test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions Online old account info lost?

lightstylezlightstylez Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC & Technical Issues
Okay so i bought champions Online almost 2 years ago and haven't played since. But since i found out it went free2play i wanted to log on and start playing again. But a change has happened since then, now you have to link your Cryptic account to your Perfectworld account to play so i thought ok fine. But after trying to login to my Crypic account multiple times i went to my email and i have this very old email

"As a result of routine security checks and upgrades, we have discovered that certain of your account information, including your password, may have been accessed by an unauthorized party.

For your security, we've reset the password on your account. You can recover your password via the "forgot password" link on the official Star Trek Online or Champions Online web sites:
https://www.startrekonline.com/user/password
https://www.champions-online.com/user/password "

The link for the cryptic password reset has a 404 error and also on the login page for the new champions site it DOES also have options saying "For Champions Online Account Recovery, click here." but this also give the same dead link as my email.

So.. i don't understand what i am meant to do unless they fix the page or manually change my password for me?
Post edited by lightstylez on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd say try making a support ticket about it.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    comicbookhero44comicbookhero44 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They epic failed by trying to merge the Cryptic and PWI accounts which never worked and most people like me just continued to use the Cryptic log in and now they deleted everything Cryptic so it no longer exist and your account like mine is long gone... have fun!
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They epic failed by trying to merge the Cryptic and PWI accounts which never worked and most people like me just continued to use the Cryptic log in and now they deleted everything Cryptic so it no longer exist and your account like mine is long gone... have fun!

This is weird, my hubby just logged in with his still-cryptic-account and everything was there :confused:

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    lightstylezlightstylez Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Right well after trying a lot of things there was another link on the actual client to reset my PW (they did a nice job hiding it) so i did get my account back, but when i logged in all my 8 characters we're gone. I posted on someone else's thread who had the same problem and also sent ticket about this. If i don't get my champions back i really dunno if i can be bothered starting ALL OVER again..
  • Options
    peripeteiaperipeteia Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    With all your 8 characters gone it doesnt look like you have got your account back at all
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Actually I merged my Cryptic and PWE accounts shortly after it was announced a few months ago and never had an issue. It worked perfectly...

Doesn't sound like an 'epic fail' to me...

Now the region bans and the problems some of the folks who waited until now to merge are having; that's another story...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    arashoon2arashoon2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I got a similar problem. I dont have access anymore to my old mail, and they reset my password (I think since I cannot login while i'm pretty sur the password I use is the good one). So I made a new account with an email that I have acces, but now I lost like more then 50$ in champion online (I bought a freeform for 50$, and a few others thing like fire fly etc). Since I can't change my Hotmail, and can't enter in my old Hotmail, I and they change the password, I can't enter in my account, while for my others game, I just had to change the Hotmail (they dont change our password without we ask to)