage looks tempting too. I would have to rethink his background with the latter :tongue:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    In the end I went for a purer pet/bestial build, but would like some advice on this variation. Main changes are the change to regeneration from unstoppable and the adoption of Aspect of the Bestial.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Luc Garou Silver

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Master
    Level 6: Martial Focus
    Level 9: Impresario
    Level 12: Survival Training
    Level 15: Acrobat
    Level 18: Accurate
    Level 21: Paramilitary Training

Powers:
    Level 1: Bestial Fury (Rip and Tear)
    Level 1: Frenzy (Rank 2, Fear Sense)
    Level 6: Supernatural Power
    Level 8: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares)
    Level 11: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Aspect of the Bestial
    Level 17: Command Animals (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Massacre (Rank 2, Blood Mess)
    Level 23: Ritual of Primal Summoning (Rank 2, Unbound Ritual)
    Level 26: Arctic Beast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Unleashed Rage (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Howl (Rank 2, Make them Tremble)
    Level 35: Resurgence
    Level 38: Masterful Dodge

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Tunneling

Specializations:
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Quick Recovery (2/2)
    Strength: Brutality (1/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Strength: Overpower (1/3)
    Commander: Evasive Action (2/2)
    Commander: Create An Opening (2/2)
    Commander: Multitasker (2/3)
    Commander: Durable (2/3)
    Commander: Savage (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Commander Mastery (1/1)
  • Options
    ethaedalusethaedalus Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would like to know how you got Unleashed Rage at level 29 when it is an ultimate skill Oo
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ethaedalus wrote: »
    I would like to know how you got Unleashed Rage at level 29 when it is an ultimate skill Oo

It's a level 40 retcon build.
  • Options
    doll1989doll1989 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Is it possible to mix some light/darkness/fire/ice into those builds? And don't worry, I don't mean that all 4 must be there, just 1 of those. I was thinking of making 2 heroes, who will be kind of opposites of each other. Both something like werewolves, both using mostly bestial powers, both using 3 summon powers, primal, bestial and arctic. But one white, another black. One using fire/darkness, another ice/light powers. Any ideas?
  • Options
    ventaniventani Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ethaedalus wrote: »

Once you hit 35 and respec, you can slot the 'Ultimate' abilities just about anywhere but the first 2 power choices.

Formerly Aeolwind
    Nothing witty, just angst.
    Primus Database of Characters
    40 Count = 6