test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who are the big wigs of Champions?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
I've been looking up info regarding Professor Muerte recently; and this had me wondering, who are the big wigs that are left in the Champions Universe and what are their current status?

Now mind you, I didn't even know what Champions was, before I bought the game on a whim, but here are those I am aware of:

- Dr. Destroyer : MIA, death unconfirmed.
- Firewing : ???
- KIgatillik : Possibly defeated.
- Mechanon : He's still around, quite possibly hiding on the moon.
- Menton : He took over Stronghold, mustn't be doing so well at the moment.
- Professor Muerte : MIA, thrown into the ocean during a coup, which left him fused in his power armor.
- Shadow Destroyer : The big fish in the tank at the moment.
- Tekophanes : Still kicking, waiting to unleash his army of undeads.
- The Gadroon Empress : ???
- Therakiel : Not doing well, judging from his latest plot.
- Tyrannon : ??? (Though I heard he's pretty tough)
- The Supreme Serpent : He's still leading VIPER, though I suspect he will be involved in the Serpent Lantern.

Anyone I miss, or some that could be clarified?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm somewhat curious about that Gadroon Empress, since there is mention that she's not actually a Gadroon herself.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SPrime wrote:
    Steve confirmed not too long ago that Dr. Destryoer is indeed alive, but basically sitting and broiling at Shadow Destroyer having made his appearance and trying to take his name from him.
    Being a demon god, killing him would probably be impossible. Forcing him from this realm is probably the best that can be done.
    Menton is incarcerated again.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Silverspar wrote:
    Steve confirmed not too long ago that Dr. Destryoer is indeed alive, but basically sitting and broiling at Shadow Destroyer having made his appearance and trying to take his name from him.

Pretty sure he meant that ingame his death is unconfirmed. As in, characters (and your average npc) don't know whether he is dead or not
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Tacofanes is another biggie.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Lohr wrote:

I somehow misread that as "Taco Fangs". I blame Tumerboy's avatar.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Lohr wrote:

Tacofanes is quite alive. You never actually fight him in the Blood Moon event. He just sits on his thrown, looking bored as you fight one of his Leiutenants trying to be amused, and wheny oud efeat them he just leaves saying tough to you.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Silverspar wrote:
    Tacofanes is quite alive. You never actually fight him in the Blood Moon event. He just sits on his thrown, looking bored as you fight one of his Leiutenants trying to be amused, and wheny oud efeat them he just leaves saying tough to you.

Yeah I know he is alive, that's why I mentioned him.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Others that come to mind off the top of my head:

Isthvatha V'han, Empress of a Billion Dimensions
    Luther Black, head honcho of Demon.
    Teleios.
    Eurostar.
    Dark Seraph
    Black Paladin (probably not on the level of others, but I always liked him.
    Nama and his offspring, of which you'll likely discover more in the Serpent Lantern.

Unless someone at Cryptic really likes him, I wouldn't count on Muerte any time soon.

More will be revealed in Champions Villains: Volume 1: Master Villains, coming this summer.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

You know, I couldn't believe I had forgotten Tekofanes while I was having a flashback from DEMON's Destroyer Researches. Still, I joined right after Blood Moon ended, so my brain ain't quite wired for him yet...

But yeah, by "big wigs", I meant those villains who were something of a global threat; or powerful enough to cause some pretty intense catastrophe. Sorta like Kigatillik fits, but Grond does not; I'd argue Menton is borderline, but that's just me...
    Isthvatha V'han, Empress of a Billion Dimensions
    Luther Black, head honcho of Demon.

Teleios.
    Eurostar
    Dark Seraph
    Black Paladin (probably not on the level of others, but I always liked him.
    Nama and his offspring, of which you'll likely discover more in the Serpent Lantern.

Care to elaborate on the highlighted ones? Only one of those I heard about was Luthor Black in Shadow Destroyer's origin story.

