test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Grond and other huge brutes

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Champions Online Discussion
As anyone made a list of those huge enemies which sometimes spawn?

I guess we all know Grond and I just saw a level 40 flying bug/alien thing called Queen Ashira or so in Milenium City (right at Ren Center).
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009
    That might have been an actual player you saw. Somehow there are folks able to make themselves gigantic, and not a single one of them will say how they are doing it. Which makes me think they're exploiting a game mechanic perhaps?

I see several people doign it now, and they swarm to the Ren Center to showoff.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Xinra wrote:
    That might have been an actual player you saw. Somehow there are folks able to make themselves gigantic, and not a single one of them will say how they are doing it. Which makes me think they're exploiting a game mechanic perhaps?

I saw it somewhere here in the forums, someone stated that it is a device that is bugged. It is supposed to give you a single boost of growth, but it's able to be triggered multiple times to make players huge. Of course everyone immediately goes to Ren Center and does a "look at me!" walk around the Powerhouse there.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    They Big Guys are Grond, Kigatilik, Mega-Terak and Teleiosaurus. Haven't seen any big guy in Lemuria yet.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Xinra wrote:

You are right, that could be. Haven't bothered to check for hostility or not. Also soon after 2 other huge guys appeared there, but they were easily recognizable as players.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Xinra wrote:

they might have that old qulaar mutagen from the OB that made you into a 40 foot version of yourself. Unless that got fixed and it was retroactive. In which case.....

Its a witch!!:eek:
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well I had to to be a curmudgen, but I hope it gets nerfed / fixed soon.

On a funny note, the gigantic players were all complaining that all they could see were their ankles. Haha. I guess their camaera angle didn't adjust to the growth boost.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    They Big Guys are Grond, Kigatilik, Mega-Terak and Teleiosaurus. Haven't seen any big guy in Lemuria yet.

Qmjymbo the Ape is in MI well. Mega-Terak doesn't really count as he is a quest.

Also there are non cosmic random super villians and master villians unrelated to quests but that yield perks and drop nice items. The Dersert and Lemuria both contain mobs like these.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Xinra wrote:
    Well I had to to be a curmudgen, but I hope it gets nerfed / fixed soon.

On a funny note, the gigantic players were all complaining that all they could see were their ankles. Haha. I guess their camaera angle didn't adjust to the growth boost.

That's cuz they is nobs that don't know how to adjust camera distance using / commands.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Maakrabe wrote:
    they might have that old qulaar mutagen from the OB that made you into a 40 foot version of yourself. Unless that got fixed and it was retroactive. In which case.....

Its a witch!!:eek:

nope its the injector
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Lohr wrote:

yep, the big shark mission is still bugged :(
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Also Qwjimbo and the level 42 Legendary firebird thingie that hovers in one spot on Monster Island that doubles as a PvP event.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The Desert has Grond, Hangin' Judge Hensley a level 10 legendary spawned for the Hang 'em high public quest. and an occasional spawn of a Super Villain level Qularr that spawns in Are 51

Canada has Kigatilik and his 4 legendary(tough) hounds, and Rictus a Super Villain(tough) you fight in the Dead on Arrival public quest.

M. City has the Mega Destroid and Viper X(may just be a super villain, haven't been over there with him in a while) who are spawned by a public quest.

Monster Island has Teleiosaurus, Qwijibo, Simorgh, and Mega-Terak, yes he's a quest mob, but he's still a legendary that patrols the area and can be taken down whenever,

Lemuria has the Flying Dutchman, and the Megalodon haven't seen any other legendary or cosmics down there yet.