test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sell C-store costume pieces individually

cordocacordoca Posts: 7 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Suggestions Box
More than once has happened to me that i hesitate on buying C-Store costume sets because there are some pieces i dont like or find useless for my characters.
Or the opposite, i only like one or two pieces from a whole set.

I suggest considering an option that allows to buy c-Store costume pieces individually.

I know that all sets dont have the same amount of parts, so dividing the costs would be complicated, and that there are more "pusihng" issues in the game right now.

but still, just that idea for consideration.
Post edited by cordoca on

Comments

• Options
    youganyougan Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i agree in a way, i can see that buying just one part can be the best choice but selling the whole set should still stay.
    choices are good so..../signed
  • Options
    stupendousmanxstupendousmanx Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    /signed. there have been many times where I wanted a pumpkin head piece but don't have enough CP for the whole set. This should definitely happen.

[SIGPIC]Too late![/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    liquilliquil Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree with the idea, i have that problem with the Harajuku set (only like 2-3 pieces in it)

And of course, for this idea to be an option (not removing the purchase of the complete set)
  • Options
    euthymiaeuthymia Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Nah. Sell them as sets, but at least sell the older sets for less... half price maybe.
  • Options
    adefesioadefesio Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Post edited by adefesio on
  • Options
    flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i like this idea aswell.

Sometimes i just like one 1 piece from a set (like the wired cyborg, i hate it all cept for some robot looking eye piece, the one used by some of the bureu 17 robots)

The trick should be that buying the "complete set" (425 Zen right now i think) should always be cheaper than buying it piece by piece (make each piece cost like 40-60 Zen depending on the amount of pieces the set has)

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd like to only buy individual pieces of those sets aswell,for example,there is only a few parts in the iron age set I want but do not want to buy all of them.
    /signed
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I respectfully disagree.

Pretty-much every costume set I've bought, I initially got only for one or two pieces, thinking I would never use the rest - yet, lo and behold, whether for a hero or their nemesis, there've been quite a few sets where I ended up utilizing parts from them that I never thought I would ever have a need to use.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    this is a very bad idea
    given cryptic's pricing of individual items in the past, how much do you think they will charge?
    how much are the individual pieces in the q store?
    sets are very economical, and their pricing is set.
    who do you think sets pricing in this game? i bet its PWE and if there's a new way of buying something, i bet they will determine the price.
    you think you will save money but you will end up spending more anyway
    leave it as it is
    further more this would influence the design of the pieces all would become flashy designs so every piece will sell
    but a good set has more subtle pieces to make it look better overall
    liquil wrote: »
    I agree with the idea, i have that problem with the Harajuku set (only like 2-3 pieces in it)

harajuku set has at least 10 items plus 2 emotes
    get your facts straight
    /signed. there have been many times where I wanted a pumpkin head piece but don't have enough CP for the whole set. This should definitely happen.
    good news for you pumpkin head is a drop from trick or treat bags
    flechus wrote: »
    i like this idea aswell.
    The trick should be that buying the "complete set" (425 Zen right now i think) should always be cheaper than buying it piece by piece (make each piece cost like 40-60 Zen depending on the amount of pieces the set has)
    how much do you think a party bomb is worth? 150 zen?
    how much is a 15 min limited shrinker worth? 350 zen?
    how much is a rank 1 to rank 2 catalyst worth? 600 zen?
    i doubt you would agree with the final pricing

the current price for sets is fine , quit being stingy
    for as many hours as you play its still a great deal
  • Options
    dagrekkdagrekk Posts: 19
    edited October 2012
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    harajuku set has at least 10 items plus 2 emotes
    get your facts straight

I don't think liquil was saying there are only 2-3 items in the set, but that in the whole set there are only 2-3 pieces that they actually want to use.

I'm on the fence with this, since there are a few costume packs which come with way too many pieces I'd never use, in particular the Variety set. I enjoyed COH's individual costume piece purchasing - whenever I bought a powerset/EAT I'd always have a little left over to spend on a few costume pieces. On the other hand, I'd think the Questionite exchange and being able to earn the costume pieces effectively for free would screw with things.
  • Options
    cptvanorcptvanor Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    this is a very bad idea

Something that is optional is seldom a bad idea. It can be, but normally isn't.
    given cryptic's pricing of individual items in the past, how much do you think they will charge?

Does it matter? As long as the person thinks the price is worth what they're getting, the price is fair. 50z for the 90's gloves may or may not be a fair price, depending on how badly you want those gloves and how much you want other bits in that set.

It would of naturally be cheaper to buy the set then all the bits. So most people would buy the set. But a lot of people would buy bits from the sets because they want the gloves, or mask. This would mean an overall increase in income Cryptic's way.
    who do you think sets pricing in this game? i bet its PWE and if there's a new way of buying something, i bet they will determine the price.

Just because PWE sets the prices doesn't mean anything really. If they set the price to high for a indvisual item no one will buy them. 250z for one item in a set wouldn't sell, 100 might, 50 would most likely.