Also, yeah, Teleios is a good runner up; he just hasn't managed to blow me away yet. He's sort of that upper-middle class villain whom you just love to take on. Though from what I gather, I know little of Eurostar despite the fact that it was formed after Scorpia and a guy with a German name double crossed Prof. Muerte.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Gravitar, being obnoxiously condescending in France.
    Holocaust, on the large.
    King Cobra, watching reruns of old G.I. Joe cartoons and pretending COIL isn't a completely redundant knockoff of VIPER.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SPrime wrote:
    Care to elaborate on the highlighted ones? Only one of those I heard about was Luthor Black in Shadow Destroyer's origin story.
    Isthvatha V'han is an extra-dimensional Dormammu-like conqueress whose armies capture and enslave entire dimensions. She's not interested in simple world conquest. She wants it all.

Luthor Black is the Edomite, leader of DEMON. He was born on Leap Year and only ages once every 4 years. HIs goal is to release the Kings of Edom before he dies.

Nama is the ancient serpent/dragon goddess. She is the guiding force behind VIPER, though I don't believe anyone within the organization realize that.
    Also, yeah, Teleios is a good runner up; he just hasn't managed to blow me away yet. He's sort of that upper-middle class villain whom you just love to take on. Though from what I gather, I know little of Eurostar despite the fact that it was formed after Scorpia and a guy with a German name double crossed Prof. Muerte.
    I wouldn't count Teleios out. He's the smartest human in the CU.Eurostar has been around for quite some time. Scorpia and Feuermacher joined after they left Terror, Inc. Mentalla, Menton's kid sister, is also a member of Eurostar.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cosmic_One wrote:

Luthor Black is the Edomite, leader of DEMON. He was born on Leap Year and only ages once every 4 years. HIs goal is to release the Kings of Edom before he dies.

I so hope we get to fight him.
    I want to see more of DEMON. There just isnt enough of them yet ingame :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Mentalla, Menton's kid sister, is also a member of Eurostar.

So that's where Dr. D's second protege has gone to. Interesting!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I should also point out that Professor Muerte wasn't owned by Hero Games at the time of the sale to Cryptic - that's why he was written out of 5E continuity and caused the dissolution of Terror, Inc - so you shouldn't expect to see him in CO at any time.

Tyrannon is the CU's Darkseid/Thanos/Dormammu. He's the big-daddy extra-dimensional conqueror who even sends shivers down Isthvatha's spine. In the future it's the battle against Tyrannon which causes the CU to lose all of it's superhumans, and it's ability to produce more.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    melkathi wrote:
    I so hope we get to fight him.
    I want to see more of DEMON. There just isnt enough of them yet ingame :)
    The Edomite is, by far, my favorite character in the CU and DEMON: Servants of Darkness is by far my favorite supplement ever produced for Champions, and one of the top 10 I have ever read for RPGs in general.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SPrime wrote:
    So that's where Dr. D's second protege has gone to. Interesting!
    Eurostar consists of: Fiacho (Leader), der Westgote, Durak, Feuermacher, Mentalla, Pantera, Scorpia, and Ultrasonique.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cosmic_One wrote:
    Feuermacher

Ugh I hate those fake names made up by people who have no understanding of the language.

I sure hope we don't see Eurostar in the game anytime soon, as that will be content I'll be locked out of by the sheer cringeworthyness of that name.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    wrote:
    Ugh I hate those fake names made up by people who have no understanding of the language.

I sure hope we don't see Eurostar in the game anytime soon, as that will be content I'll be locked out of by the sheer cringeworthyness of that name.
    IIRC the names of the characters in Eurostar were supplied by fans from the various countries. IE, it was the German-speaking fans who suggested the name Feuermacher. I believe there's also a German website called Die Feuermacher. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cosmic_One wrote:
    IIRC the names of the characters in Eurostar were supplied by fans from the various countries. IE, it was the German-speaking fans who suggested the name Feuermacher. I believe there's also a German website called Die Feuermacher. :)

Some of George's original names of Eurostar, like Fiacho, are Esperanto.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cosmic_One wrote:

The german language is wierd. You can do a lot with it, but even though a word may not be completly wrong, it can sound "not right".
    Feuermacher could perhaps be the most correct translation of Firestarter, but it makes me cringe.
    If a Supervillain would introduce himself to me with that name I'd run a greater danger of dying laughing than falling victim to his fire powers :)

I liked the Westgote on the other hand.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    wrote:
    Some of George's original names of Eurostar, like Fiacho, are Esperanto.
    Yes, but George's original name for Feuermacher was Feur. While writing CKC Steve asked German fans on the forum to supply a rename translation for the character. That's how we got Feuermacher.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cosmic_One wrote:
    Yes, but George's original name for Feuermacher was Feur. While writing CKC Steve asked German fans on the forum to supply a rename translation for the character. That's how we got Feuermacher.

