test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Camarilla.

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Supergroup Recruitment Station
Camarilla

Camarilla - may be one of the finest vampiric sects known in the world. Giving order and law, and containing the vampires known none other than Kindred, in return, they must follow the Masquerade, a sect of rules commited to keeping the vampiric society secretive.

Info you should know:

There are several clans, deriving from three sects, The Camarilla, The Sabbat, and Anarch. Though it's not nesseccary to call Anarch's a sect, because they rather act upon freedom of the vampire society, than imprison them within rules like the Masquerade.

We're based upon Camarilla, which is obvious by now. We allow these clans:

Brujah, Ventrue, Assamite, Toreador, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Tzimisce, Tremere, Gangrel. There's far more, but other clans are rather too powerful and we need to balance it well enough.
Each bloodline has it's 3 disciplines, for example, Ventrue have 'Fortitude, Presence, Dominate'.
This way, a vampire can use specific powers, and now to show examples:
Fortitude is the power of defence, there's a few powers within Fortitude that costs blood, and you can freely use them, if you have the blood. (You can make sure that weapons that hit you may break.)
Presence is emotional manipulation, you can make your words seem interesting and reasonable to those who hear you, and so on.
Dominate is mental capability, control bodies, and so further on.

OOC INFO:

Anyone can join Cammy, even humans, working as assistants, however a human must drink blood from any of the vampires within Camarilla, to ensure loyalty.

Millenium city prince:
Daniel Royd LaNoir - an old Ventrue, that resides in his haven in the center of MC, in a tower, he has a sheriff which morphs into a red demon at times when needed to.
There's also a Primogen of our Camarilla, but of course, such info would be metagame, so find out about yourself.

We accept HEAVY roleplayers, or light, honestly best if you know alot of it. I'm a world of darkness expert, so if you need to set up a vampire character, don't hesitate to pm me, and I'll help you quite easily.

That's pretty much it lads, we have a few members already playing, hopefully we get more players joining our vampiric sect. Enjoy your roleplays.

I suppose I'll use this template aswell, apologies.
Name: The Camarilla
Category: Heavy RP.
Age Req: 17+
Vent / Teamspeak: I own a TS server.
Special Reqs: A human willing of drinking the vampire's blood, or a vampire itself.
Do you PvP? Sometimes, sometimes not.
Do you run 5mans / etc? No.
Personal Taboos: Zero tolerance for metagaming, powergaming, RP to win, asspulling, and Masquerade break.
Contact Info & Primary Timezone @name only please. & 3 Letter Timezone Code: Varies, GMT 2+ would be nice, anything is accepted however.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2012
    You realize, of course, that you have blatantly violated the Masquerade. The Sheriff will be with you shortly...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Nah, more likely the Hound....
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I don't get it, lol.

What exactly did you mean when you talked about the sheriff...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The Sheriff

More accurately, the Camarilla and all the Vampire subsets and clans don't really fit into the Champions Universe at all, and many players who do play Champions Online Vampires probably won't know what to make of you guys, what with your "fictional" background that conflicts with the games setting.

The whole 'World of Darkness' she-bang is a completely different setting with background elements largely incompatible with Champions Specific Vampire and undead background. The Masquerade is hopelessly broken in the Champions Setting, for example, at one point there was even a "Van Helsing Act" [Now repealed] that granted free-willed undead such as Vampires limited rights as American Citizens.

Maybe many won't care, but I know of at least a few who will, and I thought I'd helpfully bring it up so you are at least fore-warned.

Within a more enclosed guild that all agrees to pretend among themselves they are in an altered setting it could still certainly work, of course, but know that many other role-players you encounter might not take to being informed that they "shouldn't know about Vampires". It's hard not to know when we've faced and defeated Vladic Dracul himself, Champions Online's equivalent to the World of Darkness' Caine.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm fond of what a Sheriff is, no need for the wiki explanation.

However, yes, I'm sure alot of people here do not aknowledge World of Darkness nor RP by it, but it's honestly the best lore of vampirism to go by, why make your-own vampire with god-like possessed powers, turning into a huge bat and throwing fireballs, when you can organise and act accordingly as professional vampires.

Yes, the masquerade is broken, can't do anything about it, but we'll be trying to atleast make some of what REAL vampires are left in the game, I was sure that the whole idea would semi-work, because of the fitting.

