test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there a webpage with all the powers listed?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Champions Online Discussion
I haven't found one yet.

Each time I think about logging into the game, I decide not to because I haven't planned out how I want to switch around my character. I haven't planned it out because I don''t know of a site on which I can do this (much like blizzard offers for planning talent trees). I don't want to use the character builder download because I don't want to install it on each different computer I use, and I have no idea how recently it was updated.

Sorry if this sounds like a whine - it's not meant to be. It's simply to explain why I'd really like the power trees listed on an official cryptic-owned page. If it exists and I've missed it, I'd appreciate it if someone can point me to it.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Discofiend wrote:
    I haven't found one yet.

Each time I think about logging into the game, I decide not to because I haven't planned out how I want to switch around my character. I haven't planned it out because I don''t know of a site on which I can do this (much like blizzard offers for planning talent trees). I don't want to use the character builder download because I don't want to install it on each different computer I use, and I have no idea how recently it was updated.

Sorry if this sounds like a whine - it's not meant to be. It's simply to explain why I'd really like the power trees listed on an official cryptic-owned page. If it exists and I've missed it, I'd appreciate it if someone can point me to it.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=29997

builder

1st post here

:p

oops didnt read your post.

http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Framework

wiki there but not that good.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    KCZY wrote:
    http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=29997

builder

1st post here

oops didnt read your post.

http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Framework

wiki there but not that good.

Thanks very much for trying, i definitely appreciate the effort. I knew about the wiki, but also (unfortunately) knew it was incomplete ;-)

I guess I was mostly hoping that cryptic put a page up the way that blizzard did (and NCSoft did with their wiki, I believe - not sure).
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Discofiend wrote:
    Thanks very much for trying, i definitely appreciate the effort. I knew about the wiki, but also (unfortunately) knew it was incomplete ;-)

I guess I was mostly hoping that cryptic put a page up the way that blizzard did (and NCSoft did with their wiki, I believe - not sure).

If a powerbuilder can be setup offline, there's no reason it couldn't be setup online. It would just require the power information to be updated on a regular (or semi-regular) basis. I'm not sure why some of the websites don't just get with the people who did Champion Builder and use the xml data for an online site doing mostly the same thing. At the very least you could have a power browser.

P.S. In fact, since the champion builder uses xml files for data, some enterprising CO user could setup an XSL stylesheet and it would more or less be done.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If a powerbuilder can be setup offline, there's no reason it couldn't be setup online. It would just require the power information to be updated on a regular (or semi-regular) basis. I'm not sure why some of the websites don't just get with the people who did Champion Builder and use the xml data for an online site doing mostly the same thing. At the very least you could have a power browser.

P.S. In fact, since the champion builder uses xml files for data, some enterprising CO user could setup an XSL stylesheet and it would more or less be done.

Yah, that'd be pretty awesome. The main problem I see is that someone would have to manually transpose all the data from in-game to the online database if cryptic is unwilling to do so.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Discofiend wrote:
    Yah, that'd be pretty awesome. The main problem I see is that someone would have to manually transpose all the data from in-game to the online database if cryptic is unwilling to do so.

Someone (being the championBuilder guys) is already doing this. I don't know if it's an individual or a team effort. They are pulling the data and compiling it very neatly into an XML file. It's almost (but not quite) human readable. Ditto for talents and superstats.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Why not pop open the in game powers UI and start by looking down the list of powers?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Amasilver wrote:
    Why not pop open the in game powers UI and start by looking down the list of powers?

Can't do it at work.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Can't do it at work.

You shouldnt do it at work