Dragons

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
what dragon are in champions pen and paper
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Good question and are they four legged or the ones got on co? ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Since you can create in the pen and paper game any dragon you want the answer is any dragon you wish.

Tonal
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Tonal wrote:
    Since you can create in the pen and paper game any dragon you want the answer is any dragon you wish.

Tonal

I think he's asking for established Dragon's already found in the lore, rather than whether you can play as one. I don't play the PnP so I have no idea myself.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think he's asking for established Dragon's already found in the lore, rather than whether you can play as one. I don't play the PnP so I have no idea myself.

yes in lore
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well... isn't, like, the personification of all human evil THE Dragon, or something along those lines? I think remember reading something along those lines in The Mystic World, before I accidentally deleted it.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yes THE dragon is the personification of evil and does look like a dragon. But as far as i know there arent any fantasy type dragons in game that im aware of. I think what you may need to look for is a book called *the turakian age* or something like that. Its an expansion for pnp game that details the age before the dinosaurs where takofanes hails from.

Most likely in that book dragons would be detailed as its a *conan-esque* type of setting with wizards and spells and such.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    While there were mighty dragons alive on Champions Earth in past eras, as the level of ambient magic declined in the world, they and other supernatural creatures who couldn't survive in those conditions retreated to the dimension of Faerie, also known as "The Land of Legends." As magic rose again in the modern era, it became possible for such creatures to come to Earth again.

One very powerful dragon is active in the present-day CU, although very few people know she's a dragon. Brangomar, The Shadow Queen, is considered one of the "master villains" of the setting, and is fully written up in Champions Villains Vol. 1. She rules a kingdom in Faerie called "the Shadow Realm," and has bedeviled Earthly heroes on several occasions. Brangomar spends most of her time in the shape of a beautiful human-seeming woman, the better to interact with her subjects and enjoy the comforts of her palace. In this form she's also a potent sorceress.

If you've ever seen the classic Disney animated film Sleeping Beauty, the Shadow Queen is very similar to the evil fairy Maleficent in style, attitude, and power, and was clearly inspired by her.