I've made this guild to teach players basics and the advanced portions of WoD, maybe lunge them into the whole setting of WoD. I've already met a few players that are interested and have explained most of it to them. Thank you for your suggestions and further on, for the warning, I'll be able to handle things accordingly ingame, though might it be hard, it hasn't stopped me before.

Met lots of players with a stupid way of making vampires, though, it's just not logical at certain points, yet, of course, they have their freewill.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Well, best of luck to you, Sir!

o7
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Um... wrong game.

The WoD MMO is barely into the development stage.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I did have a character in the old WoD who might have fit into CO, if only there was some way for him to operate only at night... He was a Malkavian, who was convinced that the reason he'd been given the Embrace was so that he could be - A SUPERHERO! (cue pose) He insisted he be called the Night Watch (one word - it runs afoul of the censor here), and wore a tight black outfit with a red eye on the chest.

There was one small problem - he had a tendency to assign the death penalty for almost any infraction, including one memorable case of double-parking. He, ah, didn't last long.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    JonSills wrote:
    I did have a character in the old WoD who might have fit into CO, if only there was some way for him to operate only at night... He was a Malkavian, who was convinced that the reason he'd been given the Embrace was so that he could be - A SUPERHERO! (cue pose) He insisted he be called the Night Watch (one word - it runs afoul of the censor here), and wore a tight black outfit with a red eye on the chest.

There was one small problem - he had a tendency to assign the death penalty for almost any infraction, including one memorable case of double-parking. He, ah, didn't last long.

Why would your character need to operate at night only? WoD vampires are only weakened by sunlight, they don't eviscerate.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Why would your character need to operate at night only? WoD vampires are only weakened by sunlight, they don't eviscerate.

Wow 3rd edition and up sure changed things, then.

In my day, WoD vamps died. I mean, it took a little bit, but it was agg damage and it wasn't slow.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    TylerF wrote:
    Wow 3rd edition and up sure changed things, then.

In my day, WoD vamps died. I mean, it took a little bit, but it was agg damage and it wasn't slow.

Lots of vamps differ in WoD, back in the old WoD there were a few simple vamps.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hmm... Didn't Resilience allowed a vampire to endure sunlight, if it was high enough?
    I recall something similar in older WoD editions.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Lots of vamps differ in WoD, back in the old WoD there were a few simple vamps.

In V:tM, Sunlight was deadly no matter what clan you were. And reading your description and brushing up on the "Requiem" stuff, it looks like you're either doing Masquerade or some hybrid rules. On top of that, in order to stay awake during the day you need to overcome your beast, which isn't an easy test. That's just to stay awake, we're not talking about actually facing the sunlight. That's another test.

I wouldn't be nitpicky about it except your first post claims " I'm a world of darkness expert," and you're already showing problems with the basics.

This link concerns V:tR and the info on sunlight stuff seems to jibe with what I remember from V:tM.

If you're going to insist on basing your RP around those rules, you're going to have to expect people familiar with them to be coming to you about this stuff. In the many years I played, both tabletop and live action, the population of rules lawyers and histrionic drama queens were about 50/50 of the majority.

I'm not sure why you dance around the word Ghoul when mentioning the human servants. And the clan spread makes no sense under either ruleset. Tzimisce don't exist in Requiem, which tells me more clearly you're basing around Masquerade. They are most certainly not Camarilla vampires. Furthermore claiming any clan is "too powerful" when you've got the Tremere, who have an asspull ritual for pretty much anything is kind of amusing.

Sorry, but I used to be in this game over my eyeballs and while you peaked my interest at first I'm already seeing some stuff that makes me wonder if you know the source material as well as you claim.

I'm not going to even touch your Infenralist Sherrif.

Hmm... Didn't Resilience allowed a vampire to endure sunlight, if it was high enough?
    I recall something similar in older WoD editions.

Fortitude can help soak the damage, but between your beast wanting you to go to sleep, the instinctual fear of the sun, and the constant damage you'd be taking, it's not like you're walking around like Edward Cullen. Operating during the daylight is a thing done out of extreme necessity and requires high humanity and willpower beyond the Fortitude.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    TylerF wrote:
    In V:tM, Sunlight was deadly no matter what clan you were. And reading your description and brushing up on the "Requiem" stuff, it looks like you're either doing Masquerade or some hybrid rules. On top of that, in order to stay awake during the day you need to overcome your beast, which isn't an easy test. That's just to stay awake, we're not talking about actually facing the sunlight. That's another test.

