test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm too lazy to Google

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
...and I have to go into a meeting that promises to be very boring in about 2 minutes.

I have shelfulls (shelves full??) of fantasy sourcebooks, and nothing at all about the Champions Universe Lore.

From the point of view of a player that expects to be around a while, and would like to know some more of the CU lore so I can start RPing without showing the depths of my ignorance.....

1) Which sourcebooks do I start with?
2) Where do I buy them from?
3) Are there any good online sources of information?

Ok. I know this is lazy. Feel free to redirect me to the just-flippin-google-it site of your choice :D
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Your timing is just about perfect, TB. ;) In just a couple weeks, beginning at the Origins game convention, we're releasing Champions Universe, a full-color, hardcover, 200-page book detailing the Champions Universe setting and its lore. It's a great overview that will show you just how rich and detailed the setting is.

And I'm currently working on the Champions Villains trilogy, a series of three books (also color hardcovers) that will provide the full details on, and character sheets for, over 300 Champions villains, including all the "major players" of the Champions Universe.

Beyond that we published dozens of Champions supplements for the 5th Edition HERO System rules, and many of them don't need any updating for use with the current 6th Edition rules (and only minor tweaks, at worst, to fit into Cryptic's vision for the setting).

As for where to buy 'em, we'd be happy to sell them to you at our Online Store at www.herogames.com. However, we're also perfectly happy to have you order them somewhere else online, buy them at your local gaming store, or the like.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cool, thank you very much :)

And, for the record, yes, it was a boring meeting. And, as usual, it was scheduled for 30 minutes and lasted 90.

I feel some retail therapy coming on :D