test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Ultimate Guardians (Heavy/Medium RP SG)

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Supergroup Recruitment Station
The Ultimate Guardians are looking for new recruits.

Feel free to look us up:

Name: The Ultimate Guardians
Website: http://www.shadaree.dk/ultimateguardians/portal.php
Universal Chat Channel (ask for invite): UltimateGuardians

SG Category: Medium-Heavy Roleplay. We like to stay IC as much as possible, though there are no restrictions on OOC conversation as long as it is contained within parenthesis. ((Like so))

Minimum Age Req: No age requirement, we just ask for maturity and a good attitude.

Special Reqs: We are a group of modern heroes living in a modern world that is not always black and white. However, we try to stay away from overtly violent or darker character concepts as The Ultimate Guardians are always in the public eye and we do not want our heroes endorsing unlawful behavior with their “justice.”

Do you PvP? We have many people who are dedicated to finding the best builds for the best performance in PvP. Ask for our PvP guys and you are sure to find someone.

Do you run 5mans / Nemcons / etc? Yes, and almost all of these are run IC unless otherwise stated.

Personal Taboos: We just ask to be respectful of all of your SG mates. IC, as stated before, no murderous rampages against criminals. Do this and any who join are sure to enjoy their time with us.

Additional SG info: We are simply a group dedicated to providing the best possible environment for any person to play out their heroic character’s story. We are a large group from many time zones, so you are sure to find many friends with us. We are a simple group that likes to have fun. If interested, drop by the site, and put up an app for the character you would like to join us with in the General Applications section of our forums. If there are any more questions, don't hesitate to ask an Ultimate Guardian.

Highlights:
We have SG-wide story arcs and open-missions (Link)
We have an established ranking system (Link)
We also accept alliances with like-minded SGs. (Sign up on the forum or contact one of the staff members)

Here's a little video from one of our Weekly Combat Training events, have fun watching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0CJ6XNSO6E
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Sounds good to me. I'll contact you in game when I'm next online.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Just throwing up our current active Staff list - so that anyone interested in joining The Ultimate Guardians knows who to contact for more information!

Agent Heather@ujjjezebel
    Friendly Fire@Geisha-Deconstruct
    Orion Prime@me_less
    Tessi Midoree@TeslarShadaree
    Nocran@Nocran
    Real Soviet Damage@Sekimen
    Spectra@Nykyha
    Sprocket@Lacewings
    Alexxia Moon@MasterKenneth
    Atomic Red@Xerxe

EDIT: Updated to reflect staff changes
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    What are your feelings about alts?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Brodiewan wrote:

*runs to the Guardians forums, steals some text and runs back*

Voila! Our Alt policy!

• You are allowed one MAIN character until you achieve full Guardian status.
    • Once your MAIN reaches full Guardian status (no longer a recruit) you are allowed to apply with one ALT. The ALT is subject to the same application process as your MAIN went through and must be accepted in the same way as your MAIN.
    • Once both your MAIN and your ALT reaches 40, or have been active in the group for two months, you will be allowed to apply with another ALT. Again, normal application processes apply. Once that ALT reaches 40, or has been active two months you may apply with another if you wish.
    • All alts are subject to the inactivity policy. If inactive for an inordinate amount of time, they will be removed from the group.

One thing to note is that because we use a Global channel, rather than SG chat - even when playing a non-Guardians alt, seeing who is about and keeping in touch is really easy. :)

EDIT: Updated to reflect a recent change to our Alt Policy
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Brodiewan wrote:

But if your asking about having a main in one SG and then joining with and alt in our Sg, we don't really have rules for it, so basically we don't have a problem with it.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hi All

I'm an old pen and paper Champions paper from the days before online games like this were thought of. I'd like to get involved in some not too heavy rp gameplay--I was always combat based Champions player really, and this SG sounds good. At the moment I'm still sussing the game out so at the moment I'm just saying hello and that I'm interested. Good to be here and i look forward to meeting you on the streets!

Sten
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for dropping a note. Feel free to ping me if want company while in game. Membership not required for the offer :)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Will do Me_less--thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    How many members do the Ultimate Guardians currently have?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think our current roster is around 100. We drop inactive toons to lessen inflated numbers.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    My character Flashpoint is in need of a SG, I'll be on for the next hour or so @Brodiewan
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Brodiewan wrote:
    My character Flashpoint is in need of a SG, I'll be on for the next hour or so @Brodiewan

Sorry we keep missing you. I don't normally check this thread before logging in. Feel free to visit our website or do a search in game to see who is on.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    well, ive made an application, and ive been talking with an officer's alt off and on all day.

PM me in-game Invicta@theelizinator =3
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    sounds good! i'm interested in joining.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Just hop on by our website if you haven't already. Looking forward to seeing you in game!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Always happy to read new applications
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    My name is Real Soviet Damage and I approve of this Super Group.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Can only agree with our mascot :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    BUmp for a great group! I put my alt in with these peeps and it's been fun already.

Harken says hi!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Feel free to stop by our forum and look
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hey, just applied on your site with my Super Speedster "Pulse"
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Come on don't be shy, we're always looking for new members to join :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    ~Edit~
    None of what was said here is valid anymore.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Real Soviet Bump! Recruitment is open.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Looks like a really great group, but why do so many RP groups think a hero will just walk through a door and fill out an application..."Yeah, so my real name is Jim Peters. Here's all the details of my personal life and weaknesses. What? I'm not in? Okay thanks."