I wouldn't be nitpicky about it except your first post claims " I'm a world of darkness expert," and you're already showing problems with the basics.

This link concerns V:tR and the info on sunlight stuff seems to jibe with what I remember from V:tM.

If you're going to insist on basing your RP around those rules, you're going to have to expect people familiar with them to be coming to you about this stuff. In the many years I played, both tabletop and live action, the population of rules lawyers and histrionic drama queens were about 50/50 of the majority.

I'm not sure why you dance around the word Ghoul when mentioning the human servants. And the clan spread makes no sense under either ruleset. Tzimisce don't exist in Requiem, which tells me more clearly you're basing around Masquerade. They are most certainly not Camarilla vampires. Furthermore claiming any clan is "too powerful" when you've got the Tremere, who have an asspull ritual for pretty much anything is kind of amusing.

Sorry, but I used to be in this game over my eyeballs and while you peaked my interest at first I'm already seeing some stuff that makes me wonder if you know the source material as well as you claim.

I'm not going to even touch your Infenralist Sherrif.

Fortitude can help soak the damage, but between your beast wanting you to go to sleep, the instinctual fear of the sun, and the constant damage you'd be taking, it's not like you're walking around like Edward Cullen. Operating during the daylight is a thing done out of extreme necessity and requires high humanity and willpower beyond the Fortitude.

i'm making major modifications obviously, Tzimisce shouldn even be here, it's not part of Camarilla.

I don't see however how your knowledge has anything to do with the games, the games are just a side-note for knowing things about WoD, the real stuff is in the books, I doubt you have books concerning WoD, I didn't however make this topic to argue who knows more about WoD, I know my region and I know that there's spin-offs here, you do not need to remind me of it.

I'll say this again, you're in no position to talk wether you know **** about WoD if you've only played games.
    Requiem obviously shows signs of sunlight damage, but I don't base this upon Requiem... I thought it was obvious enough.
    If you want to continue arguing, take it to messages or something, or ig, not really in a faulty mood to argue WoD stuff, as I've said before I'm modifying some parts, because RP'ing most of them don't fit in this universe,
    k.
    Oh, oh, and, Tremere are limited in this SG, to the very point that they're rather useless, of course they're powerful.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ah, yes, now I remember. I haven't touched my WoD handbooks for years.
    As for vampires, when new WoD came out I lost all my interest in this franchise. My favourite bloodline was Samedi, 2 of 3 my vampires were of this line, my other favourite supernaturals were mummies and both Samedi and mummies were axed from the new edition. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I don't see however how your knowledge has anything to do with the games, the games are just a side-note for knowing things about WoD, the real stuff is in the books...
    The books ARE the game - it's a tabletop RPG.

Vampire: the Requiem, pp. 15-16: "Sunlight Burns Vampires: Fact. As part of their curse, vampires recoil at the touch of the sun, its vital rays scorching their undead flesh. Vampires typically spend the daylight hours in the cold sleep of undeath, and only the most resolute can shake off the weight of the day's forced slumber for even a short time."

P. 172: "The Kindred fear sunlight even more than fire. After all, fire doesn't suffuse half the world, making half of each diurnal cycle deadly for vampires. Even the weakest sunlight presents danger. Sunlight filtered through a heavy curtain can still burn. Only the Resilience Discipline can protect a vampire from the daystar's rays, and then only against dim, faint exposure. Direct sunlight can sear even the mightiest Kindred to ash."

Page 173 goes on to present a table of the number of Health Points per turn lost to various intensities of sunlight, and possible adds for degree of exposure. It also notes that looking directly into sunlight will instantly blind a vampire, literally burning his retinas.

I can't look up the exact quotes from the old Vampire: the Masquerade book at the moment, because that one was lost in a move a few years back, but the gist of it was the same - there are a number of myths surrounding what can and can't harm a vampire, and sunlight is one of the true ones (unlike running water, or garlic - some members of Clan Giovanni actually prefer to feed their kine garlic before feeding from them, as it's the only way they can get the flavors any more).
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I completely misunderstood that, but doesn't remove the fact that games don't teach much.

