test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A longer story box.

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
I think that the box you write your story in during character creation should have a higher character limit. I was very frustrated when I ran out of room in the middle of making my character's bio.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Agreed. The space provided needs to be doubled, AT LEAST. Tripled would be even better. If someone's willing to put the thought into a character's background, they should have the space to show it off.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Adding my voice. I also would like higher character limit for back story. THanks you :)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Bump for great justice.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Agreed also. I have a great story for a demon character I have but I had to sum it up and cram it in the bio box as best as I could.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I want a higher limit too.

And I also want to be able to press return to break the text up too.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Agree with this thread. Not a game-breaker but it would be very nice.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It'd be wonderful to see this implemented.

There have been a few mentions of this, most of these threads hit 3 pages or got close, then sank.
    I don't think that's an indication of lack of interest, but more an indication of unfocused lobbying on our parts.

More space would be well recieved by those who'd use it, and no issue to those who don't.
    I can't see a downside to it's addition.

At first I thought we were getting a smaller in game bio/description space, and a larger area on the website character page, so we could direct folks who were interested to our more detailed background and keep the smaller, load friendlier version in game.
    However the space on the website is identical in size to the in game bio, and to compound this the character section of the website seems to have done a runner.

That is, it's been nicked.
    I blame Foxbat.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    /agree

If you look at the character screen, it appears that you have a large amount of space. As it turns out, you can't even use half of it. At a bare minimum, let us make use of all that empty space.