test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Customizing Starting Stats- a Thought

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
During Beta, there were a bunch of additional Innate Talents (groups of starting stats), each of which had 4 10s and 4 5s- by contrast, the Hero Innate Talent has 6 8s and 2 6s, while the more specialized Innate Talents each have 2 12s and 6 4s (doing this from memory, so I apologize if I've gotten anything wrong). While I'd be very happy just to have the missing Innate Talents back (without losing custom framework access to the ones already in the game), it strikes me that it should be pretty simple to allow more customization. You'd allow players to first choose the level of specialization- Unspecialized, Medium, or Specialized. Unspecialized characters would have 6 8s and 2 6s they could assign however they wanted; Medium characters would have 4 10s and 4 5s they could likewise assign; and Specialized characters would have 2 12s and 6 4s they could assign. Yes, I can see that the problem would be allowing players to respec these starting stats, but I have a thought about that, as well. You could let players choose the level of customization they want; at the least amount, it would work the way it currently does when you choose a pre-existing framework; at medium customization, it would work the way it currently does for custom frameworks, with the pre-existing Innate Talents (hopefully with the addition of the ones which were removed from the game). Only players who choose the greatest amount of customization would get access to the system I've suggested- and, for now, as a price to pay for the added customization, they would be unable to respec their starting stats- hopefully, eventually they would, but for now, players would have to choose between greater customization and the ability to respec their beginning stats. Players who chose the lower levels of customization would have no less customization than they currently have (more, if the missing Innate Talents were added)- this would simply add an additional option for those players to whom the added customization would be important enough to forgo the ability to respec starting stats, and hopefully eventually they wouldn't have to make that trade off.

Comments