test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Supergroup Hideout and Missions

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
First off, i'm really enjoying the game so, thank you.

I also appreciate you spending alot of time getting things right rather than adding new content and i hope the trend continues.

This suggestion is for the eventual Guildhall aka supergroup hideout that i'm sure is already in the works.

A few sugetions about the Hideout.

1. Customization. One of the things that draws people to games like this is customization. Allow us to make the hideouts unique to our super group. This includes cash sinks for useful and aesthetic items like crafting tables, vendors, travel(to and from hubs). Even allow super expensive yet completely useless perks that individuals can buy with perk/villan points etc for their guild base (an example would be a wanted poster of my villain that i would pay a certain amount of perks for, then someone else could come along and add theirs in replacing or going beside mine).

2. Location. Set up 10-20 basic locations. Make them real world locations in canada/desert/MC (basically the places you can get to post crisis). Make it so that you can travel to them via plane or via real world real time travel. If my secret base is a crashed out alien space craft outside of area 51 then allow me to go to a travel plane and go directly there or go to the deasert and teleport/fly/dig my way there.

3. Visitors. Since they are real world locations, allow me to take those in my group to my secret base even if they are not in my guild. That way we can RP, have guild events, or use it as a base of operations. Plus i get to show off how cool my hideout is.

4. Personal Space. Allow for an individual room that we can go to to show off our accomplishments, perks can be shown off via newspaper cut outs or commic books, make it customizable based on the characters accomplishments.

5. Training. Allow guilds to purchase a training arena that would put any supergroup's arena to shame, allow for 5 vs 5 battles that have no drops and no reward what so ever, it is purely there for fun and training. Allow visitors to participate. Allow a controller to change settings in the simulator like weather, time of day, and allow them to add environmental hazards. We've all seen scenes where supergroups are in a training room facing lighting, snow, lava and blasters all at the same time. Give us something like that at some point.

6. Supergroup events. Think of it as Dungeon mastering a comic book. Have scenarios that a team leader can choose and modify to some degree ahead of time. I know this is a difficult thing to implement but allowing guild groups to take on customized quests and raids will lengthen the game replayability considerably. Imagine getting a group of 5 or more if possible together, crafting a raid that involves several super villains in several locations throughout the game. Maby DR destroyer has recruited 3 of the groups Super villains to make the 3 largest super destroids and destroy the city again. Throw the city in crisis mode and have these 5 super groups complete several tasks that culminate with giant robot versions of their super villains destroying the city (you could do this by simply replacing the head and legs of each villain with robot parts, keepe everything else the same including colors) It would give the game that whole "you saved the world from certain doom" feel and you would have endless replayability by having several interchangable parts, some custom twists and a modifyable difficulty with gear reflecting the difficulty. Lets say an average difficulty raid has 10 stages to it, now the group leader could hand pick each part but he could also insert a random selection at any one or all of the stages. So in my Dr Destroyer example above, you know you want to end with fighting giant versions of your villains but you dont care how you get there, so the previous 9 parts could be random involving random villains then the 10th part could be very specific.

eh, just a wish list, but i personally hope some of it gets implemented and while the "choose your own adventure" part will probably not, it would deffinitely extend the life of the game if guilds could customize their own raids and determine the difficulty which would then determine the loot.