Good to hear that he asked at least.
    Then I'll go blame my countrymen instead :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    wrote:
    Good to hear that he asked at least.
    Then I'll go blame my countrymen instead :)
    I'd imagine we'll here much the same type of thing out of the Russian, Spanish, and other nationality players about the characters who have been renamed since Steve took over, but almost all of them had names supplied by fans from those nationalities. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I would love to see a final lair fight that's against, say, a team of tough supervillians rather than a solo legendary. There's that Russian team in bunker buster, but that's really about it. It's an obvious way to use Eurostar.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Pantagruel wrote:
    I would love to see a final lair fight that's against, say, a team of tough supervillians rather than a solo legendary. There's that Russian team in bunker buster, but that's really about it. It's an obvious way to use Eurostar.
    I think that's the one place where both current superhero MMOs fail. Comics have always been about the hero versus villain - hero versus agent or thug has always been the 1-page side attraction to fill space until you get to the real story. The CU has literally hundreds of supervillains yet we spend 95% of our time fighting through agent level foes. The game should really be about fighting the supers most of the time rather then the thugs. That's something DCUO is really focusing on.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I think that's the one place where both current superhero MMOs fail. Comics have always been about the hero versus villain - hero versus agent or thug has always been the 1-page side attraction to fill space until you get to the real story. The CU has literally hundreds of supervillains yet we spend 95% of our time fighting through agent level foes. The game should really be about fighting the supers most of the time rather then the thugs. That's something DCUO is really focusing on.

Let's not start to eulogize DCUO until it shows us the money; it's not like this forum wasn't supposed to be all about Champions...

But yeah, I agree with that, some actual multiple supervillains encounters would be fun; only problem is, that it wouldn't make sense except under some very specific circumstances. For instance, look at PSI and what happened to Terror Inc... Each members of those teams had their own, very different, agendas and supervillains don't take well to teaming like superheroes do.

That's really what sort of happened with Therakiel's Minions. Baron Cimetierre thought he could run solo, Black Fang would have taken out Sweetland; Valerian would probably have preferred to go her own way as Therakiel's favorite, while Dracul would rather take over the world for himself and his progeny. Only reason that this tenuous alliance worked, was that Therakiel was powerful enough to keep them in check and managed to remain on top of the ever changing hierarchy.

Most supervillains are egomaniacs or individualists; they want more power for themselves, so there isn't much that can be done about it. Only circumstances when villains have consistently teamed up, was to take down a mutual threat to their continued survival, like the Champions.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SPrime wrote:
    Let's not start to eulogize DCUO until it shows us the money; it's not like this forum wasn't supposed to be all about Champions...
    Some of us have seen the money. :)
    But yeah, I agree with that, some actual multiple supervillains encounters would be fun; only problem is, that it wouldn't make sense except under some very specific circumstances. For instance, look at PSI and what happened to Terror Inc... Each members of those teams had their own, very different, agendas and supervillains don't take well to teaming like superheroes do.
    TI was scrapped because Hero Games lost the rights to Professor Muerte. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd also say the multitude of supervillain groups in the CU would disagree with your concept that they don't take well to teaming. There's a lot more to the CU then the fraction presented here. :)
    Most supervillains are egomaniacs or individualists; they want more power for themselves, so there isn't much that can be done about it. Only circumstances when villains have consistently teamed up, was to take down a mutual threat to their continued survival, like the Champions.
    Not really the case in the pnp CU. As I said above there are LOTS of villain groups in the CU that work quite efficiently together. Eurostar is a perfect example of that.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Black Seraph has left orders all over the place.
    I wouldn't mind facing that lot combined.
    They could make a very fun instance in which you fight the villain team in various locations with them getting away every time and the heroes chasing after them until the final confrontation.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    wrote:
    Black Seraph has left orders all over the place.
    I wouldn't mind facing that lot combined.
    They could make a very fun instance in which you fight the villain team in various locations with them getting away every time and the heroes chasing after them until the final confrontation.
    Yeah. I see nothing wrong with having missions where you need to defeat villain group X - the more players on your team the more members of villain group X show up in the encounters. Heck it could even be simple bank robbery missions where you replace the thugs with a villain team. Remember the really cool Armadillo video from before launch where he's fighting in the street? Why can't we have that in-game? Make the villains the focus and leave the thugs for street-sweeping, IMO.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cosmic_One wrote:
    Yeah. I see nothing wrong with having missions where you need to defeat villain group X - the more players on your team the more members of villain group X show up in the encounters. Heck it could even be simple bank robbery missions where you replace the thugs with a villain team. Remember the really cool Armadillo video from before launch where he's fighting in the street? Why can't we have that in-game? Make the villains the focus and leave the thugs for street-sweeping, IMO.

