test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Villains, Vandals and Vermin

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Gameplay Bugs
Called Bunker Buster in the mission log.

This mission has got some problems. The VO's for Monolith and Machinist are not correct. Machinist talks too quickly and Monolith changes voice actor mid speech.

Doors can become 'non-glowy', especially the door that leads to the hallway from the robot room. Found this happened if you freed both Heroes from disintegration. Which is also another bug, because when I did, they didn't leave the room, just stayed on their platforms.

Lastly, if your playing solo and are defeated in the War room, there's a good chance your Nemesis will become impossible to defeat and the mission will be impossible to complete.

The kicker being you can't abandon the mission since its a follow-up, and its given automatically if you don't have it, but have completed the mission involving Doctor Ohm and the Death-ray plans. Which means that you can get stuck with a nemesis mission you can't complete OR skip. Annoying.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I had the same voiceover problems. My nemesis wouldn't fight back but could not be defeated either.
    edited September 2009
    I ran into a similar thing when I attempted this mission. Aside from the speedy voiceover, once I'd cleared all the other rooms and was ready to head into the war room, I found the door had become unusuable. The progress tracker shows everything done except for the Stasis Room (not sure where that's supposed to be if it's not on the way to the War Room) and the War Room.

The kicker was I put in a GM request on the issue and six minutes later got a response that they weren't able to recreate the issue so I was SOL. Guess I'll just have to wait for a server reset and try it again.
    edited September 2009
    A dev has commented that they took care of the bugs (except for VO stuff) on this mission.
    Garaf wrote:
    I ran into a similar thing when I attempted this mission. Aside from the speedy voiceover, once I'd cleared all the other rooms and was ready to head into the war room, I found the door had become unusuable. The progress tracker shows everything done except for the Stasis Room (not sure where that's supposed to be if it's not on the way to the War Room) and the War Room.

The kicker was I put in a GM request on the issue and six minutes later got a response that they weren't able to recreate the issue so I was SOL. Guess I'll just have to wait for a server reset and try it again.

The stasis room is off to the side of the robot room. This mission requires you to do all other rooms before you can go into the war room.
    edited September 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    A dev has commented that they took care of the bugs (except for VO stuff) on this mission.

The stasis room is off to the side of the robot room. This mission requires you to do all other rooms before you can go into the war room.

So it is! Thanks. I'd flown back and forth through here a number of times but must not have spotted it behind the wall.
    edited September 2009
    I have been doing this mission today and yesterday. It has only taken me two days because I've had to attempt it about 5 separate times.

The first time I was solo and aside from the horrible voiceovers in the cutscenes, it worked fine until I got to the room with Red Winter and the other super villains. My game simply froze and then crashed prompting me to send a message to cryptic why it crashed. I'm not really sure why this happened.

The second attempt was with a friend. When I got to the room with the huge robots and used the computer, the door that leads to the rest of the base wouldn't unlock. So I would try to free the people in the stasis room. When we tried to simultaneously release the prisoners the tubes around them wouldn't shut down so I was stuck there also.

Third attempt read above. Exact same thing.

My fourth attempt was a solo attempt again. Releasing just one stasis field worked as I wasn't fast enough to release both on my own anyways. I played through the entire map and when I got to the War room (nemesis room) I died. Upon returning, my nemesis was stuck and when I took all his health he did nothing.

My fifth attempt I was actually able to complete the mission since I knew what to avoid and when to not die etc.

This mission is awesome and super fun if only it weren't plagued by so many bugs. For a nemesis mission it seems like it should have gone smoother. This is a game about heroes after all. You should be able to fight your nemesis without such issues.

And what is with the guy talking over himself? Do some supervillains have super voiceboxes so they can talk while they talk?
    edited September 2009
    We will see if the devs actually follow this stuff.. but we just encountered the same problem.. We attempted to release both superheros from their force fields. When we did this.. It caused neither of them to drop.. and we could go no further in the mission.

Being superheros would you think that we would try to release both??.. :D
    edited October 2009
    Worked fine for me right up until I died in the War Room. Same thing happened to me as others here; run back the War Room after spawning at the entrance and the nemesis is unresponsive. I can kill him but he doesn't fall and I don't get credit for the kill. Ticket to the GM and the first thing he asks is, 'Did you die while fighting your nemesis?' Well YEAH, I did.

Though to be specific, I died while in the dogpile of my nemesis, villains, hero helpers, and field drones that keep me from MOVING because I can't PASS THRU THEM. He sez, "Don't die. Dying causes this glitch".

