test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you think they need to improve the graphics?

2»

Comments

• c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nightr0d wrote: »
    I have not personally used this command but how exactly would this improve graphics? And what is the range/default values for it? (if you know of course).

Oh and since we are taling a bout graphics and such does anyone know the /command to increase the world draw distance beyond the max displayed in the video options menu?

Try Renderscale 2, much higher will roast your computer :p It will run much slower, but is good for screenshots. Here are a few old threads about it:

Renderscale

Example shots

And here is a list of all console commands available
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    Try Renderscale 2, much higher will roast your computer :p It will run much slower, but is good for screenshots. Here are a few old threads about it:

Renderscale

Example shots

And here is a list of all console commands available

I see....Do you know of a way to increase the draw distance (the max distance textures are loaded) above the 300% that is shown under options->video?
  • haleakalahaleakala Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Add "<Esc> ends cut scene" and I'd be happy.

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • xvii013xvii013 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Regarding renderscale, just tried it out a while ago and it does look good.
    Combining it with Nvidia's driver-based forced FXAA, the game has never
    looked better :biggrin:

Btw, is there a way to set the game to load with a different renderscale
    value so as to avoid typing it each time? :confused:
  • youganyougan Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this:
    http://application.denofgeek.com/pics/games/comicstogames/03.jpg
    is comic book style, i really like to see that.

this:
    http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/bluebrad1974/mua.jpg
    is a low quality yet good generated comic book style.

this:
    http://media.industrygamers.com/editorial/2009/06/champions%20online%20screenshot.jpg
    is a horrible shaded style that doesn't remotely looks like a comic book.

....oh i am sorry, did i struck a nerve?
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    yougan wrote: »
    1)THIS: is comic book style, i really like to see that.
    2)THIS: is a low quality yet good generated comic book style.
    3)THIS: is a horrible shaded style that doesn't remotely looks like a comic book...
    "1" is sourced from something drawn from a source i'm unfamiliar with (so can't comment on it)
    "2" as you said is low quality, but done in a faith full style to comics.
    "3"... Well, i'm biased. CO is still the best character designer out there, so i put up with some things i dont' like (which you already addressed on this catagory)...

...Different stroke for different folks :wink:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • xvii013xvii013 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Really agree with "3", despite the fact that CO has its flaws, it has one of the best character designers :smile:

Just to point out though, yougan's first example is actually from a game: Ultimate Spiderman :biggrin: It really features one of the best "comic book" visual style :smile:
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    xvii013 wrote: »
    ...Just to point out though, yougan's first example is actually from a game:
    Ultimate Spiderman :biggrin:
    It really features one of the best "comic book" visual style :smile:
    My bad, was unaware :redface:
    Edited my post to reflect this error :wink:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well originally this game was to be more cel shaded and comic looking but it ended up being as it is now because the shadig never really worked right. Personally I've never been a big fan of the character models in co and would have loved a more realistic look like Sto has. I know it would be a huge undertaking but over all it would be well worth it to get some better art over all.
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Graphics? no.

Varied Animation and new voice talent? Yes.

How many times am I going to hear the Supreme Serpent in a different voice.

Hell, atleast get Sam Mowry back. His voice is so smooth and sinister at times.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    malvou wrote: »
    Graphics? no.

Varied Animation and new voice talent? Yes.

How many times am I going to hear the Supreme Serpent in a different voice.

Hell, atleast get Sam Mowry back. His voice is so smooth and sinister at times.

The voices need a review but the graphics still stand up well against newer games. I still rate Champions better looking than DC , TOR , and even TSW.

You just need to run it on a good rig. A no slowdown fully rendered Mega D is still the best looking MMO NPC foe anywhere .
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!