Some time ago, few years I think, I've bought Redemption (the VIDEO game) and I was offered to buy the Masquerade book, it's rather huge, and costy, but it's worth it, mostly explaining stuff that happened within Cammy, Anarchs, Sabbat, Caine himself aswell, and Enoch. I still hold the book and look into it from time to time, it's like a treasure, I don't think this book is listed officially in their wiki, though.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Rune wrote:
    The Sheriff

More accurately, the Camarilla and all the Vampire subsets and clans don't really fit into the Champions Universe at all, and many players who do play Champions Online Vampires probably won't know what to make of you guys, what with your "fictional" background that conflicts with the games setting.

The whole 'World of Darkness' she-bang is a completely different setting with background elements largely incompatible with Champions Specific Vampire and undead background. The Masquerade is hopelessly broken in the Champions Setting, for example, at one point there was even a "Van Helsing Act" [Now repealed] that granted free-willed undead such as Vampires limited rights as American Citizens.

Maybe many won't care, but I know of at least a few who will, and I thought I'd helpfully bring it up so you are at least fore-warned.

Within a more enclosed guild that all agrees to pretend among themselves they are in an altered setting it could still certainly work, of course, but know that many other role-players you encounter might not take to being informed that they "shouldn't know about Vampires". It's hard not to know when we've faced and defeated Vladic Dracul himself, Champions Online's equivalent to the World of Darkness' Caine.

When the WoD MMO comes out. Im gonna make a superhero and enforce Champions Lore there.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    This has happened before, you know. There was a Camarilla group, which I was a part of. It wasn't bound by SG though, and accepted non-WoD vampires. We had some CO vamps as well as WoD ones and custom vamps too. The Masquerade was not enforced, it was up to each individual vampire whether they revealed their nature to others, the only rule pertaining to that was never to reveal others or the Prince without permission.

So it was sort of a mashup of various vampire lore without encroaching on others. The consensus was WoD vampires were essentially a different breed from CO vampires because of their root progenitor. Thus allowing the different lore and abilities to live together without clashing heavily.

I still have my malkavian, though I don't play her so much nowadays.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ah, yes, now I remember. I haven't touched my WoD handbooks for years.
    As for vampires, when new WoD came out I lost all my interest in this franchise. My favourite bloodline was Samedi, 2 of 3 my vampires were of this line, my other favourite supernaturals were mummies and both Samedi and mummies were axed from the new edition. :rolleyes:

Not sure about the Samedi these days, but Mummies came back in Promethean form as the Osirans.. and the in-Eaters of Geist have elements of that as well....
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Meh, it's not even close to the old immortals.
    What was great with old mummies was fact that these characters were alive for centuries and you could play through various periods in one campaign. Our one and only campaign started in the times of Assirian conquest of Egypt, lasted through Greco-Persian wars and finally ended in the modern times. And its recurring villain was even older, being a Sumerian immortal born in the times of last Sumerian kingdoms. A lot of mithology and history to exploring.
    While classic WoD was certainly exaggerated, its next incarnations is pretty boring, at least in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    *double post*
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Rune wrote:
    ...Champions Online's equivalent to the World of Darkness' Caine.
    You called? :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Meh, it's not even close to the old immortals.
    What was great with old mummies was fact that these characters were alive for centuries and you could play through various periods in one campaign. Our one and only campaign started in the times of Assirian conquest of Egypt, lasted through Greco-Persian wars and finally ended in the modern times. And its recurring villain was even older, being a Sumerian immortal born in the times of last Sumerian kingdoms. A lot of mithology and history to exploring.
    While classic WoD was certainly exaggerated, its next incarnations is pretty boring, at least in my opinion.

Oh! I forgot Purified.. remember when yo usaid "Immortals".. heh.. they're probably close as you'll get...

Not to get into it here but I prefer NWoD overall.. there are a few things I prefer OWoD for.. though they gave me back my Malkavians and so I can't argue to loudly there..
  • Options
    killercrock95killercrock95 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is the sg still recruiting?
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is the sg still recruiting?

You necroed a super old guild thread, when you might be better served using the In-game Global handle of it's leader and sending them an In-game email or PM, or combination of both to find out if this is still around.

It's my guess that it is likely not.