test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let's get ready to Rumble! Monster Island #1

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Champions Online Discussion
Can the non stop rumble effect in MI #1 be fixed? thx.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2010
    yes, please. i'm very tolerant of screen shake, but i got dizzy from this bug, needs to be fixed asap.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I heard the same report from a friend, and I thought it was his client. Can something be done about this?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dammit! Now both instances of MI are perma-rumbling.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MAKE IT STOP. I don't know about you but it seems to be out of control lately.

Finally figured out how to make it stop.

Go to Options / Controls

The next to last (penultimate) option is:
    [Untranslated: Options_Bla_Bla_Bla_Bla]

Turn that ON

No more shaking

whew

End vent
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks a lot for this info, I'll be sure to get rid of this insane rumbling forever next time I log.
    I may be wrong, but I assume this bug is related to the one which makes npcs spam chat and behave strangely.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    what...........i can't aim right...............or left for that matter..............phone doen't work ether right?:eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nam19771 wrote:
    Thanks a lot for this info, I'll be sure to get rid of this insane rumbling forever next time I log.
    I may be wrong, but I assume this bug is related to the one which makes npcs spam chat and behave strangely.
    The rumbling is probably a localization glitch in the rumbling you get when the volcano is active. Instead of keeping to the volcano, it's now everywhere in MI.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just another voice chiming in with the problem as well, and it has been going on all day since yesterday. The live servers look like an Alpha stage game right now, roughly half the critters in the game are "tweaking out", and all kinds of things like the eruptions that should be on a timer seem to be happening ever 0.5 seconds.

All that needs to be done for a temporary fix is to spawn new instances of the zones.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey gang,

I'll be looking into this today. Thanks for pointing it out!

Stormshade
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    Hey gang,

Stormshade

Does anyone read the in game petitions/bug reports on weekends?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, as a short term fix go into Controls and the last option is like Disable_Camera_Shake, turn that on.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    These bugs are not limited to just MI, I know the Bigfoot in Canada ar studdering and don't fight back when attacked. So looks like all #1 zones may well be affected by this issue
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Something good came out of this...

COCONUT BALL PITS!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    Hey gang,

Stormshade

Thanks for stay on top...you guys are rockin!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The_Last wrote:

Did you make a bug report?

When it first started i took a look could not find a bug report but had to run, logged in yesterday it was still doing it, looked again, didnt see any bug reports to do with shaking or monster island so made one last night finally. so either no one made one all weekend when it was doing this or the search function on the bug reporting is broken...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Alpain wrote:
    Did you make a bug report?

When it first started i took a look could not find a bug report but had to run, logged in yesterday it was still doing it, looked again, didnt see any bug reports to do with shaking or monster island so made one last night finally. so either no one made one all weekend when it was doing this or the search function on the bug reporting is broken...

Exactly. Try making your own bug reports, and then searching for them, you won't find them in the search. Try doing a search for something generic, like "controller", besides the stickies there are exactly two reports that come up, one fixed months ago, and the other will not be fixed as a result of a design decision stated months ago.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The_Last wrote:

It shouldn't even have been necessary for the players to bring this to their attention. This problem is very easy to see, makes the game unplayable, and should've been spotted by in-game GMs.

The fact that they didn't seem to know about it 'til it was mentioned here on the forums is a good indication that they don't have anyone actively playing the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Parfex wrote:
    It shouldn't even have been necessary for the players to bring this to their attention. This problem is very easy to see, makes the game unplayable, and should've been spotted by in-game GMs.

The fact that they didn't seem to know about it 'til it was mentioned here on the forums is a good indication that they don't have anyone actively playing the game.

Or that the GMs that are in game aren't paying attention enough/communicating these things on a daily basis.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    Hey gang,

Stormshade

Thanks!

In the meantime, there is an option under options -> controls, near the bottom with an odd name (like it looks like a variable name almost or something), you can turn if ON, and it stops the shaking. Someone in game helped me with that, so I don't know what exactly the option is or is supposed to do, but it fixes it for the time being.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Brou wrote:
    Something good came out of this...