/facedesk

He did say he was filing it as a bug, and the mission is actually pretty fun minus the ridiculous "don't die" solution.
    edited October 2009
    Well, until they fix the bug that is causing it, there is not more they can do. Sadly GMs in this game aren't equipped to help with situations like that.
    edited October 2009
    I tried this mission probably 10 times if not more. Here is what i did to complete it. Get at least two friends to come with you, have them stand outside the door in canada. Leave the party and go in. Do everything in the motor pool and then kill cybercide and the giant robot. Check to see if the door to the hallway will open. Then join back up with your friends and have them come in. The reason I did this is because everytime i started with someone in the party with me that door to the hallway would not open. Anytime I came in there alone it would open but i would die in the war room thus bugging the nemesis. When you get to the war room run out immediately after the cutscene because all 7 supervillians will aggro on you. After your friends have taken some of the aggro run back in and help them. Try to kill the nemesis first just in case you die.
    Barring that the only bugs i saw were Cybercide's dialogue mixing together and the motorpool villian having morticus's speech.
    edited November 2009
    Dardove wrote:

I'm in the mission right now - second time around, since apparently I didn't get credit for it when I cleared it out before, probably due to the forementioned unkillable nemesis thing.

It's acting as buggy as heck - the voiceover stuff is certainly not fixed.
    edited January 2010
    I have done everything in this list but Rescue Commander Hausser, is he in the War Room? I can't get the war room door to be workable?
    edited January 2010
    SU_Ice wrote:
    I have done everything in this list but Rescue Commander Hausser, is he in the War Room? I can't get the war room door to be workable?

No, he is not in the war room. He is in a side room near the barracks. When you get to the intersection at the end of the base, take a right. About halway down the hall on the left is a doorway. He will be inside there.
    edited April 2010
    if you havent cleared certain rooms, you cannot go forward. That said finding the rooms on the side halls is cake. Zoom your map in and look for red dots on the walls
    edited April 2010
    Mangle_Paw wrote:
    if you havent cleared certain rooms, you cannot go forward. That said finding the rooms on the side halls is cake. Zoom your map in and look for red dots on the walls

Any reason for necroing this thread?
    edited August 2010
    Dardove wrote:
    Any reason for necroing this thread?

Because its still an issue, and GM's apparently are powerless to help.
    edited August 2010
    medwayman wrote:
    Because its still an issue, and GM's apparently are powerless to help.

The only "issue" is some people don't notice the side rooms. The mission works just fine.
    edited August 2010
    Dardove wrote:
    The only "issue" is some people don't notice the side rooms. The mission works just fine.

Not so. I've had a ticket open for weeks because the mission randomly decides I haven't cleared rooms which I obviously have. GM's even validated something is still up.

But don't let that get in the way of showing disdain for those who have different experiences than you.
    edited January 2011
    I've tried this mission at least a dozen times. I can't get the lab to clear. And yes, I have checked all the side rooms and taken care of all the baddies. The good news is, I've picked up a couple nice drops along the way. Any thoughts on clearing this would be appreciated.

P.S. I ran this last year with one of my other characters no problem.
  • captactionmk2captactionmk2 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I died in an earlier room. When I got to the War Room, the nemesis would not die after hitting 0/health. So to me it seems the call to the victory cutscene was lost in the scramble.

This is still an issue. I guess I'll try the mission again but with difficulty set to normal. It bugged out while I played on elite, solo; with my cast of dozens of rescued friends.
  • phoinx00phoinx00 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having this issue right now! Nemesis can't be defeated - even though she has 0 HP.

Any workaround for this?
    "The deeds make the hero."
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Exit, let reset (wait 6 minutes), enter, profit.
    If 'profit' doesn't apply, refer to 'Exit'. Repeat.
    If 'Repeat' doesn't end in 'profit' after 5 tries. Change nemesis power set. Refer to 'enter'.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • phoinx00phoinx00 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Exit, let reset (wait 6 minutes), enter, profit.
    If 'profit' doesn't apply, refer to 'Exit'. Repeat.
    If 'Repeat' doesn't end in 'profit' after 5 tries. Change nemesis power set. Refer to 'enter'.

Change nemesis powerset? Her powers? Like, from Might to Ice?

Already did the mission many times (I believe 5).

EDIT: I repeated the mission one more time (without changing anything). My allied heroes didn't attack in the War Room, but my Nemesis and the enemies did. I got to defeat all of them alone, but completed the mission.
    Thank you!
    "The deeds make the hero."
  • groudonknightgroudonknight Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can this mission be fixed? Im stuck on this mission and i cant get on with the story. Is there any way to beat this mission?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Scroll up....Maybe.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • groudonknightgroudonknight Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I looked and found out i have to clear the mission WITHOUT dying. Doing a mission like this without dying is very hard for me.