Seems like we'll have to trudge over to the suggestion forum again soon :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SPrime wrote:
    I've been looking up info regarding Professor Muerte recently; and this had me wondering, who are the big wigs that are left in the Champions Universe and what are their current status?

Now mind you, I didn't even know what Champions was, before I bought the game on a whim, but here are those I am aware of:

- Firewing : ???
    - Mechanon : He's still around, quite possibly hiding on the moon.
    - Professor Muerte : MIA, thrown into the ocean during a coup, which left him fused in his power armor.
    - Shadow Destroyer : The big fish in the tank at the moment.
    - Tekophanes : Still kicking, waiting to unleash his army of undeads.
    - The Gadroon Empress : ???
    - Therakiel : Not doing well, judging from his latest plot.
    - Tyrannon : ??? (Though I heard he's pretty tough)
    - The Supreme Serpent : He's still leading VIPER, though I suspect he will be involved in the Serpent Lantern.

Anyone I miss, or some that could be clarified?

Eurostar: Fiacho, Durak, Bora, Panterra and Le Sone are nasty. They are the European powerhouse supervillains. They are all fast, powerful and use team-work. A 5 v 5 lair against them, with traps, would rock. Eurostar should have their own adventure pack.
    The Minutemen: Are you a mutant? Beware. The Minutemen are coming...
    The Ultimates: OK, these aren't bigwigs. They aren't even medium-wigs. But they'd sure as hell be fun to fight in a lair.
    Anklosaur is supposed to be really nasty.
    if a champions character starts usually with 250 points, by comparison, Tyrannon is built on about twenty thousand points. You don't defeat Tyrannon, you only defeat an aspect of Tyrannon.
    Pardon me about not knowing the renaming of guys, I didn't even know Prof. Muerte was gone too.
    Bummer, I liked Terror, Inc.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    wrote:
    Eurostar: Fiacho, Durak, Bora, Panterra and Le Sone are nasty. They are the European powerhouse supervillains. They are all fast, powerful and use team-work. A 5 v 5 lair against them, with traps, would rock. Eurostar should have their own adventure pack.
    The Minutemen: Are you a mutant? Beware. The Minutemen are coming...
    The Ultimates: OK, these aren't bigwigs. They aren't even medium-wigs. But they'd sure as hell be fun to fight in a lair.
    Anklosaur is supposed to be really nasty.
    if a champions character starts usually with 250 points, by comparison, Tyrannon is built on about twenty thousand points. You don't defeat Tyrannon, you only defeat an aspect of Tyrannon.
    You should update to, at least, 5E material if not the new 6E. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What is Shadow Destroyer's background. I guess I missed that.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Whats this about most of ther Heroes get taken out.- I dont have alot of Champs knowledge past Online and am very intrested in hearing about that.

As far as groups go, There is an awsome Nem mish that is full of Villians and even two groups of villians Red winter I thins is there names and upto 4 others when you face off against your Nem. It was the coolest Mish yet.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What is Shadow Destroyer's background. I guess I missed that.

My own knowledge of Shadow Destroyer is mostly based on a post Dardove did in another thread, whose link I have added below.
    Silver, here is a brief history on Shadow Destroyer from the book -

He is from the Multifarian Earth, it is where different time periods intermingle. His family kept magical power by sacrificing their own family (usually a brother). He had no brothers, so he sacrificed his own brother. Then he worked on growing his powers. So he crafted his armor and tested himself against the superheros of his world.

One day, he was greeted by a man (Luthor Black) from another dimension who was seeking a book in order to gain power. Shadow helped him get it because he didn't want to use the book himself (since he would lose his soul in the process). After he helped him, he decided to follow the man back to his dimension and gain the power.

