test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1 shot game?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Champions Online Discussion
Is this game all about getting 1 shotted?

It seems with all the buffs/debuffs available people are aiming for 1 shot machines.
PvP has seen alot of players trying to get that 10k hit off on someone.ive see a video of a guy doing 30k.Ok it takes some setting up but its there .

Legenary bosses can 1 shot you.Even through block sometimes.

So whats the point of a healer in this game if players/bosses can do 10K+ damage to a player with 8k life in 1 hit?
How are you supposed to heal that in time?

Is there any middle ground? or just aim for a 1 shot build?

It's not always possible to block when your held or knocked on your ****. :eek:
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2009
    In terms of PvP, I'm sure that the buff stacking that is allowing players to one-shot each other will be looked at.

In terms of Cosmics and such, even though players can get one-shotted , they don't always and I've been there on my healer character to help get their HP back up - if I wasn't they be dead more often. I always thought all MMOs had mobs that could one-shot particular characters, and I've at least seen one-shots in CoX and FFXI before CO.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    thx for response.

Btw i have a character called UltraViolent lol
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Funny thing is, a friend of mine has a one-shot char. He completely owns in PvP, but it pretty much a slow, boring, clunky POS in PvE and he hates his own char now. I find "some" personal pleasure in this, seeing that he destroys me in duels, but at least one-shot chars aren't good ALL around.
    Everyone focuses TOO MUCH on the whole PvP aspect of the game. Oh, if a build is awesome in PvP, it MUST be nerfed NOA, lol! Every build has their strengths in certain parts of the game, its the defensive builds, imo, that should be looked at.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Someone explained to me that PVP is always about how fast you can wipe out the other guy. You don't have to worry about damage mitigation or healing if the fight is over in a shot or two.

Of course, he didn't explain this until after he had out dueled me several dozen times. :mad:
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I've never seen the appeal in one-shotting opponents, be they PC or NPC. It's not fun or exciting when it's over too fast.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I've never seen the appeal in one-shotting opponents, be they PC or NPC. It's not fun or exciting when it's over too fast.

For some people it's purely about the victory. (not saying I'm one of them, hehe )
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It's not fun or exciting when it's over too fast.

That's wha......nevermind, too easy.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    For some people it's purely about the victory. (not saying I'm one of them, hehe )

I can punch a toddler in the face and win, but that doesn't mean it's fun or satisfying.
    That's wha......nevermind, too easy.

:D

No joke is ever too easy to make. Remember that.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I liked taking my Ice/Radiation Controller into PVP in City of X. I couldn't kill anybody, but I sure made them wish they were dead :D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    bmcdonald wrote:
    I liked taking my Ice/Radiation Controller into PVP in City of X. I couldn't kill anybody, but I sure made them wish they were dead :D

Try mind/storm before they changed it way back when. :[

TK, Snowstorm, Freezing rain, and hurricane.

They'd just slowly float through the air and there was nothing they could do about it.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ethNargy wrote:
    Try mind/storm before they changed it way back when. :[

TK, Snowstorm, Freezing rain, and hurricane.

They'd just slowly float through the air and there was nothing they could do about it.

My Mind Control/Force Field Controller could kill, barely, but could not be killed :D
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    bmcdonald wrote:

My cripple shot ranger in Guild Wars was the same. Took forever to kill a melee but made him hate me every second he limped around unable to catchup with his target.