Options

Free From Build (PVP) - Advice

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Power Discussion
Super Stats
Dexterity
Presence

Talents
Matter Manipulator (12 con/12 ego/5 else)
Enduring (8 con)
Indomitable (8 ego)
Ascetic (5 con/5 ego)
Shooter (5 dex/5 ego)
Acrobat (5 con/5 dex)
Shrug It Off (5 con/5 pres)

Powers ( so far )
Steady Shot
Assault Rifle
Killer Instinct
Shadow Form
Ebon Void
Vicious Cyclone
Supernatural Power
Devour Essence
Crippling Coils
Lock N Load

Let me know what you think -- I almost want to go force bolts for an energy builder so I can have the shield buff...
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2011
    MiloShim wrote:
    Super Stats
    Dexterity
    Presence

Talents
    Matter Manipulator (12 con/12 ego/5 else)
    Enduring (8 con)
    Indomitable (8 ego)
    Ascetic (5 con/5 ego)
    Shooter (5 dex/5 ego)
    Acrobat (5 con/5 dex)
    Shrug It Off (5 con/5 pres)

Powers ( so far )
    Steady Shot
    Assault Rifle
    Killer Instinct
    Shadow Form
    Ebon Void
    Vicious Cyclone
    Supernatural Power
    Devour Essence
    Crippling Coils
    Lock N Load

Let me know what you think -- I almost want to go force bolts for an energy builder so I can have the shield buff...

Well, you can't take two energy unlocks in the same build (Killer Instincts and Supernatural Power). Also, Shadow Form doesn't boost any of your attacks since they are Toxic and Piercing damage and Shadow boosts Paranormal.

I recommend you go to the link in my sig and look at the PvP guides (the PvE ones two - check out the Framework Summaries guide). You're sort of all over the place and you really need to focus on boosting a specific damage type in order to do well with PvP.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Also, Assault Rifle kinda sucks in PvP. Any typical opponent you'll be fighting will have the means to reduce all of your Assault Rifle damage to 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 CRIT 2 1 1 1. Blame Invuln and IDF.

Go with Pulse Beam Rifle or a different attack altogether.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    If you're set on devour essence, offensive- go ice form. Boosts your tox damage, procs chill. Is nice. Keep in mind that most devour essence builds pretty much just use devour essence, and things that buff devour essence, and control that lets you eat faces longer.

Does your concept require the pistols? If not, I also highly recommend using thermal reverb/flashfire and fire snake in there somewhere. You'll never want for energy.

You'll want one of the melee toggles. If you're going defensive with like...evasive/elusive monk/invuln/bcr, go master. Otherwise, tempest.

Don't sweat the force bolts shield proc. It's not that great. IDF'll do you just as well, and it's always on.

I really don't want to keep going without knowing anything about your concept. If you have one, that is.