test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Prometheus Union (Mutant based RPSG)

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Supergroup Recruitment Station
In-Character Introduction:

The Prometheus Union is a mutant based supergroup that was established in the summer of 2010 when people of different backgrounds received letters that were sent by a mysterious person who happened to know specific information about their origins. Each of these people seemed to share one thing in common: they possessed special abilities. Most people would refer these individuals as mutants since most of them received their abilities at birth or later in life through puberty. The letters they received instructed them to meet. Though, some were reluctant to go, they found this meeting to be some sort of calling to do something greater. Others had argued that the entire thing was a trap, considering this unknown person knew information about them and wanted to gather them all in one place. After a lengthy discussion on how to proceed from there, the group made Serenade the group leader and dubbed their band of heroes as the Prometheus Union.

While some were adjusting to being part of a team, others had already been working on their superhero career. However, soon enough, the group found themselves (along with other people of the meta community) a new enemy: the unknown terrorist group dubbed as the “Xeno-terrorists.” These terrorists ran a small squad that went around Millennium City targeting anybody that was not a pureblood human. An introduction of a new virus was brought in by the Xeno-terrorists that was used to shut down a meta’s abilities and return them to “normal.” The virus was able to be reversed and the squad had eventually been eliminated by the heroes…or so they thought.

A year had passed and the Union, as well as the meta community, saw the return of the Xeno-terrorists. This time, however, they returned with a much larger force. Their weapons, their numbers, their bravery had all become greater than before. This new wave of terrorists introduced the “cyborg squads,” groups of terrorists that were actually machines while appearing to be human. This also introduced the new weaponry that was designed to take on the meta community. These weapons were specially made to target a meta’s abilities and shut them down temporarily while causing excruciating pain to the target. The Union fought back along with several of their allies. However…The Union eventually saw a new weapon: the “Meta Hunter.” This prototype was a large robot that was over 8 meters (About 25 feet) in height. The group was able to dismantle the machine, but they knew the terrorists would send more. However…that day is unknown as the organization had gone quiet…waiting to pick the right moment to strike again.

What your character might know about the Prometheus Union:

The PU started out being rather underground, so not many people knew about it. After its first year of activity however, the PU began gaining a reputation by owning a safe haven for mutants and extraterrestrials. The “Xeno-terrorists” targeted many of these groups and the PU took people in that required homes and security. The PU owns an apartment complex in Downtown Millennium City that has been converted into a high-tech security tower where some of the group members also live, along with the refugees.

Your character might know that…It was rumored that there has been a group keeping watch over those being targeted by groups such as the Xeno-terrorists, or even more known: the IHA (Institute of Human Advancement). While the IHA is relatively harmless due to it being a political group, it is still a very dangerous organization as the group is very much against mutant kind (most believe the IHA is behind a lot of anti-mutant situations). Your character might be interested in helping the people being affected by the anti-mutant groups and wish to join the Union in the fight against the Xeno-terrorists.

Out-of-Character information:

I. What the Prometheus Union is about (Theme/Concept):

The Prometheus Union is a supergroup inspired by the X-Men. The Union focuses on creating a sort of “family” aspect for the group that focuses on the development between characters while also maintaining focus on several overarching stories that have been developed for the group. The stories provided for the group are not the only stories being focused on. The Union wishes to focus on character specific storylines to help people focus on character development, both for their own characters and between others. While the group focuses on “mutant” (natural born or mutated) based characters, it welcomes characters of other origins such as science based (experimental and the like), extraterrestrials, and supernaturals.

II. What the Prometheus Union has to offer:

The Prometheus Union offers players the opportunity to take part in group oriented roleplay as well as the benefit of teaming with others to do missions, lairs, and alerts. We want to push PVE gameplay as much as we want to offer roleplay opportunities for members so fun can be had across the board. Roleplay events including both storyline and social will be provided as often as possible for group members. We also offer the opportunity for everyone to introduce their story ideas so others of the Union may participate in their storyline.

