test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Slotted gear in mission rewards

elfringselfrings Posts: 53 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestions Box
Almost every time I'm given a choice of slotted gear as a mission reward, and I have a choice between more than one item which appears as though it would benefit my superstats, I wind up choosing one in which the superstat bonus which benefits me is a mod. The superstat bonus inherent in the item doesn't benefit me.
EXAMPLE SITUATION:
item descriptions in the reward selection window shows one has bonuses to DEX and INT, one has bonuses to DEX and PRE, and one has bonuses to STR and PRE. The character has DEX and STR as superstats but not PRE or INT. The first one listed is selected in the hopes that the INT bonus is a mod and can be replaced by an STR mod, but it turns out the item itself only boosts INT and the DEX boost is an attached mod.

SUGGESTION(S):
If a slotted item has a mod attached, please list the mods somewhere in the item description.
Or
Offer reward "packages" to select from instead, which includes the slotted gear without attachments and unattached mods, rather than rewarding with gear which already has mods attached. (So in the example above, rather than selecting a single item which appears to have an INT and DEX boost, I'd be selecting a package which includes an item with an INT boost and an unattached DEX mod.)
Or... (And/Or)
Give it some financial value by either not making them bind on acquire, or giving them a more reasonable market value. You should at LEAST get the market value for all components attached to the gear in addition to the value of the item itself. Instead, the market value doesn't change whether it has attachments or not.
`

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by elfrings on

Comments

• dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I definitely sign this. I have been burned more than once selecting a slotted piece of gear and finding out the stats I wanted are in the slots, and not in the gear, rather than the throw-away stat I don't want, or that the +% Offense / Defense / whatever is actually taking up a slot that I mean to put something else in.