It just makes no sense from a RP standpoint and yet so many groups run that way. Oh well...that's my in character side talking.
    :D

Does look like one of the better groups though. Kudos.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the kind words. :)

In regards to your comment though...
    From an IC point of view, what you're saying makes sense. In "real life", the hero would probably be approached by the group after s/he has proven themselves to the public. HOWEVER, in practical game terms, the recruitment staff isn't going to be hanging about Millennium City (or throughout the world) just watching heroes and seeing if they "fit" the group and their values. And that's assuming you know that they RP. :P

In other words, we just bend RP reality to fit real game constraints. The forum RP we use (and many others use) is just a fun way of making sure that the hero and the SG fit together. In fact, one often has to adjust MMO game realities to fit a role played environment. I hope that makes sense. :p
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I want to thank the Ultimate Guardians for their amazing welcome. These darlings really know how to get new members involved in the roleplay and events.

Top class SG and I'm happy to have found a home for dear Tremere harken.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'd love to join. I just added my gadgeteer/pet "Claude F. Tanner" to your website. I know I'm a tad late, but I'd really appreciate you at least considering me.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Recruitment is closed down for a while to get our new member integrated into the SG right, sorry for the inconvenience, you can still add applications but we will first go through them again when we reopen recruitment.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Recruitment is open again and we have moved to a new location http://www.shadaree.dk/ultimateguardians
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Just swinging by to give the Ultimate Guardians a friendly bump on behalf of the crew of the Sentinel Squadron.

-Adversary89
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    just a little cute bump
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    hi, well i posted an application and i was wondering, can i go ahead and start rping if you all let me or will my character be void until the application is accepted? I admit my application isnt the best aha but it's kinda new to me... im use to just makin bios but yea.... soo... thats the question.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Real Soviet Bump!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Just a friendly bump, and a huge thank you for the group invitation to your summer social!

We might not have had a huge turn out from my guild due to short notice and my groups eclectic play times, but those of us that joined all had an absolutely wonderful time!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    We are still active and well this is just a bump :P
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Sounds interesting, I'll contact you next time I'm online...
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Hello there Ultimate Guardians,

I want to apply to your SG, because I think, for my task on this planet I could use some really good help. The millenias in hypersleep weakend my powers and its like learning everything anew.

Perhaps you are the guys, that will get me on the right track again, and could stand by my side, when it comes to the final confrontation with the alien Marlaks...

Hope to hear from you

Zavrian

((@Flammenseele))
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    We will be temporarily closing recruitment from Monday 15th of August in order to let our newest members settle in and find their feet within the group.

Any applications posted from Monday will not be looked at until recruitment re-opens, but anyone who does wish to apply - please feel free to post if you are interested in joining us, so that we know you are.

Apologies for the inconvenience!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I did have one question, do you have a vent or voice chat channel?

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I know the lead time is a bit low, we had to internally revise our original date for this, but;
    The Young Sentinels branch of the Silver Age Sentinels will be hosting a Teens Only 'End of Summer Beach Party' on Saturday, August 20th, beginning at 2 server time.
    [Actual location; Sakura Park under the bridge by the lake, as Monster Island is too level gated for easy access]

Teen Characters in secret ID and swimsuit attire are invited from Guardians Academy, as well as other selected Teen themed organizations. There will be food, a DJ, adult supervision [Boo!] and even a Swimsuit themed Costume Contest with multiple categories.

===========================================

This is intended to be a light-hearted, no-drama event, but Teen Rivalries are encouraged for RP fun in the sun! In order to keep to the theme of the event, only teens in what passes for their 'normal' identity are invited.

A few adult heroes may request to attend in secret ID as Chaperones if that player has no teen alt but still wishes to attend, most appropriate for Mentors and Teacher player Characters. We will have Chaperone players officially there.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I'll pass this on to our students! Thanks Rune!

Edit::
    Cannuck wrote:
    I did have one question, do you have a vent or voice chat channel?

Thanks.

Just read over your app on our site. Thanks for applying! We don't have one currently, but it is something the staff are currently discussing. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Here is the link to our Forum post.

And our event Poster!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Hi!

Rune already posted the link to the full details, but the key points we updated to make it more inclusive are...
    • College age and younger is the age range, not just teens.
    • The event is open to characters with a Public ID along with those with a Secret ID.
    So put on your swimsuit or beach attire and plan on having a good time!

- Peace -
    quasi-offical party planner for the Silver Age Sentinels and associated SGs
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Oh cool! I will let folk know!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Here's a little video from one of our Weekly Combat Training events, have fun watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0CJ6XNSO6E

*happy dance* XD
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I'd like to thank the Ultimate Guardians teens that came by, we all had a wonderful time and there were a lot of neat character interactions too, also, dancing and a costume contest!

Mister and Miss Teen Millennium City!

You guys helped to make this a wonderful success, thank you for joining in!
    :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Ultimate Guardians will reopen recruitment Monday the 29/08, all the new recruits have settled in now :)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    So um do you have room for a free form Green Lantern... me :D
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Well you could try apply on our forum :)