test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server down no patching?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Gameplay Bugs
So the servers are down and me being me i tried to play anyway. So i get to the part of the launcher that usually gives you the new patch and whatnot. In the news portion of the launcher it says
The champions online server is currently down, You will be unable to play or patch during this time.

Ok... What exactly am i patching right now that is 624MB? I logged out last at 8 am this morning EST so im sure im up to date. I did however just go pickup my reserve from the store and activate the key, maybe that has something to do with it?

Edit: I restarted the launcher and its up to 1050 mb i need to patch now. I am guessing they are in the middle of putting a new patch in and this is not a bug in anyway. Ignore me. My bad.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Heh, I was wondering the same thing.

1 gig patch, low transfer rate, console says "xferrer hanging" 31s to 61 seconds at a time.

At this rate the patch should take 3-4 hrs, hopefully servers are back up by then!
    edited September 2009
    Odins gift, an average mmo player that just wants to log in and play his game....Little does he realize he's about to enter...The twipatch zone.

Seriously though, not sure this emergency thing needed seems to be be taking quite some time. :(
    edited September 2009
    Awesome, bought the game installed it and bam can't even play.....
    edited September 2009
    Hah same here, just spend my $50 to play, all i can do is sit and wait longer. Game isnt looking too promising at this momemt :confused:
    edited September 2009
    Guerriero wrote:
    Awesome, bought the game installed it and bam can't even play.....

Ya, I'm still waiting for Aston Kutcher to pop out somewhere and tell us we got punk'd. Sure is taking him a long time.
    edited September 2009
    So how long has the server been down.. just tried and got the message lol ??
    edited September 2009
    So how long has the server been down.. just tried and got the message lol ?? :cool::p:confused:
    edited September 2009
    I purchased and downloaded it off steam about 2 hours ago, and haven't been able to download the patch. I gotta ask what the point of beta was, if it was gonna crash this bad on release. Why even make it buyable if the servers are down and have been for hours......
    edited September 2009
    Nukerm wrote:
    So how long has the server been down.. just tried and got the message lol ?? :cool::p:confused:

Been down since atleast 10:00 AM my time (CST)
    edited September 2009
    Seems as though the server has been down all day, since I tried to patch at 7 am CST. Went to work. Eight hours later, fought the traffic on the way home from work to pick up the game at Best Buy. Two hours later (6 pm CST), sitting before the hallowed monitor to receive the unconceivable...server down. Will this be the swan song of Champions?
    edited September 2009
    This is unacceptable!
    edited September 2009
    whenever i have the time to login... server is down T.T
    edited September 2009
    i dont know about the rest of you but this whole thing is making me more evil by the minute
    edited September 2009
    Ok this really sucks. The launcher now work, but i can't get connected with the server yet. Geez i wonder what happened. I think we should get a credit for this downtime. I mean we are paying to play this game, what gives.
    edited September 2009
    i guess its back to CoH!
    edited September 2009
    Honestly they need to post whats going on and give an estimated time, people are paying for this game and wanna know why they can't play, and how long its gonna take!!!
    edited September 2009
    Nukerm wrote:

well its 12:40 am here the servers have been down a few hours but the patchers been messed up since around 3:30pm as far as i can tell.
    edited September 2009
    So... ever since ED in CoX I've been wanting to play another superhero MMORPG....

When Marvel online evolved in Champions I was well pleased.....

I visited the site almost everyday... read the reviews ... followed the developers progress ....

On Sept 1......Went out ... paid $59 Canadian at future shop ...+ $29 for a time card....

Started my character.... named her Battalion after my 1st toon in COH... took "Might" & it sux.

After 36 hrs of gameplay I deleted her. (was frustrated 2 no end)

Started another toon......

Now the servers are down

I dunno Cryptic....this is not the way to win my confidence

Will we be credited the 24hrs for the lost game time due 2 the down time on the server?
    edited September 2009
    For the love of God. Listen to yourselves.

