test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need Advice!

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Power Discussion
My char is going along well but seems weak against enemies his lvl, I would appreciate any advice that anyone could offer.
My powers are:
Bionic Shielding (rank 1)
Nanobot Swarm (R 1 and healing injectors)
Hawk's Talons (R 1)
Viper's Fangs (R 1)
Energy Shield (R 1)
Micro Munitions (R 1)
Lightning Reflexes (R 3)
Super Dexterity
Super Strength
Agile
Martial Focus
Brilliant
Mighty
Tireless
Acrobatics (R 1)
Im currently lvl 19 and in a powerhouse trying to choose my next rank and advantage, where should I go from here?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010
    well the first problem I see is that your AOE is Micro Munitions, don't get me wrong, it's a decent attack but it's balanced to be used at the same time with other PA attacks so on it's own it's a bit mediocre. So if you can maybe respect or on your nect power get another aoe to use.

for you're two advantage points, get laser knight, you look to be a melee character and laser knight really helps melee survivability.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You might also consider dropping LR. It... it just sucks at lower levels and a patch is coming up that will make it suck at higher levels too (maybe). Pick up regeneration or defiance and switch out super strength for super recovery or constitution (depending on which passive you pick).

As mentioned, micro munitions is cool, but works better when comboed with power armor powers. If you want a martial arts aoe, you are kind of out of luck unless you want to move into dual blades.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think LR will serve you fine in PvE, but you will need to fix that AoE first. If you can quickly burn down the henchmen, LR + Melee attacks work very well vs bosses.

Edit; and frequently, STR is best as a third stat. You can hit it's 20% melee bonus without maxing it out. The exception would be if you love to throw trucks as your opener.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Alright that being the case, I will change micro munitions to something else and get rid of lightning reflexes for Regeneration. Ill change Super STR for Super RECOV and pick my powers from there. Right?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sounds good. That should work.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    My advice for every build, get sparkstorm on a toggle lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok now my powers are:
    Bionic Shielding (R 1)
    Hawk's Talons (R 1)
    Viper's Fangs (R 2)
    Energy Shield (R 1)
    Concussor Beam (R 2)
    Regeneration (R 2)
    Thunderbolt Lunge (R 1)
    Super Dexterity