test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Change the way Free Retcons work

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
I've just used a Free Retcon, which removed all my power selections as intended. The problem came afterwards. I started selecting the powers I wanted, but I bought a single power I didn't want by mistake. Now this didn't worry me, because I knew that powers doesn't lock before you leave the power house... However that didn't seem to be the case with my Free Retcon. The power had locked immidiately upon selection, and it will now cost me around 4g to recton my mistake. Which is 3 times more than I've earned by playing so far.

I suggest that you do one of two things. Option one is changing the way a free retcon works, so it doesn't lock before leaving the power house. This would be the most intuitive solution, since it brings the system in line with the normal power selection rules. Option two is warning the player that the powers selected will lock immidiately.

As it stands I got zero warning, and ticketing a GM for assistance had zero effect. The GM fully understood and sympatised with my problem but didn't have the authority to do anything about it. So he suggested that I'd just wait for the next free respec being handed out to head start players. Until then I can't play my main character which is very unsatisfying, since I'm actually have a life besides CO and thus limited playing time. This will put him a lot of levels behind the rest of my SG members... :(