III. Website, Wiki & Channel info:

The Prometheus Union may be found over at its updated website here.

The application to join the Prometheus Union may also be found on our website under the "Applications" section of the U.M.F. forums.

You may also view additional information about the Prometheus Union on its PRIMUS Database entry.

The Union also has its own in-game channel for members and soon to be members to join. Those who are looking to apply may also join the channel, but they will have to remain out-of-character as the Union's channel is in-character.

To join, please type in /channel_join "Prometheus Union"

IV. Recruitment:

The recruiting process has several stages to it. The first part of the recruiting process is the Roleplay Stage. People will be required to partake in roleplay with the current members of the Prometheus Union before being considered for recruitment. This allows the players to get to know your character as well as your roleplay style and test your knowledge as a roleplayer. Once a character/player passes the Roleplay Stage, they may submit an application that details information about their character while also answering a few questions about the player. Some information on the application may be used in-character as part of the recruiting process when members of the Union are interested in bringing your character into the Union.

The application may be found here: http://theumf.shivtr.com/vb_threads/1129600

V. Alternate Character Policy:

Players will be allowed three characters within the Prometheus Union. The recruiting process applies to each character, which means each character you wish to get into the Union must follow the Roleplay and Application stages of the recruiting process. While you are not expected to play only these characters, the limit is set to three to allow character growth for Union characters while having enough room to keep a few alts. It’s understood that players enjoy playing multiple characters, but the policy is to help keep focus on the story of Union characters as well as the overall story of the group. Characters that were previously in the Prometheus Union prior to this policy will not be affected by the new policy.

VI. Contacts for Recruitment:

Recruiters reserve the right to deny any person(s) for the recruitment process.

VII. Related RP Stories:

The Union's main story directory with additional short story entries:
http://championsonlineroleplayers.shivtr.com/vb_threads/846607
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
    VIII. What we are looking for:
    • Original Characters. An important aspect that we’re looking for. We are looking for characters with some originality. We do not want to see straight up rip offs of characters from the Marvel or DC universes. Homages may be fine, but they must be different enough from the character it is based off of to be original.
    • Team Dynamic. The Prometheus Union is looking for characters that will be able to add to the team dynamic of the group. The group has an unknown enemy on their tail and working together as a team will improve the group’s survival against the “Xeno-terrorists.” These anti-meta terrorists have advanced technology and powerful weapons that may cause severe harm to anyone that goes toe to toe with them solo.
    • Characters of various origins. While the group is primarily mutant focused, the group seeks out those of other meta origins. Those who have been affected by some sort of science experiment and those who have ventured from another planet are welcomed to join the ranks of the Prometheus Union.
    • Characters with varying skill sets. From healers to bricks, from scientists to magic users, the Prometheus Union provides a safe haven for any sort of hero. The Union is a team and it needs to utilize everyone’s special abilities to its fullest potential.
    • Respect. We are looking for players that will respect one another. We don’t want OOC drama between members and want to keep the Prometheus Union a fun place for everyone.
    • Game Masters. The Prometheus Union loves RP! We are looking for people that will help run events and storylines for its members as well as people looking to throw social events.
    • Knowledgeable Roleplayers. The Union is seeking those who have had some experience in roleplay. While we may allow people that are new to RP, we are more inclined to invite people with some experience in roleplaying, may it be from other MMOs or from PnP games.