He did his research and found that in order to follow him he would need a lot of sacrifices. He decided to use Detroit as his target so he set a trap for superheros and then took out the city. That is when he ended up here. Of course time is funky in that dimension so Luthor Black visited in 1896, Dr. Destroyer took out Detroit in 92, and Shadow is Destroyer showing up now, even though it was only a couple months between Black visiting and the destruction of Detroit in Shadow Destroyer's dimension.

Here's the original thread from where this came from:

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=101630

In addition, there's an entire Hero Games book on all things Destroyer, appropriately named "The Book of the Destroyer". Though it seems stocks might be empty at the moment, so you might have to dig a bit further to find it.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'd still absolutely love to see Gravitar show up as an Open Mission/Adventure Pack/Lair fight. The whole point of her is that she believes she's the most powerful superhuman on Earth (and the ability to throw an entire city block at somebody helps reinforce that) and that anyone she sees as powerful enough to get her attention will get smacked down just so she can prove her point, both villain and hero alike.

I've used her in a couple of Champions/Dark Champions games myself just to remind my players that they are not the baddest ****s on the block, and never will be.

One adventure found my players caught in the crossfire between Gravitar and Eurostar, apparently Fiacho tried to double cross her and she didn't take that well at all. The whole adventure was spent trying to talk her down from not beating Fiacho into a one molecule-thick layer of bloody paste with the Arc de Triumph.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cosmic_One wrote:
    You should update to, at least, 5E material if not the new 6E. :)

I will...this summer.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    wrote:
    I will...this summer.
    Be prepared for some culture shock then. in 5E starting characters are built on 350 pts and in 6E, I believe, it's 450 points. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SPrime wrote:
    My own knowledge of Shadow Destroyer is mostly based on a post Dardove did in another thread, whose link I have added below.

Here's the original thread from where this came from:

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=101630

In addition, there's an entire Hero Games book on all things Destroyer, appropriately named "The Book of the Destroyer". Though it seems stocks might be empty at the moment, so you might have to dig a bit further to find it.

thanks fo the info.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Cosmic_One wrote:
    Be prepared for some culture shock then. in 5E starting characters are built on 350 pts and in 6E, I believe, it's 450 points. :)

HAHAHA OK.
    450 points.
    Is that 450 point compared to an old character built on 250 points?
    Or is that 450 points compared to an old character built on 450 points?
    Did they up the amount of points agents are built on?
    Is 450 the 'new 250'?
    I'm looking forward to the new rules set.
    It's not a real biggie: my last campaign was my Lo Galaxy campaign. With package deal the players got they ended up starting at around 700 points. Since everyone was an experienced player, giving them 700 points to start was a fun change.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    wrote:
    HAHAHA OK.
    450 points.
    Is that 450 point compared to an old character built on 250 points?
    Or is that 450 points compared to an old character built on 450 points?
    Did they up the amount of points agents are built on?
    Is 450 the 'new 250'?
    I'm looking forward to the new rules set.
    It's not a real biggie: my last campaign was my Lo Galaxy campaign. With package deal the players got they ended up starting at around 700 points. Since everyone was an experienced player, giving them 700 points to start was a fun change.
    The step-up from 250 to 350 in 5E was a design philosophy: more starting points makes for more well-rounded characters. The step-up from 350 to 450 in 6E is primarily a mechanical issue steming from changes made to the system between the two editions. A 350 is much more powerful then a 250 in 5E but a 450 is not more powerful then a 350 in 6E.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Silverspar wrote:

i would love to see a quest on how plays out with your superhero caught in the middle lol
    maybe it will be the next battle of the century :D

"there can only be one destroyer!"
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well from what I can tell, apparently will have some sort of robot king in the future. Possibly named Metal Man? Not sure... but would explain his action figure in the Nem Store. :p
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I cant believe you guys left the Rainbow Archer and the Fox of Crime off of this list.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Shame on you.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    A few quick responses to things as I come across them. ;)

1. The name "Feuermacher" was supplied to me by German fans whom I consulted. If I don't speak a language and have access to people who do, I ask them for help. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but I didn't just make it up -- some actual Germans made it up.

