test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question regarding Mass Researching items

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Items and Crafting
I know that the devs have stated that if you don't care about the skill ups you can just mass research a bunch of items at once to get the materials, but my question is this

If I mass research my inventory of items all at once, will I have the opportunity to gain MULTIPLE epiphany items? i.e. if I have enough items to do 4 5/5 researches, would it be possible that I could get all 4 epiphany items from doing them all at once (I know that's massively unlikely, but just wondering if it's possible).

Mainly I'm just worried that the max epiphanies you can get from a single research attempt is one and that I'll be shooting myself in the foot if I mass research items.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I doubt it. Stick to the minimum number you think you need at all times.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So far from my tests the best has been to do as many researchs as possible. Thus minimizing mass researchs.

As in... if I want insights from the current tier, just do as many 5/5 as possible, as opposed to do one 5/5 with a dozen items on it.

I never got more than one insight per craft and I'm 300 now.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    each experiment is a single thing. You can pack extra things in if you want to speed up the time it takes you to deconstruct stuff to components, but if you are interested in the experiement side of Research, you want to be aiming for the right range between 1/5 and 5/5 for what you want, and you aren't gaining anything for overfilling a 5/5.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Antiproton wrote:
    if you are interested in the experiement side of Research, you want to be aiming for the right range between 1/5 and 5/5 for what you want
    Can you clarify this statement, Antiproton? I've been trying to achieve 4/5 or 5/5 with all of my experiments, but are there advantages to 1-3/5 experiments (aside from being able to spread your resources out for more skill points)?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Jrut wrote:
    Can you clarify this statement, Antiproton? I've been trying to achieve 4/5 or 5/5 with all of my experiments, but are there advantages to 1-3/5 experiments (aside from being able to spread your resources out for more skill points)?

if you want to get lesser epiphanies you do 'lesser' experiments ... I think
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I always aim for the minimum, because you get more skill per item that way (since by tier 2-3 you tend to get 1 skill-up whether you're doing one or three stars).
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    5/5 will give you the best skill up and chance for insight at your current tier.
    4/5 will give slightly less skill up and chance for insight at the tier below yours
    3/4 will give less skill up and a chance for insight 2 tiers below you
    ... etc
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    while we're on the subject how do i get slight epiphanies...when im at rank 300!

5/5 gives me epiphanies...3/5 generally gives me mild but i never seem to get slight which i still need a few of.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Have oyu tredi 2/5? 1/5? Gotta be one of them lol, though i'd think it would be 3/5, if thats giving you mild i'd try 2/5