test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Could we trade Power slot for more points ?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Suggestions Box
Sorry I cant remember how are called the competence points that help reinforce the powers...

But I would gladly trade up to 4 of the powers slot for more of them, or 1-2 power slot for a talent.

Could some of the slot be adjusted to be "custom slot" where people can choose to put a talent, advantage points or a power slot ? This way you can more easily adjuts the hero to what you want.

Currently I am adding powers I dont care just because I have slot avaliable wich sound a bit... weird...
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Hm, this is worth a thought. Sometimes you don't really want more powers, sometimes you want to improve those powers you got. Yes, I do like that idea.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Found back my thread, better bump it up that another one.

*Bump*
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I love this idea. I would rather have 4 powers that fit my idea, and that have more flexibilty, than taking powers that I dont think I'll every use just cause it's power point time.

Maybe at a certain level we stop getting power points or advatage/rank points, and just get points. Then we could chose new powers or more advatages/ranks for current ones. Kind of like it was in the "good ole days"
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Looks like nobody else like it...
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I think its a good idea! I'm already out of powers to take and im only 20!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm 100% in support of this idea. Customization is great, but it shouldn't just mean picking a bunch of powers. It should also mean the option to pick less powers and make them stronger!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I like it, a hand full of strong powers at the expense of heaving more powers.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I am not ashamed of bumps... or an acknowledgment :p
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Another vote for a similar system. Great idea!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I actually really like this too. My current main is pretty much set on powers already - it's not that more isn't fun, but the type of character she is, there aren't many left that actually make any sense concept-wise; so I may end up taking some powers "because I have to"; when I'd really rather boost my most important ones.

The "custom" slot option is I think the perfect way to handle it; powers for people who still have more they want, points for people who have the powers they want, but need to beef up what they already have.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    +1

How many powers does, say, any given x-men member have?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I have been pushing this for a while.

My level 30 Darkness framework character has every power, and will be forced to branch out for his last few. I can think of a few that would fit, but I shouldn't really have to.

Key to this would be that it is strictly OPTIONAL, and also the lifting of the restriction on how many points you can put into a single power. Many powers have 6 or even 7 points of advantages you can buy, but a cap of 5. Is there really that much of a concern over balancing certain powers?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    like the idea to , i am only 24 and frankly only 2 more powers i want, but don't get your hopes up, won't ever happen