test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I need some armor for my assassin...

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Costumes and Concepts
My assassin (Hashashim, archery with a touch of single blade), needs some armor. I generally give at least 1 or 2 extra costume slots on each character up to different roles, and in this case, I need some armor for my assassin. He's an LR character (obviously), and I really like his costume, so I want to keep as much of it as possible. Basically, I want him, but putting armor on. I made a really nice set of armor that I liked, except unless you were zoomed in on him when I changed it, you likely wouldn't even notice that it happened. It was very subtle. So, I present to you a challenge: Make me a set of armor that meets these qualifications:

A) Still looks like the original character, any existing parts would maintain their color scheme, and I'd really like to keep his hood.

B) It's not, like... big metal plates. He's still a stealthy assassin, at best he might be wearing samurai-style leather/wood with a li'l bit of metal framework or somesuch.

C) Someone might actually notice when I changed gear.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Ooops, forgot, that's the old version, I forgot I added his sword to the side and tweaked a few things when they added costume pieces.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hmm, that's a tough one. Theoretically, to keep him agile and flexible, I'd suggest to focus on accessoires, like bracers, shoulder pads, ect. But seeing how most of them are already crammed into your primary costume, you might have to add some chest armor too, to make the change more recognizeable. :D

How about this one? Basically I've added a really simple piece of chest armor and changed the shoulder pads. You might want to change the colors of the chest layer though.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The Spec Ops legs as a tights selection looks pretty armored if that's something you'd be looking for, and also a few parts of the new destroyers set that released with the Nemesis confrontation could be added in for and armoring out kinda look.

For that though i'm not sure if Costume unlocks are account wide yet, if so earning the costume parts is easy and very worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Have a look at this. I've given him a breastplate, shoulder guards, chunky gloves and heavy-duty greaves, as well as a cap with attached mask. All made from toughened, blackened leather. I've changed his trousers too, so they're now tighter to allow for wearing armour over the top. I know you wanted to keep the hood, but personally I'm starting to find hoods a bit cliche, and if you're going into battle rather than trying to sneak around, you might as well put something stronger on your bonce.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I like my hood. It works perfectly on him, and that hat looks silly!

I do like those shoulders and bracers though. I really wish I could keep his pants, I like that design (goes with the hood) but every time I try to come up with something, I come to the conclusion that I have to change them.

I'm still not sold on either of those chestpieces though. I can't find one I like for this =/
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    how about simply changing everything as is in original from cloth to metal and maybe that dragon mouth piece?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I like my hood. It works perfectly on him, and that hat looks silly!

I do like those shoulders and bracers though. I really wish I could keep his pants, I like that design (goes with the hood) but every time I try to come up with something, I come to the conclusion that I have to change them.

I'm still not sold on either of those chestpieces though. I can't find one I like for this =/

I don't like the chestwear that much either. The problem is, it's nearly impossible to add any extra armor pieces to your costume. Arm accessoires, bracers, shoulder pads, leg accessoires.. most of these slots are already equppied with costume pieces, meaning that attaching armor there would either a) not change anything or b) override important costume pieces (like the katana).

I'll look into it some more though. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I don't mind removing some of the accessories, especially on the arms, but I really do wanna keep my Katana :(

And just shifting to metal isn't gonna help much, it's not noticable enough. I made a suit of armor for him I really liked, the problem was just that you couldn't tell he was wearing it unless you were really looking. An example of the type of adaptation I'm going for would be Super Tesla or Bennu's offensive/defensive combos (see attached). You can tell that he's got armor on, but you can also still tell it's the same character.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hey Funsocks, I took a shot at it.

I know you like the hood and pants, so I left all of those alone.

I changed the chestwear into something that still looks leathery. It's got some stitching in the front and back, so I thought it looked proper. I added the power gem thing on the front just to add some color, as it was pretty bare otherwise.

Then I added a pretty bulky belt, mostly to add to the "hey that changed" effect.

Next I went for the arms. My approach was to basically add some shielding. Larger (but not too large, I think) shoulders with some blades on them to fit with the assassin theme. Then some plate armbands with some ornamental designs on them that I think fit with the rest of the design.

Finally, I added some heavyish forearm plates, again with an ornamental design, that could be used for blocking, kinda like bucklers.

It doesn't add TOO much bulk to him, but I think it's enough to be noticable.

I liked your different left/right arm options, but I figured if you're going for defense, having armor on both arms is the go.

Hope you like!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I wanted to mention Smackwell, that that's PERFECT. I may tweak it a bit when I start playing that char more love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Glad I could help!