test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3 cool things I'd like to see

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
1) Emblems on the back of jackets.

2) Having tooltips show what advantages your powers have attached to them besides rank

3) A new travel power, Super Swim (for all those Namor & Aquaman fans out there. I know they exist). Limited in use, it would be a good choice for a secondary travel power, basically Flight speed under water.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm not sure I see the pheasability of swim.
    It would be like not having a travel power 90% of the time.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thay why I mentioned having it as the second travel power...
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Badger wrote:

2) Having tooltips show what advantages your powers have attached to them besides rank

3) A new travel power, Super Swim (for all those Namor & Aquaman fans out there. I know they exist). Limited in use, it would be a good choice for a secondary travel power, basically Flight speed under water.

Also just having more emblems in general would be nice. It would be great if you could make a custom logo for your costume.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Badger wrote:

You do realize you can go Flight speed under water with.. Flight, right?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Serps wrote:
    You do realize you can go Flight speed under water with.. Flight, right?

No I didn't. Now I know.. and knowing's half the battle, they say. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The emblems on the back of jackets is something I'm suprised to learn we don't already have.
    Seems like such an obvious one to have available...

I do concur that swimming may be a bit redundant to warrent the time it'd take to implement, but what about a slightly different take on it?

A spout of water, projected around, slightly ahead of and behind the character...
    The character swims through the air inside the cloud of water.
    Essentially it'd be a combination of the sheath effect of the firepower (albeit modified) and the wake from the ice slide power.
    Underwater the sphere of water and ambient water would blend together (in an ideal world) to give the illusion of a powerful wake accompanying the characters movement.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Gohozoq wrote:
    I'm not sure I see the pheasability of swim.
    It would be like not having a travel power 90% of the time.

LOL, but for the auqaman fans that exists, it would make it feel more authentic to have a power that only is useful 10% of the time!

Also, why not emblems on capes as well? As with more cape patterns?

Also, custom emblems would be nice, I guess they worry people will fill their backs with ***** (edit, proper name for male genitalia is censored but none of the rest of this?), boob, and swastika images, but maybe even a sort of build from arranging shapes from Cryptic would be nice. Because then the emblem could be used to plaster on everywhere, including inevitable bases and such.