test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just crashed/connecting to the login server

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Gameplay Bugs
Just went down. Attempting to connect to the login server with no joy. Anyone else?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    same thing with me now im getting the trying to update the launcher crap again
    edited September 2009
    same here.
    edited September 2009
    Login servers down i guess
    edited September 2009
    Same here.
    edited September 2009
    JimmyBlunt wrote:

ditto, this is lovely
    edited September 2009
    It's was rude man, my kitten just jump by the windows :eek:
    edited September 2009
    Yeah. Just stuck on 'Connecting to Log In Server', then bounces me back out to log in.

Ah well. Surely they'll get it back up soon.

-Dragon
    edited September 2009
    JimmyBlunt wrote:

I'm not getting the launcer update again but can't connect to login server. It might have been coincidence but earlier today I had the update launcher thing and I rebooted and then the game came up. It might have been a coincidence that they fixed the problem right as I rebooted. Things have been running pretty well so far, I wonder what theyr'e doing to jack things up? Making the game better? hehe.

***Someone keep their eye on that freckeled face kid with the green hair over there who just graduated from juco with a degree in computer programming!
    edited September 2009
    Same here, its been about 20-30 minutes now. Was looking for the appropriate place to post it in ;)
    edited September 2009
    i got trough that, now the loader is trying to connect to patchserver
    edited September 2009
    Bethell wrote:
    Login servers down i guess

I was creating a new character ... almost had him done and it crashed. Client says the servers are up but apprently that only means game servers, not log-in.:confused:

:p Bleh...
    edited September 2009
    Me, too... I'm getting lag on this site, too. Every other site I go to seems to be okay. Has there been any announcements about it?
    edited September 2009
    same here .. would be nice to get some form of explanation... but suppose thats asking too much ... if it was possible to get a refund i would .. not cause the game bad but cause the devs dont post anything about it .. :mad:
    edited September 2009
    Now I'm getting the Trying to update the launcher bit. 20-30 min??? I went down 5-10 min ago max.
    edited September 2009
    Shaddoe wrote:
    Me, too... I'm getting lag on this site, too. Every other site I go to seems to be okay. Has there been any announcements about it?

Ditto.
    First post. :-/
    edited September 2009
    Seems to me like the login server is having some issues. I had gotten into the game, and then got disconnected and can't et back in again due to inability to connect to Login Server. Also had initial issues connecting to the server with the patcher but managed to connect after a few patcher restarts.
    edited September 2009
    Its hard enough leveling when you can't kill anything and die every two seconds. Now I can't level because I can't play over and over =\
    edited September 2009
    I got the following message [and ticket created]

Greetings Champion!

The issue that you are experiencing is a known issue that has already been identified. We are still gathering as much information as possible regarding this issue for review. We hope to hear from our development team as soon as the issue has been addressed.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for playing!

The Champions Online team

Apparently, there was a patch this morning...and well..it may have screwed with things a bit.

As it was, I lost a brand-new character that I leveled up to like, level 8 this morning that I was working on somehow...
    edited September 2009
    I crashed like 15 minutes ago and been stuck on connecting to login server since then. I assume login server is down.
    edited September 2009
    I think they learnt about launch on the book "How to succeed in launching a game" written by Failcom.
    edited September 2009
    yep dead and not connecting at all:(
    edited September 2009
    Same and launcher update thing
    edited September 2009
    I get the "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient." message. after 5 minutes I get an error msg for idle too long and it closes...

So much for sneaking some game in before work
    edited September 2009
    The servers need to be taken out and shot. I was in the middle of a pvp arena when I got DCed and the login server isn't working now.
    edited September 2009
    I got the problem, kicked outa the blue then cant get in even by launching game client. Also noticed say server down on home page of this site and as someone mentioned before getting alot of lag on this site probs from the amount of people wondering what the hecks going on.

I appreciate there's gona be teething problems yes but its wearing me down abit having to wait an see when an when not i can play the game lol.
    edited September 2009
    bump* I am having the sames issues as above.
    edited September 2009
    Yea it is annoying but crap happens. Give them a break.. no MMO has a perfect launch week.
    edited September 2009
    Well, just happy that its nothing to do with my client, i'm sure it will be back up soon, its a good game and startup blues aren't that uncommon. cya'll in game.
    edited September 2009
    Raptor2213 wrote:
    The servers need to be taken out and shot. I was in the middle of a pvp arena when I got DCed and the login server isn't working now.

I was THIS close to punching your lights out!
    edited September 2009
    Well boys and girls foaming at the mouth, complaining and saying " I want a refund" aren't helping at all.

You really need to take real world things into consideration, for example the login server may infact be up, however the servers people are trying to route to are sometimes in a different country, doesn't make it easy on the routers/switches at cryptics side.

They are probably doing all that they can right now to fix the problem, just because there isn't anything posted yet doesn't mean nothing is being done. With a large number of people trying to connect to the patcher/website/login server's, you are going to notice it's all slowing down and the best thing you can do is get up and take a well needed break from the computer.

What ever is wrong isn't going to kill the game, you can alway come back later.
    edited September 2009
    Astire wrote:
    bump* I am having the sames issues as above.

Same here.
    edited September 2009
    If you have ever had to write the software for a network server that can handle a few thousand clients at a time, you would not complain about it not working perfectly in the first few weeks of real use.

Any and all new software has bugs that don’t manifest until you have used it under stress for a while, they will sort it out as soon as they can.
    edited September 2009
    I guess now would be a good time to go out and buy some cat food while wearing my, "Only here because my server is down" T-shirt.
    edited September 2009
    Raptor2213 wrote:
    I guess now would be a good time to go out and buy some cat food while wearing my, "Only here because my server is down" T-shirt.

Haha! :P

There's an official word on it now on the homepage.
    edited September 2009
    WishStone wrote:
    Patcher Currently Down!

A small issue with the patching servers needed our immediate attention. As a result, players can currently not patch the game. As we currently have no time estimate, we will keep you updated as this progresses. Thank you!

Great, an ETA would really be nice...