This is the first time they've had something like this happen since they launched. Some of you have said yourselves you've only just installed it. Just because it's happened this one time and put back your playtime by one day, you're quitting? Going back to CoH?

Guess you can go ask for your money back, else it's no skin off Cryptic's nose if you quit. Thanks for coming, sucks you couldn't be patient enough to wait one day, but jeez.

You'd have all had kittens if you'd had been there for WAR's EU launch. THAT was godawful, ill-prepared and a completely terrible launch. This came out two days ago (and has been in headstart for over a week), and has gone down for the first time since..well, I don't even remember open beta going down.

One problem and everyone flips? Bloody Hell. Go preoccupy yourselves.
    edited September 2009
    Somebody call the WHAAAAA-MBULANCE.

The game will be up and running... when it's up and running. A little maturity and some patience will do you more good than venting on the forums and whining like a little kid. Even if you are a little kid, not there is anything wrong with that, though it would explain why people are whining like little kids not getting there pudding after eating all their veggies.
    edited September 2009
    Astrovium:

You are correct, sir.
    edited September 2009
    Daxmort wrote:
    For the love of God. Listen to yourselves.

This is the first time they've had something like this happen since they launched. Some of you have said yourselves you've only just installed it. Just because it's happened this one time and put back your playtime by one day, you're quitting? Going back to CoH?

Guess you can go ask for your money back, else it's no skin off Cryptic's nose if you quit. Thanks for coming, sucks you couldn't be patient enough to wait one day, but jeez.

You'd have all had kittens if you'd had been there for WAR's EU launch. THAT was godawful, ill-prepared and a completely terrible launch. This came out two days ago (and has been in headstart for over a week), and has gone down for the first time since..well, I don't even remember open beta going down.

One problem and everyone flips? Bloody Hell. Go preoccupy yourselves.

Hey Todd, we know it's you. Is this your non-Dev account? And really, diet Coke might have no calories, but its not really great for your health.
    edited September 2009
    Question: Who's Todd? =o

Edited to change the damned smiley.
    edited September 2009
    this is no longer a beta. so i hope a day credit is given . they are rolling in money from all the people who made lifetime subscriptions.

im dissapointed in the lack of communication from cryptic
    edited September 2009
    I think the main complaint from people is that we weren't getting any info on the problem/s. Took hours for me to even see a news post about the patcher being down even though i could see it clearly when i tried loading things up. Many more hours later about the emergency maintenance. Yet they had time to post about the positive preview incgamer gave them. That is what i find to be BS and believe me i know bs when i see it. I can smell it from miles away. I expected them to have problems with launch just as any other mmo but i don't see why they can't make a simple post with some basic info. Its bs that it took them so many hours to post on the main page that we wouldn't be able to play.
    edited September 2009
    Say what you want but money is money, and to have faith in dev's and believe in them enough to fork over our hard earned money only to be left in the dark when somthing happens is crap. I for one never said quit or asked for anything in return, I simply just wanna know what the heck is going on and maybe just maybe when I can play.....I'm so excited!!!!!
    edited September 2009
    Guerriero wrote:
    I purchased and downloaded it off steam about 2 hours ago, and haven't been able to download the patch. I gotta ask what the point of beta was, if it was gonna crash this bad on release. Why even make it buyable if the servers are down and have been for hours......

yeah i agree with you there.its only been out for two days and it crashes already? :confused:
    servers have been down like all day on top of that...

lets hope that this wont happen too much,or at least for this long....
    edited September 2009
    germfever wrote:
    yeah i agree with you there.its only been out for two days and it crashes already? :confused:
    servers have been down like all day on top of that...

lets hope that this wont happen too much,or at least for this long....

Technically, it's been over a week. Remember that the headstart has been open since the 26th/27th.
    edited September 2009
    They posted that the servers were up fairly quick once they were actually up. They also deleted some posts from main page about there being problems in the first place. lol
    edited September 2009
    so was there ever a patch? I'm still getting a REALLY slow 478MB patch.
    edited September 2009
    I have been downloading the stupid patch since 7...it is now 9:25 and I am 83% done....what the hellllll