test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

POLL : What power set do you like most? (Take 3)

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Champions Online Discussion
What power set do you like most? And why? If you care to share.
Since we do not currently have access to the poll function; I'll try to keep this updated whenever I get the chance.

Archery : 1
Celestial : 0
Darkness : 1
Dual Blades : 0
Fighting Claws : 0
Electricity : 0
Fire : 1
Force : 1
Gadgeteering : 1
Ice : 0
Martial Arts : 1
Might : 1
Munitions : 1
Power Armor : 1
Single Blade : 0
Sorcery : 1
Supernatural : 1
Telekinesis : 0
Telepathy : 0

What power set do you like most? (Take 2)
What power set do you like most? (Take 1)

Yep, it’s that special time of the year again!

And you know we’re just hitching to know “What power set you like most? And why? If you care to share”. No buff or nerf rollercoaster, just a plain ol’ thread of love!

Still Might all the way, in my case; in fact, as soon as the patch hits I’m gonna be trading some of my spare powers for even more Might; which will cement the 4th retcon of my heroic career. Will I survive this journey from Invulnerability to Defiance? Only time will tell.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Martial Arts. It's awesome looking, and really flashy. You can make a good number of differently-themed heroes using just martial arts.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Archery, because it's fast and fun (even early on) to run around attaching explosives to people from a distance.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Gadgeteering. It has teddy bears.
    I bought the game and a lifetime sub because it has teddy bears, so yes, that is all the reason I need to make it the best powerset ever. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I could definitely give different answers for different reasons. But I'll go for...

Munitions. It's fun, it's moderately powerful, it's self-consistent, it mixes well with other frameworks, it works well in offensive and defensive styles, can be made to work at long and short range and it feels balanced.

Oh, and I think I'm the other person in the game with the power that's only good for making teddy bears. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Darkness, because it's f*cking epic.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Force. Because it's... force... I did finally span the gap, knocking a mob from the top of the Westside construction site to the roof of the building across the street, so I may have to start looking into other sets to like the best now.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I like fire, it works for so many things and can be colored to match so many different concepts. Of all the power sets fire can be colored the most spectacularly in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Bestial Supernatural. It's just.. awesome. >.>
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I would have to say Power Armour. I like the fact that the offense/defense is pretty even and how you can activate multiple abilities at the same time(as long as they don't take up the same slot on the armor such as mini gun and shoulder cannon)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    We really want to know what your favorite Power Set is.

So if you haven't done it already, come on! You can do it!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sorcery! Always always Sorcery! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    First lev 40 was a Dex-End Force-Electric hybrid named Storm Cloud, she doesn't mind mixing it up. I recently had to retcon so I shifted her to Con-End... I need to make sure it works as well, but it should since the extra HP ought to balance the loss of crits.

Second 40 was an Int-End Power Suit names Emerald Streak. She stops a lot of foes before they can even get to her. It might be fair to call her a Power Suit-Gadgeteer hybrid. She's a bit of a glass cannon.

Both borrow powers from other sets and make good use of Sparkstorm, Mindfull Rememberance, and the sorcery Circle that aids Defense.

I have a Celestial healer I made when the power set came out at 25, though I'm not too happy with her... she doesn't play nearly as easily and is weak on attack.

Now that Free to Play came out I'm trying a Dex-Int Archer who is currently 18. The set is slow but hard hitting and should get faster with time. It is annoying playing with my friend who is using Power Suit, she kills a lot of stuff before I can charge my attack. One of use starts a fight and the other finishes it.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Gadgeteering for the theme and pets. I look forward to the AT pass on it to see how else they can improve it and what new powers they add to it.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I like Sorcery the most, although I admire Celestial for its powerset design and desperately want to like Telepathy more than how it currently stands. I think Telepathy needs a rethink to work with its own designed passive.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, do we have to pick just one?

I wanna say telepathy, because that is my main character's start up set, but half of her powers are sorcery and those are really nice. I also have an older version of her that uses fire and that is a good set too. Then there's those sets I haven't tried enough that might also be good... so many sets, so little time.