IX. What we aren’t looking for:
    • Hand wavers. While the group is seeking characters with varying abilities, we do not want characters that are too powerful. Drama is key to roleplay and having characters that can simply do anything and write off anything as an easy solution takes that drama away from a scene. We want people that have specific skill sets (such as healers) to have a role within the supergroup.
    • God Moders. We are definitely trying to avoid people that may god mod. As mentioned before, we are seeking people that have some experience in roleplay. We do not want to see players cheapening the roleplay experience by having their character be instantly awesome.
    • Characters that are murderers or mercenaries. The Prometheus Union is slowly gaining a reputation in the meta community and having people that provide violent alternatives to heroing would not be accepted into the Union. It would provide a negative image for the metas within the Union and give favor to anti-mutant groups such as the Institute of Human Advancement.
    • Characters that are demons, vampires, werewolves, or gods. There are certain characters that qualify as candidates for the Union, but however do not fit the theme. Supernatural themes are on a fine line of being considered meta while not necessarily meeting the criteria. Straight up demons and vampires will most likely not be welcomed into the Union for fear of them turning on its members. Werewolves are a special case but those who do not have control over their transformations will not be considered for recruitment. Most importantly, characters that are considered to be "gods" will not be allowed to join the Union as they do not fit the theme for the group.
    • Characters that join and are never seen again. While we know players enjoy having multiple characters, we want to see the characters in the Prometheus Union more often so people may start up relationships between their characters. The Union provides its own channel, so players should use it to keep in touch!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    AND LINK SAVED! I'll be on tomorrow and apply then on CO. As it's 3 AM here, all I can offer is a brief bio and a screen shot.

screenshot2012051122390.jpg

Terrova is a mutant with little experience with his powers. The suit he wears grants him super strength, but it's worn because without it, he becomes a formless pool of lava.

With that, good night all!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    WeasleX wrote:
    AND LINK SAVED! I'll be on tomorrow and apply then on CO. As it's 3 AM here, all I can offer is a brief bio and a screen shot.

screenshot2012051122390.jpg

Terrova is a mutant with little experience with his powers. The suit he wears grants him super strength, but it's worn because without it, he becomes a formless pool of lava.

With that, good night all!

That's a pretty nifty concept right there!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Okay, I'm interested but I do have a question about activity times. Right now I'm stuck at work during what people usually consider peak activity times. My usual play times are after 12:30 am CT. How's the group activity during those times?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Matikz wrote:
    Okay, I'm interested but I do have a question about activity times. Right now I'm stuck at work during what people usually consider peak activity times. My usual play times are after 12:30 am CT. How's the group activity during those times?

The group is rebuilding again, but it's most likely going to be active around 6-7PM ST(PST) and later. I'm personally on pretty late.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Reldin wrote:
    The group is rebuilding again, but it's most likely going to be active around 6-7PM ST(PST) and later. I'm personally on pretty late.

Okay, not to weed through my characters and see who would fit aside from about half of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I will try my best to get in contact with you tonight, but I'll understand if your busy. I've got a few more groups that I need to seek out before I go online tonight... if I go online tonight, I might have work in the morning... (long story, not relevant and I'm babbling... nice...)

I will say, this Group is at the top of my list, so please, let me know if your interested in an interview or I'll whisper chat you out online. Chat handle is @WeasleX and a link to my personal bio is below, no, don't worry if you don't want to read all of it, it's quite a bit long.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=147374
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    WeasleX wrote:
    I will try my best to get in contact with you tonight, but I'll understand if your busy. I've got a few more groups that I need to seek out before I go online tonight... if I go online tonight, I might have work in the morning... (long story, not relevant and I'm babbling... nice...)

I will say, this Group is at the top of my list, so please, let me know if your interested in an interview or I'll whisper chat you out online. Chat handle is @WeasleX and a link to my personal bio is below, no, don't worry if you don't want to read all of it, it's quite a bit long.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=147374

I took a look over your post, it's very well put together!

If you're still interested, I'll go ahead and send you a global friend invite. Be on the look out for @Reldin on your friend list. I'm always online via pidgin (chat interface that lets me log into CO chat) so we can talk whenever. We're trying to push more IC interaction before recruitment, so we can set up a little meet and greet for some RP. There's also a social event where I will be bringing my PU character Azunai if you would like to attend.

It will be this Wednesday at 6 PM server time (which is PST).
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Whisper, Knox, and Atrix have joined the ranks of the Prometheus Union!
  • Options
    carbonoxcarbonox Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've already written you via pm ingame, just want to know if you still recruit new members.:smile: