test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cosmetic slot for Power Replacers

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
Admittedly this is probably not going to be high priority - but it's something I think is a good idea >.>

You see, every so often you find a power replacer that gives your equipment a really fantastic look - not just a new model, but rather the whole shebang is what makes it look good.

Some power replacers glow, others shoot unusual projectiles, etc...

But sadly no matter how good the power replacer is (and sadly most aren't very good) - you'll eventually have to replace it with something that may not look nearly as cool or concept-fitting.

Thus this proposal: A slot next to the equipment tab where, if you place a power replacer inside, you'll see *only* the cosmetic effects of that power replacer. None of the stat bonuses, not the procs - just the unusual look. (Example: A4 Frosty Cryo Rifle - if your character really aught to have an ice-shooting rifle, this is your option... unfortunately it's not a particularly good enhancer, and using the model at the tailor only allows the model - not the ice-shooting part >.<)

I also mention this because it allows us to still use models we unlock without the glows/buzzes/blasts if we so choose - and choices are good imo.

Heck, ideally I'd suggest several "Cosmetic" slots for these, because some power sets (Munitions especially) have power replacers that affect only a narrow band of it's powers at a time (just AR, just Minigun, just the pistol attacks, etc...); but I'd gladly settle for just one right now.

Just thought I'd put this out here before I hop back in-game >.<
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I don't know if this is what your talking about but when you go to the tailor/costume editor there is a section on changing weapon models.

Unfortunately the glows aren't there and you can't see the replacers that you are choosing.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, that's exactly why I'm suggesting this hehe...

The unlocked models are fantastic, don't get me wrong! But sometimes what makes a power replacer interesting is the way it alters the overall look of a power.

Like with the ice-rifle example in the OP - your assault rifle power, while using that power replacer, shoots bursts of *ice* at people. Or the Qularr pistols, which shoot a disgusting blast of.. well I don't want to speculate, but it's not pleasant <,<

Unlocking the models at the tailor is good; and sometimes i prefer to use them that way with the default power-looks; but other times it's nice to have the whole package, and a slot to allow you to use them for merely cosmetic purposes would do that.

(That explain better? Sorry it wasn't clear on the first go - exhaustion does that to my writing ability heh)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ya it does.

So technically they have it all ready, they just need a vastly improved version.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Check out my ideas about revamping the power replacers system Here!

The idea would also provide a way to slot power replacers to individual powers, allowing you to customize all powers instead of just attacks, and it would allow the power replacers to retain any audio/visual effects which could also be turned on and off.