test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Demonflame: Demon key stuck

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Gameplay Bugs
The muse of lethargy and despair.
Demon key stop following after the first "boss" and there is no way to make him move.
It's the third time in a row that it happens.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Confirmed to happen as well on my side, though it's random, sometimes he doesn't follow, sometimes, he completely vanishes, sometimes, he follows without troubles.

Still annoying, please take a look at this, devs.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    He often gets stuck in the geometry too.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    tjwYO.jpg

I've been having alot of fun since reupping my account, this is the first downer I've ran into. He doesn't seem to want to move from there, and i dont see any way to complete the mission. Chamber of the muse of lethargy and despair.

need a /unsticktarget command for friendly npcs
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thanks. Looking into getting a fix out soon!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    EberKain wrote:
    tjwYO.jpg

I've been having alot of fun since reupping my account, this is the first downer I've ran into. He doesn't seem to want to move from there, and i dont see any way to complete the mission. Chamber of the muse of lethargy and despair.

need a /unsticktarget command for friendly npcs

Had this exact sticking point this weekend. Had to re-do the tower the following day, but then he followed without interruption.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Flippy wrote:
    The muse of lethargy and despair.

I haven't run Demonflame in a while so I can't speak to your problem, but I find it apropos that the Demon Key (Lord of the Whine) decides to poop out there.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    A year later and this still isn't fixed.
  • Options
    ginonovantaginonovanta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    in fact it happened to me a few minutes ago!Veeeery good cryptic!
  • Options
    coulmusiccoulmusic Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    so has anyone beat the UNTIL mission with the Demon Key without it getting stuck? That mission is too long to forget or have to start over
  • Options
    drewborrowdaledrewborrowdale Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well i got the the part with the queen lady person avatar thing.

killed the Fool Jacks

and turned to free it but demon key was nowhere near by, he was in the corridor trying his hardest to push his face through the wall :/

i sent a request to the GMs to help free him

so far, nothing.
  • Options
    laiilaii Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Had EXACTLY the same problem there (chambers of the queen beyond the pale). The Demon Key was stuck in the wall.

Solution to this is to bring Jack Fool to him (right INTO him so he attacts) and let him die.

He will respawn in the room as you deal with Jack.

Good luck!
  • Options
    synsensynsen Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey for all of you that have trouble with the Demon Key Glitch, just use your SOCRATES icon, "exit Current Map" and bam takes you outside by Witchcraft, it takes you to the beginning of whatever part he got glitched on, you will, however, need to run through the map again, vs. whomever, my Gf and I were on the Queen beyond the Pale part, took us to the start of it again, but hey, it's better than restarting the WHOLE thing over. He didn't glitch thereafter. So, I hope it works!

@metalphantom - Over and Out!
  • Options
    piquremyselfpiquremyself Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well i got the the part with the queen lady person avatar thing.

killed the Fool Jacks

and turned to free it but demon key was nowhere near by, he was in the corridor trying his hardest to push his face through the wall :/

i sent a request to the GMs to help free him

so far, nothing.

January 2013, still not fixed, boy do I miss City of Heroes.....
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Because there are no in-game (or out-game...) GMs in CO, like there was in CoH. And it's way older bug than year 2012. Don't hold your breath.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    knightwolf001knightwolf001 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi guys, Wolf knight here! Just want to tell you that yesterday i've found a way to solve this kind of problem concerning the demon key thing! All you need is Roin' Esh and tough monsters on the map, e.g: While i was facing Jack the Fool, the Demon Key unexpectedly stuck in a corner of the room! How to solve that?

Well with time, in this game you learn some tricks while soloing and all I had to do was to draw the attention of Jack while staying near The Demon Key, then all you had to do is to use Roin' Esh, then Jack seeing no one to attack apart Demon Key will force him to attack and kill him. Then, when he will reappear, he will no more be stuck. So all you have to do in such situation is to draw the attention of a monster on the demon key to... unbug him, et voila. However, there are other circumstances where we really need to have some commands to give to demon key like: Assist, Follow, stay, passive, attack, just like a pet! hope this help for a part of the problem.
  • Options
    abluerushabluerush Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    ...and still happening, twice in a row. I have a ticket out for GM help.
    Edit: An hour, no reply from gm. This is ridiculous. This bug has been around from 2011.
    Edit 2: Logged off, couldn't wait anymore. I thought back to the last time I asked the GM for help for a mission not completing nor letting me exit. They told me how to exit, not on how they could fix it.
    Post edited by abluerush on
  • Options
    xth3m4nxth3m4n Posts: 1 New User
    Yeah still happening
  • Options
    tacredlinetacredline Posts: 25 Arc User
    STILL HAPPENING.