test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Der Totenkopf?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Champions Pen and Paper RPG
I know that this is a rather obscure question, but what exactly happened with Der Totenkopf following World War 2 in the Champions Universe?

From those who don't know what I'm talking about, Der Totenkopf was a powerful mystic working for the Nazi and one of the many sorcerers responsible for the current state of superhumans in the world.

If I'm not mistaken, he was still around back when Albert Zerstoiten was working under the Nazi regime, but there doesn't seem to be much information as to what happened to him after that.

Did he just get killed during the war by one of the non-powered heroes helping the Allies?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2010
    From what I read I thought magic was just this thing that came and went unpredictably in the CU, and when it leaves, super heroes stopped working, impossible technology like shrink rays and teleporters ceased to function, and monsters stopped popping out of the Earth's crust. I think in 2017 is when this happens again in the CU, and it doesn't come back for six hundred years or so.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    To a certain extent, yes, but actual Superhumans (being people with Superpowers such as getting your powers from being immersed in a vat of acid) were created when Der Totenkopf and a bunch of German mystics, helped by the Circle of Scarlet Moon; carried out a ritual that was supposed to give unbelievable power to the Nazi.

However, the ritual backfired and increased the strength of magic as a whole within the world, making actual superpowers possible.

Or so I understood.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    SPrime wrote:
    To a certain extent, yes, but actual Superhumans (being people with Superpowers such as getting your powers from being immersed in a vat of acid) were created when Der Totenkopf and a bunch of German mystics, helped by the Circle of Scarlet Moon; carried out a ritual that was supposed to give unbelievable power to the Nazi.

However, the ritual backfired and increased the strength of magic as a whole within the world, making actual superpowers possible.

Or so I understood.

You got it pretty much right as stated in the CU book.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Loganius wrote:
    I think in 2017 is when this happens again in the CU, and it doesn't come back for six hundred years or so.
    Well at least now we have a more reliable timeline regarding when the servers will be shut down. Eight years is a pretty good run...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I know that this is a rather obscure question, but what exactly happened with Der Totenkopf following World War 2 in the Champions Universe?

Nothing's ever officially been said about him as far as I recall. I suspect that when Darren at long last finishes writing Golden Age Champions, the answer will be contained therein. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    HeroSteve wrote:
    Nothing's ever officially been said about him as far as I recall. I suspect that when Darren at long last finishes writing Golden Age Champions, the answer will be contained therein.

You're getting a little too good at this, Steve. ;)

Thumbs up!