COCONUT BALL PITS!

I was wondering why there so many near the tree. Man, I wish we could pick them up; I would love to bonk some Manimals to death.

To be honest, I kind of like the glitch, but got tired of it after a while. Kinda surprised to see it's only been noticed now though.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nam19771 wrote:

It's that good old script timing bug again. Honestly sometimes I swear it would be faster to rewrite this game from the ground up instead of trying to "fix" it, because obviously they're not addressing the core issues causing the problems.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Parfex wrote:

Lemuria, *cough, cough*, Christmas charity event, *cough, cough*.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sylum69 wrote:
    Christmas charity event, *cough, cough*.
    Actually...

I think the only reason that any of the devs found out about the charity drive, was because I had somehow convinced Daeke to spread the word through the office, and then make a post on the front page for it.

There's no question that that's the only reason the devs ever knew it existed. I don't want to speak ill of them, though, because they're making a genuine effort to get back in touch with thier superhero community.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Prior to the change that allowed us to turn in the holiday junk for the cracker, I don't remember a single day where someone didn't ask in general chat what the items were for, and people replying, "junk, but MP is collecting pens and pencils for a charity drive".

A lengthy conversation about the charity drive quickly followed. It was difficult to not know what was going on.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sylum69 wrote:
    A lengthy conversation about the charity drive quickly followed. It was difficult to not know what was going on.
    That's true, but I was actually agreeing to a point.

By then, the devs were pretty out of touch with us, thier customers and community. There's no doubt that they didn't log on, or if they had been logging on, they did so under the radar, avoiding conversation and Zone Chat.

Again, I'm absolutely sure the devs wouldn't have known about the charity if I hadn't of said anything to Daeke.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't know much about game design and development but I do know it's far more difficult than people give credit for. On top of that, I can't even begin to imagine the amount of work that goes into developing and maintaining an MMO. But at the very least, I would think/hope that Cryptic is playing CO at a regular basis. I mean, it would be silly to imply that they're not playing their own game, but issues like this creep up every so often.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this game and I want to be excited for its future and I really, really, really want to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt. With that being said, it's disheartening to see such a major issue need to be brought to Cryptic's attention...again.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sylum69 wrote:
    I mean, it would be silly to imply that they're not playing their own game, but issues like this creep up every so often.
    That's what had happened, but I've seen StormShade a bit in the game already.

Before all this, you very rarely saw devs playing, and if you did, it was Daeke on his DrDaeke handle. With the immense application processes that it takes to maintain this game, can you really not believe that the devs might not have time for actually going into thier Live builds of the game?

When I was a beta/bug tester for a certain gaming company, I couldn't stand playing the games I was hunting bugs down in, mainly because I knew the content so well that it bored me. Granted there were a few exceptions to that rule, I loved playing my developer build of Contra 4 outside of testing. From this viewpoint, I can easily see the developers not wanting to dink around thier game after business hours.

Even though it's thier baby and they're working on it, I can understand it if they're bored to tears and don't want to bother with Live.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ah well. I was very slightly hoping it was a dramatic build up that you can disable for some nifty boss/expansion release (you know, Revelations, breaking seals, etc) because the volcano itself was frying the crap outta the NPCs stationed near it. *sigh*
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'd go as far to say that they should utilize the effects of this bug for an occassional "eruption" of the volcano in Monster Island.

It's one good thing that can come from this, at least.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'd go as far to say that they should utilize the effects of this bug for an occassional "eruption" of the volcano in Monster Island.

It's one good thing that can come from this, at least.

The eternal erupting volcano has spread to both zones now. The timer bug (or whatever)
    has pretty much spread to all lands and zones. I suspect it is past time for them to reboot
    the game to clear up some of the glitches.

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Judging by the server maintenance going on, I'd say that's what is being addressed right now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Judging by the server maintenance going on, I'd say that's what is being addressed right now.

Ah, yes. Much quieter on Monster Island.

Didn't see any kind of notice on the website though.