test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Alien Tech" Power Armor Tank Build

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Builds and Roles
This was made before the recent patch, tell me what you think, it was going on a super strength and energy based power theme and story theme, and was meant for taking damage not dealing it and holding aggro.

Wrist Bolter - Rank 1
- Automated Assault
- Accelerated Metabolism
Power Gauntlet - Rank 2
- Crippling Challenge
Energy Shield - Rank 1
- Laser Knight
Invulnerability - Rank 3
Eye Beam - Rank 1
- Accelerated Metabolism
Chest Beam - Rank 2 / Concussor Beam - Rank 2
Unbreakable - Rank 1
- Better You Than Me
Laser Sword - Rank 1
- Crippling Challenge
Nanobot Swarm - Rank 1
- Rejuvinating Injectors
Bionic Shielding - Rank 1
- Overload Circuits
Shockwave - Rank 1
- Challenging Strikes
- Leg Rumbler
Force Eruption - Rank 1
- Gravitational Polarity
- Challenging Strikes
Roomsweeper - Rank 1
- Concussive Blow
Field Drones - Rank 1

Travel Powers:
Jet Boots - Rank 3
Teleport - Rank 1

Base Stats at 40 (no equipment) :
Strength: 98
Dexterity: 15
Constitution: 95
Intelligence: 31
Ego: 15
Presence: 36
Recovery: 13
Endurance: 21

Remember, going for an alien tech theme energy attack strength thing, but let me know if you see any improvements, they'll be taken happily and with a grain of salt. Also note I have had some field testing with this build and for the most part it works fairly well.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Few things . . .

1) If you do want this to be a tank build then you should swap INT with CON.

2) WAY too many attacks. I would drop Power Gauntlet in favor of Laser Sword. Drop room sweeper too.

3) Be aware that you can't use non-PA attacks with your toggles. You only have one toggle, but you should know that if you use an attack outside the PA set it will cancel Eye Beams. So for example, if you had Eye Beams going and the used

4) Again, if you want to tank you should get at least 1, and preferably 2, Active Defenses. I would recommend Resurgence and Unbreakable.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dudelander wrote:
    Few things . . .

1) If you do want this to be a tank build then you should swap INT with CON.

2) WAY too many attacks. I would drop Power Gauntlet in favor of Laser Sword. Drop room sweeper too.

3) Be aware that you can't use non-PA attacks with your toggles. You only have one toggle, but you should know that if you use an attack outside the PA set it will cancel Eye Beams. So for example, if you had Eye Beams going and the used

4) Again, if you want to tank you should get at least 1, and preferably 2, Active Defenses. I would recommend Resurgence and Unbreakable.

first point, I have many times considered grabbing constitution instead of int, but a good chunk of power armor powers require charging and higher int to function like chest beam

second point - the point was also to grab aggro, so some of those attacks are needed, power gauntlet can not be dropped since it's a starting power.

third point - I'm well aware of this, the only real powers I wouldn't be using in conjuction are these anyway.

fourth point - take into consideration again that this was a theme build, I had to stay in the lines, resurgence wouldn't have fit the character at all or it would have been an excellent edition. Perhaps you had some recommendations that fit within the story themed build? I'm still open to suggestions on what could be swapped out.

After putting some thourough thought behind it, I can easily augment items with invention to up my intelligence, so constitution may indeed be the way to go to severely buff invulnerability as well as my health. Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I also should have put some reasoning behind roomsweeper, this is a ranged tank build, roomsweeper is in there to knock any melee enemies back just like force eruption is, except roomsweeper also stuns them and adds another enrage to me when charged while at the same time applying a more "precise" way of getting rid of 1-2 targets quickly.

Also keep in mind that I had to take soloing into consideration too when making this build. I like to look at how my character is going to work in all his aspects at once rather than focus on just one, but have a goal in mind at the same time as doing so.

when I said feel free to give suggestions I meant it, but I'll still defend my reasoning :p
    if I do see a suggestion I haven't thought of though I'll definitely let you know I like it.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ok, after some serious thought and lots and lots of stat tweaking, it's the way I want it, I think, feedback is still appreciated though.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Zhekarius wrote:
    power gauntlet can not be dropped since it's a starting power.

You can retcon out of your starting powers just the same as you can retcon out of anything. You can retcon out of Power Gauntlet as soon as you hit your first powerhouse at L5/6, if you like, and you should (just) have enough resources to afford it at that point too.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    KalChoedan wrote:
    You can retcon out of your starting powers just the same as you can retcon out of anything. You can retcon out of Power Gauntlet as soon as you hit your first powerhouse at L5/6, if you like, and you should (just) have enough resources to afford it at that point too.

Why not just start with a custom framework instead of paying for a retcon at level 5
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Why not just start with a custom framework instead of paying for a retcon at level 5

Because you have to take a tier 0 power when you make a character. Once you reach a Power House, you can retcon the tier 0 power for any tier 1 power in the framework of your power builder. In Zhekarius' case, he can take Laser Sword as his level 1 power instead of Power Gauntlets.