test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Put the nemesis police station on the map.

icegodzilla777icegodzilla777 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestions Box
today i got mail saying that mcpd captain martin wanted to talk to me about my nemesis. I had made a nemesis before but had forgotten the exact location of the police station. After about 10 mins looking i finally found it. I think it would be nice if the station could be put on the map so that people can find it instantly. I'm sure this has been said before but i thought i would mention just in case it hadn't.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by icegodzilla777 on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Makes perfect sense to me!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is a very frecuent question at the zone chat, really!

The should add some mark on the map. Or get it closer ??

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    stupendousmanxstupendousmanx Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /Signed. I have no idea why this hasn't been done already.

[SIGPIC]Too late![/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roadwulf1roadwulf1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I actually suggested this last year

It got support.

Nothing was ever done.

So
    /signed again.

My Characters(Archived Post, will repost when time allows)
    Side-kick System Compilation Thread
  • Options
    cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    While I love helping people out by telling them where to find the police station, I have to support this.

Put a map marker on the map. You've got all kinds of markers that I have no use for, but you can't mark the station so people can find it easily?
    10dsf81.png
  • Options
    blackdroserablackdrosera Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /signed.

Station should be in map.
  • Options
    vincyrevincyre Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Lets not forget the entrance to unity 2 in vibora bay. I only know how to get there because of memory, but many people do not.
  • Options
    bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes. This has been an issue for a while.

As a relatively minor technicality, I also have an objection to its being referred to as MCPD headquarters, when that building is clearly in Downtown (near the UNTIL building). This should be the MCPD Data Center.
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
    Join in the Doctor Who fan film, Doctor Who 2.0 Origins!
    My ideas: Arch-Nemesis
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The mission to see the MCPD guy should, at least, have a map marker to guide you there - even if the police station itself didn't have a marker, the mission should.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    dagconfaraday#1221 dagconfaraday Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What if they just moved the guy to the Defender console? That seems to be the Hub for all different types of content now.

The guy who formally posted as @Sky_Commander. Now posts as: "劫"
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    that or make it so that you can get the quest at the nemesis station instead of having to hunt the guy down ,would be easier since they have one of those in the center.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /signed

This definately needs to be easily found. But i wouldn't put it near defender that spot is crowded enough as it is and we need more things to get us moving accross the map. I think the spot is good, it just needs to be easier to find.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /signed

This definately needs to be easily found. But i wouldn't put it near defender that spot is crowded enough as it is and we need more things to get us moving accross the map. I think the spot is good, it just needs to be easier to find.

I agree. We really don't want to start throwing everything into the middle of Ren Cen. If we do that you might as well just have everything accessible from your hideout so you never have to move at all!
    10dsf81.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    true it is getting crowded by defender the map is probably the best way to go on it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well, there's that little nemesis terminal on another part of ren ctr - you could just put the MCPD guy there, too.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    There's a Nemesis terminal in Vibora Bay as well. I'd like to see an alternate contact for the "New Nemesis" Mission near that spot.
    =====
  • Options
    cyberruckcyberruck Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    prefectly agreed!
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agreed. Also, I wanna point out: I've been playing since beta, and I still don't know where unity 2 is. IF IT'S IMPORTANT, PUT IT ON THE DAMN MAP.

God, this isn't a hard concept.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've never been sure why there's no marker for it. Maybe since it's pretty close to the Biselle open mission, and they were trying to space them out at an early stage or something (even though they have them clumped closeish together in other regions...)

I think the main problem with the MCPD building is that, firstly, it could be confused with the Westside station, and secondly, there's very few missions that take you to that specific part of that specific street.
    It's the same problem Sherrara's gets. Because the game's missions seldom seem to take you down past it (which would make you think "hey, didn't I see a pub down by that away" or "hey, wasn't there a police station not far from City Hall?") whilst en route to doing something else on the most direct straight line as the crow(crowman?) flies route possible, people don't realise it's there.

The marker is essential, but I think there should be a timed mission to essentially run around the city, reaching waypoints (ala that one low-level mission in Canada, but sans new mobs unless you see a area where mobs jumping out would work), as an early starter mission, to get people aquainted with the landmarks of Millenium.
    Shame there's no way to get a high score ranking without making it as a open mission... It'd be cool for it to be repeatable and then people could race each other around the city (especially with the upcoming vehicles mentioned last UNTIL report)
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Agreed. Also, I wanna point out: I've been playing since beta, and I still don't know where unity 2 is.

I forget the name of the character, but she's right next to Dr. White in UNITY HQ.
    =====
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I forget the name of the character, but she's right next to Dr. White in UNITY HQ.

Thats only the person who sends you to Whisper when you have done all the quests that
    you needed in VB. The entrance to get the daily quests is on a Graveyard in VB.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lol that might be why. I can't bring myself to finish vb. BORING AS HELL.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    cyberruckcyberruck Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like the race idea!