test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Retcon Advice

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Builds and Roles
I've been working out my spec and trying to identify and fix all the mistakes I made picking powers as I leveled up. Here is the spec I plan to go with when we get our free Retcons later this week. Please have a look and give me any advice that you can, because the way this game goes, if I mess up on this Retcon, I'll probably be stuck as a flawed character indefinitely.

Please reply with criticism and advice. Your input would be most appreciated.

Build by championBuilder 0.3.2

Download this Build here.

: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
Level 5: Super Recovery
Level 13: Super Constitution

Powers:
Level 1: Shadow Bolt -- Rank 2
Level 1: Lash -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 5: Regeneration -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 5: Teleport -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 8: Iron Cyclone -- Rank 2, Vortex Technique
Level 11: Devour Essence -- Rank 2, Rank 3
Level 14: Resurgence -- Rank 2
Level 17: Condemn -- Rank 2
Level 20: Iron Lariat
Level 23: Aspect Of The Inferno
Level 26: Force Shield -- Rank 2, Force Sheath
Level 29: Ego Sprites -- Rank 2, Slave Mentality
Level 32: Ball Lightning -- Rank 2, Triplicity
Level 35: Supernatural Power
Level 35: Fire Flight -- Rank 2
Level 38: Sigils Of Ebon Weakness

Talents:
Level 1: Inhuman
Level 6: Quick Recovery
Level 9: Amazing Stamina
Level 12: Boundless Reserves
Level 15: Paramilitary Training
Level 18: Field Ops Training
Level 21: Tireless

Thoughts?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Bumping this, in hopes of getting some replies. :p
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'll go ahead and bump yours by including mine as well for the upcoming free retcon. About half of your build for the most part seems fine, however, some of the powers I have no experience with and cannot comment on those. I do question ego sprites though since the DoTs are weak and the HoT is low and takes a bit to actually start healing you. Either way, it sucks. I noticed you didn't have a single target hold power although I guess a fully charged Condemn holds multiple foes, but is not as strong hold wise and must be charged while rooted. Are you using Condemn for the damage, or for the hold if you had to choose? If it's the latter you might consider ego storm with the advantage which turns it into a fire and forget AoE hold while significantly lowering its damage. I am by no means well versed in the Supernatural tree so one who has more experience with it would be more helpful assuming you wish to stay (for the most part) within that set.

I've been using a build similar to this one and I've done well, but lacked any real defense. I am saving my final level 38 power point and my 2 level 40 advantage points for the Celestial power set in hopes of nabbing on more ranged AoE of at least 50 feet. Right now that build, not including the end builder, has exactly six survival/support powers and six offensive powers. Focusing on End/Rec/Con has done wonders for me, and not just because the way they scale with the high costs of some of my powers/regen/resurgence/

Niraya: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
    Level 5: Super Endurance
    Level 13: Super Recovery

Powers:
    Level 1: Electric Bolt
    Level 1: Ice Blast -- Rank 2
    Level 5: Sparkstorm -- Rank 2, Electric Personality
    Level 5: Teleport -- Rank 2
    Level 8: Regeneration -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Level 11: Shadow Embrace -- Rank 2, Fatal Allure
    Level 14: Force Shield -- Rank 2, Force Sheath
    Level 17: Conflagration -- Rank 2
    Level 20: Resurgence -- Rank 2
    Level 23: Force Eruption -- Rank 2
    Level 26: Ego Hold -- Rank 2
    Level 29: Circle Of Primal Dominion -- Rank 2
    Level 32: Snow Storm -- Rank 2, Eye Of The Storm
    Level 35: Field Surge -- Rank 2

Talents:
    Level 1: Abyssal
    Level 6: Amazing Stamina
    Level 9: Negotiator
    Level 12: Quick Recovery
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves
    Level 18: Healthy Mind
    Level 21: Investigator
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hmm . . . good point. I may replace Iron Lariat with a single target hold of some sort. But which one? That is the question. And is Iron Lariat that necessary, since it sucks for damage and is really only a pull things to you kind of ability?

What do you think of replacing Iron Lariat with Crippling Coils?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Xeiros wrote:
    I'll go ahead and bump yours by including mine as well for the upcoming free retcon. About half of your build for the most part seems fine, however, some of the powers I have no experience with and cannot comment on those. I do question ego sprites though since the DoTs are weak and the HoT is low and takes a bit to actually start healing you. Either way, it sucks. I always you didn't have a single target hold power although I guess a fully charged Condemn holds multiple, but is not a strong and must be charged while rooted. Are you using Condemn for the damage or for the hold if you had to choose? If it's the latter you might consider ego storm with the advantage which turns it into a fire and forget AoE hold while significantly lowering its damage. I am by no means well versed in the Supernatural tree so one who has more experience with it would be more helpful asuming you wish to stay (for the most part) within that set.

I've been using a build similar to this one and I've done well, but lacked any real defense. I am saving my final level 38 power point and my 2 level 40 advantage points for the Celestial power set in hopes of nabbing on more ranged AoE of at least 50 feet. Right now that build, not including the end builder, has exactly six survival/support powers and six offensive powers. Focusing on End/Rec/Con has done wonders for me, and not just because the way they scale with the high costs of some of my powers/regen/resurgence/

Niraya: Level 40 Champion

Superstats:
    Level 5: Super Endurance
    Level 13: Super Recovery

Powers:
    Level 1: Electric Bolt
    Level 1: Ice Blast -- Rank 2
    Level 5: Sparkstorm -- Rank 2, Electric Personality
    Level 5: Teleport -- Rank 2
    Level 8: Regeneration -- Rank 2, Rank 3
    Level 11: Shadow Embrace -- Rank 2, Fatal Allure
    Level 14: Force Shield -- Rank 2, Force Sheath
    Level 17: Conflagration -- Rank 2
    Level 20: Resurgence -- Rank 2
    Level 23: Force Eruption -- Rank 2
    Level 26: Ego Hold -- Rank 2
    Level 29: Circle Of Primal Dominion -- Rank 2
    Level 32: Snow Storm -- Rank 2, Eye Of The Storm
    Level 35: Field Surge -- Rank 2

Talents:
    Level 1: Abyssal
    Level 6: Amazing Stamina
    Level 9: Negotiator
    Level 12: Quick Recovery
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves
    Level 18: Healthy Mind
    Level 21: Investigator

Based on the powers that I know, this looks like a pretty solid build. It's similar to a caster build I've been toying around with, and I'll surely use some of your ideas in that build.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    As far as single target holds go many are similar. Avoid containment field as it adds a shield to the enemy which lowers damage. I believe they all have a range of 50 feet. Some holds have a CD that you might want to consider. Ego hold's for example is 10 seconds. Electrocute seems to be a powerful hold, however, unlike others such as Binding of Araton, you are rooted while charging it up and its CD is 15 seconds with a slightly higher end cost than others.

I say keep iron lariat. It may not do much damage wise, but its pull effect is quite nice. I've been on the receiving end myself a few times. It keeps them close for a melee attack (ego/id blades) or pbaoe attack for example. That's saying only if you find its pull effect useful in synergy with your other powers.