2. The assertion that DOJ didn't own Prof. Muerte and thus didn't sell him to Cryptic is incorrect. We owned him, and we sold him to Cryptic. If we didn't own him I'd never have even mentioned him in any 5E books, and he is in fact mentioned. He's just mentioned in such a way as to indicate that he will never, ever appear in any of our books, because I don't think he's useful in the setting. If Cryptic wants to use him, they can, and in that case I'd put him in books... kicking and screaming all the way, but I'd do it. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    TI was scrapped because Hero Games lost the rights to Professor Muerte. Nothing more, nothing less.

I want to repeat, for the record, that this is utterly incorrect. See my post above.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Another correction:

The starting points for a Superheroic character in 6E (which includes starting superheroes) is 400 Total Points, not 450.

But of course that's just a suggestion; the GM can set the Character Point totals wherever he likes. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Now, to the original point of the thread. ;)

SPrime -- in our Champions Universe book, which comes out in just a couple weeks, I list the following as "Significant Superhuman Threats":

Dark Seraph and the Crowns of Krim
    Doctor Destroyer (meaning "Shadow Destroyer" in setting context, but actually both of them)
    Firewing
    Gravitar
    Grond
    Istvatha V'han
    Kinematik
    King Cobra
    Mechanon
    Menton
    The Slug
    Sunburst
    Takofanes
    Teleios
    The Warlord
    Dr. Yin Wu

Then, I list the following as "Other Major Threats":
    Borealis
    Brangomar, the Shadow Queen
    Captain Chronos
    Eclipsar
    Gargantua
    Holocaust
    Interface
    Kanrok the Acquisitioner
    Kigatilik
    Li Chun the Destroyer
    Masquerade
    The Monster
    Dr. Phillippe Moreau
    Morph
    Necrull
    Joseph Otanga
    Skarn the Shaper
    Slun (the Bishop)
    Taipan
    Tezcatlipoca
    Valak the World-Ravager
    Vector

However, it's important to note two things about these lists. First, they only include threats that are known to the public, the Superhuman World, or the like; thus, Tyrannon the Conqueror is not listed, though he absolutely would be if he were known to exist. (Similarly, if a villain has a "rep" that makes people think he's more powerful/threatening than he is, he gets listed.) Second, it only includes individuals and teams, not organizations; agencies like VIPER and DEMON are certainly among the most serious threats to the world... but they're covered in a separate section of the book. ;)

The information not known to the public/Superhuman World/etc., but which the GM needs to know, is included in a different part of the book so that no secrets get revealed before the GM wants to reveal them. ;)

Hope that helps! If you have any questions about any of these guys (or any other aspect of the CU), just let me know and I'll do my best to answer.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So I have a curiosuity question here HeroSteve;

As you've answered the question in a past post, as well as the above one, and Cryptic has pretty much answered a similar question concerning the point about not the next adventure pack after the Serpent's Lantern, but the one after that, but I am curious how you think a battle between these two will go down. So the real question;

Between Shadow Destroyer and Doctor Destroyer, which of the two would be the most dangerous and likely to win? I know Shadow Destroyer has the power of his hate and such as the Qliphothic behind him, but Doctor Destroyer is, if I am understanding, unmatched intellectually on Earth as far as his cunning, intelligence and know how, in fact, from what I understand, having the most powerful Power Armor in existance, not to mention being that he is pushing his 90s, still quite able to be alive now and planning on his return tells me he is very strong individual.

I know the questions probably been answered in a supplement or something, but it's a curiosuity of mine.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Now, to the original point of the thread.

SPrime -- in our Champions Universe book, which comes out in just a couple weeks, I list the following as "Significant Superhuman Threats":

Dark Seraph and the Crowns of Krim
    Doctor Destroyer (meaning "Shadow Destroyer" in setting context, but actually both of them)
    ... ... ...

Wow! Thank you HeroSteve!

Some times recently, I actually made some more in-depth researches on the Hero Games website, quite entertaining; and I also recognize some familiar names in there, namely Gargantua, Holocaust, etc...

To tell the truth, I'm actually quite surprised that Teleios and King Cobra made it into the list; guess I should re-evaluate my opinion of the former, though I'm quite surprised COIL is an actual threat... I had assumed that they were sort of the poor man's VIPER.