In the end, I guess I'll just have to go with--Sorcery. It's not my character's base set, but at least half her powers come from that set. Lots of good options in sorcery. I've even felt tempted to make her mostly sorcery and drop most of the telepathy stuff (I mostly like Ego Storm and the new and super improved Empathic Healing :D).
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Might, Electricity, Fire :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Post deleted by KenpoJuJitsu3.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    although my 1st love was my TKer, once i made my Archer there was no looking back. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    you know, i love martial arts, but sorcery has given me the most unique fun of the game-o-sphere. so gotta bump sorcery.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I usually prefer Might simply because my main characters are generally themed like traditional comic characters (Superman, Supergirl, etc.) but I always throw in another power set or two and add personal flare.

My main uses Might (fairly lightly) with Electricity thrown in. My other uses Might a bit more heavily with telekinesis. When I get around to doing a new character I'll probably do Might/Force or something along those lines.

That's not to say I don't play others. I also have high leveled Ego Blade, Gun, Sword, Gadget characters as well. Also have a straight healer. But traditionally I'll always have a weakness for Might as the base concept.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    SPrime wrote:
    What power set do you like most? And why? If you care to share.
    Since we do not currently have access to the poll function; I'll try to keep this updated whenever I get the chance.

You clearly didn't know this, and I'm not going to report you, but we don't have access to Poll functions because Polls are not allowed on these message boards.

Only polls posted by official moderators and Dev staff of Cryptic are allowed, so.. might want to wrap this one up fast.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Rune wrote:
    You clearly didn't know this, and I'm not going to report you, but we don't have access to Poll functions because Polls are not allowed on these message boards.

Only polls posted by official moderators and Dev staff of Cryptic are allowed, so.. might want to wrap this one up fast.

Quite frankly, this thread has been pretty much over since 05-06-2010.

Back then, I had done like three of those and this had never been brought to my attention, nor was any of them closed by the Devs.

So, you know... if a thread is still deemed relevant by someone, it's their right to voice their opinions.

Just saying.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    House Cat Projection.

"You summon cats, from a dimention full of cats, and toss them a your foe at 70-90% of the speed of light.

BAMF.... MMmmMmmmmMEEEEEEEEERRRRRRROOOOO....SHA-KAM!

EDIT Oh like most... that is in the game.

Well Then I would have to pick Force, the way they fixed it it is so much fun.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    munitions pistol only fun :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yup, yup, I totally missed the "over" part. Yup.

But mine is Gadgeteering.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am new at this game but so far I would have to go for gadgeteering. Robot army = great, robot army with snowmen and teddies = awesome. So much fun and funny too

Problem for me at the moment is that I still have plenty to try out and sticking with a specific build is very difficult as I just want to try them all so would probably give you a different answer tomorrow :)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I really enjoy Fighting Claws, Electricity and Fire. Although, every one of my characters has at least some Might sprinkled in to give them the obligatory melee component if they don't already use a blad of some form.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Electricity and Ice
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    *Facepalm*

Attachment not found.

Yes, I am now aware I was also tricked by these people into posting Necromantically.

Sorry about that, Sprime!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! @=(&gt;.<@)

I think all but three of my characters don't use Might.. and as a result, I don't use them much. Hoo hoo hoo~

But yeah, been Might since open beta. Love it. d('-' )

EDIT: Oh, I have to answer WHY. Oooooh. Well. I like hitting things with other things and Might is the pinnacle of that. I miss the old Hurl. I enjoyed that immensely. And my favourite power is probably Havoc Stomp. If I could just keep the SFX of that on forever and just mosey around town making stompy-crashy sounds, I'd be in heaven. *_*
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    *Facepalm*

threadnecro.jpg

Yes, I am now aware I was also tricked by these people into posting Necromantically.

Sorry about that, Sprime!

Bah, things happen.

Interesting card edit you found there, by the way.

Though I must admit I used to prefer more traditional methods.