test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RetCon: Save current configuration option

elfringselfrings Posts: 53 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestions Box
When you use a retcon (or at any point in the Power House) there ought to be an option to save & store the current configuration - similar to being able to save/load costume designs even if you don't ultimately use them. So, if you don't like the changes you made, you can revert to your previous setup at the press of a button instead of having to write it all down somewhere or try to remember it.

Before anyone misreads this and jumps to an incorrect conclusion, this isn't suggesting you could revert to a previous configuration for free after committing to a change. If you commit to a change and attempt to revert, it would charge the same as if you went through and changed your character item-by-item (unless the devs were so kind as to only charge for the specific differences. heh)
But the primary intention would be a scenario like this:
You use a retcon and wipeout your hero's configuration back to scratch, but before it takes effect you save the configuration you came in with. (Saved as <hero name>1)
You choose new powers, go to the testing area to see if the changes improved your character the way you'd expected and decide you prefer the character the way it was. So you go back to the trainer and, just in case you want to toy with this configuration again some other time, save it as <hero name>2 before removing everything you added. You can then start over again, as usual, or load <hero name>1 or maybe even <hero name>2 again.

I think I made this idea clear enough....?
`

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by elfrings on

Comments

• cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would love this option. Sometimes I get it in my head to change things up and I then realize it was a bad idea. Getting things all the way back to where things worked the way I wanted them to should be easier.

I agree, though, not free.

Saving builds to make power changes easier would be brilliant.
    10dsf81.png