test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stealth power

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
I just thought i would make this suggestion.
I made a character and called him Reaper, he's kind of a dark magic, soul reaper kind of character (he uses sopernatural and darkness) yet when i went to find a stealth power for him i couldn't find a good one, so i thought that i would just come on here and put in a suggestion for some sort of stealth or invisbility power for the supernatural or darkness power sets.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    max93123 wrote:
    I just thought i would make this suggestion.
    I made a character and called him Reaper, he's kind of a dark magic, soul reaper kind of character (he uses sopernatural and darkness) yet when i went to find a stealth power for him i couldn't find a good one, so i thought that i would just come on here and put in a suggestion for some sort of stealth or invisbility power for the supernatural or darkness power sets.

Martial arts frameworks have stealth in them.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I believe gadget also has smoke bomb which would emulate your ninja style disappearing act. I suppose the matter is not just having stealth powers but making them different enough rather than the same thing only different appearances.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yes i saw those stealth powers, but hw often do soul reapers using dark magic throw a smoke bomb or start sneaking about. I'm looking for some sort of invisiblity or, like a Darkness Shroud, or something.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Probably wont find or get one. When you add things that remove the player from the plane of attack it becomes difficult to balance.

Look at some of the issues that CoH had with it. It allowed you to drop combat with another player instantly if the power required a target. It allowed people to bypass mobs of a mission entirely if there were only clickies involved.

Basically it made it so nothing could touch you unless you wanted it to, or it was an enemy that could break invisibility.

Your best bet is to grab sneak if you really want a stealth power. it can be broken (by getting too close and making enemies aware to you) and cannot be used in combat, but it has tactical advantages when used right.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    OP:

Just because a power is called "sneak" doesn't mean you have to RP it that your character is simply skulking around. You can RP it any way you want - if you want it to enshroud you in darkness, or you cloud people's minds to hide yourself, then there's nothing stopping you...