test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

make superspeed less terrible

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
Hi. Mobs shouldn't aggro to you when you are super speeding. Or alternately the chance to slow down when hit should be much less for super speedsters.

The fact that in an area full of badguys where you want to get to a specific subpart of that area or engage a specific mob you will train half the area along with you to your destination where they will proceed to kill you makes super speed nearly unusable compared to other travel powers, especially those with vertical components. Why should nearly every other travel power get to pick their engagements and super speed not?

I'm fine getting hit a few times as I move through a densely populated area but I don't want to have this huge line of mobs chasing after me, showing up 10 or 15 seconds after I stop running and I'm already in the middle of a fight with a group of mobs who I want to fight. Of course this wouldn't have been a problem during the early start when a hero could actually handle 5+ henchmen, but all that changed on launch day.

Time to shelve another character pending changes.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    gmfaux wrote:
    Hi. Mobs shouldn't aggro to you when you are super speeding. Or alternately the chance to slow down when hit should be much less for super speedsters.

The fact that in an area full of badguys where you want to get to a specific subpart of that area or engage a specific mob you will train half the area along with you to your destination where they will proceed to kill you makes super speed nearly unusable compared to other travel powers, especially those with vertical components. Why should nearly every other travel power get to pick their engagements and super speed not?

I'm fine getting hit a few times as I move through a densely populated area but I don't want to have this huge line of mobs chasing after me, showing up 10 or 15 seconds after I stop running and I'm already in the middle of a fight with a group of mobs who I want to fight. Of course this wouldn't have been a problem during the early start when a hero could actually handle 5+ henchmen, but all that changed on launch day.

Time to shelve another character pending changes.

I agree, I hate running around and get zapped by someone slowing me down then the mobs that I've aggro'd show up and kick my butt.