If PWE wants to increase their profits, which they do. Then they'd set the prices to a point that they think would mean the most sales.
    the current price for sets is fine , quit being stingy

Clearly the current price for a set isn't fine, or else people wouldn't be wanting this. I know myself I've passed on a number of costume sets because there was only 1 or 2 items in it I wanted. If you figure 75z per item, I've of likely spent 1,000z on costume items I wanted. That's 1,000z they've lost out on.

It has nothing to do with people being stingy, it has everything to do with people not wanting to spend nearly $5 on 2 costume items.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    none of your counter points hold water for me.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    none of your counter points hold water for me.

That's nice, but also completely meaningless. Apparently you can't actually counter any of them so instead you're going to do the posting equivalent of plugging your ears then.

Not sure why you think taking options away from people is a good thing. I'd say you're entitled to your opinion, except in this case you're trying to force it on everyone else by preventing them getting something they want. At no cost to you.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    If they do this... make the single pieces bind-to-character, not bind-to-account.

Why?

Just to get you mad so I can laugh when you realize buying the whole bind-to-account set is cheaper.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Just to get you mad so I can laugh when you realize buying the whole bind-to-account set is cheaper.

And that has what to do with the request? Or are you simply spewing nonsense in this tread?

I don't think anyone is saying that buying a whole set, one piece at a time would be cheaper. But if I only want 1 or 2 items in the set, even if they sold them for as much as 75z per, that's still a better option then buying a full set and getting a dozen or more items I don't want.
  • Options
    flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If they do this... make the single pieces bind-to-character, not bind-to-account.

Why?

How about no

So we all can laugh at how mad such a simple "suggestion" makes you.

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    this is a very bad idea

It's basically 2700 Zen for ONE "Legacy" costume piece already! Because that's how much you need to pay for keys in order to get enough salvage to buy one kit. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    cptvanor wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is saying that buying a whole set, one piece at a time would be cheaper. But if I only want 1 or 2 items in the set, even if they sold them for as much as 75z per, that's still a better option then buying a full set and getting a dozen or more items I don't want.

You want individual pieces, you get them per-character, not per-account. That's the only possible way I could ever see this making sense.

Oh, wait, even then it doesn't. Nothing about this idea makes any sense. At all.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    every new idea that has been added since alerts has had horrible pricing. we dont hate your idea, we just know that if successful it will become the only option. effectively making us pay more zen for new sets
    examples of this pricing
    1. become celestial
    2. cyberpunk set
    3. become doomlord
    4. legacy costume unlock
    we fear the greed
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    You want individual pieces, you get them per-character, not per-account.

When was it ever said that they'd be per-character? You're the only one saying that, so I'm not sure why you're making a point out of it.

The only reason this idea doesn't make sense to you, is because you are either not reading the suggestion, or are being intentionally obtuse about it.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    i think he meant that would be the next step in the pricing
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    i think he meant that would be the next step in the pricing

And that statement is a leap of illogic of truly epic proportions.

There is nothing that would even remotely suggest such a thing. New costume sets are still account wide, and cost the same now as they always have.

So even if they were to release individual items, there is exactly zero reason to suspect that they'd make those character only items. Doing so would cause a massive uproar on the forms, and make sure that next to no one ever actually buys them.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    because no one buys the keys.........

you overestimate the power of a discontent forum voice
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    because no one buys the keys...

And that has what to do with this suggestion exactly? You can't simply pointing at stuff you don't like as a reason to not do something else, something that is completely unrelated.
    you overestimate the power of a discontent forum voice

No I do no such thing. I know that a uprising on the forms can and does change things. But mostly I know that if they offer something like costume pieces and make them character only, next to no one will bother buying them, and so they'll not see much increase in profit.

But based on your logic, we might as well pull the plug on CO right now, because if the chance that they might increase the prices, or make items less valuable by making them character only. Then any and every thing they might do from this point forward can result in that.

New content? No because we might have to start paying zen every time we level up.
    New costume sets? No they might jack up the price of all existing sets, and make them per character.
    New powers? No because they will start charging zen for every time we use one of those powers.

Everything I list above makes about as much sense as the other reasons not to do this.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    And that has what to do with this suggestion exactly? You can't simply pointing at stuff you don't like as a reason to not do something else, something that is completely unrelated.
    Doing so would cause a massive uproar on the forms, and make sure that next to no one ever actually buys them.
    this is what my statement is referring to, if you cant see that logic forgive me for not stating it more simply

people have big uproar on forums about keys. why do keys sell so well?

all content is optional, im sorry you can't have everything you want for your monthly stipend. i only spend $5-10 a month usually and already have every costume and travel power in the game available for zen or questionite.
    before the alert patch i had every costume in the game. there's always going to be something you want but cant have. for me it's sets not made yet. when you buy a set you do more than just buy a set you help keep this game running. there isn't enough costume sets or good pieces to keep generating revenue after people cherry pick the best parts.
    as a fellow lifetime you should want this game to continue. once everything goes cheap i worry, that's what corporations do before they liquidate

your suggestion isn't about new content it's just about you saving money
    you wont change your mind and you add subtext i never stated.
    let's just agree to disagree