test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BUG: Healbot HPS dropped through the floor

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Gameplay Bugs
The healing rate of the field drones went from outstanding to absolutely horrible overnight! Half of the time they now just sit there useless while I take insane amounts of damage. Even with a personal forcefield and healbots active, I drop easily to a Villain and two Henchmen. Stuff I used to be able to handle, no problem, is tearing through me almost instantly.

Also, the bots are still prioritizing healing themselves over healing me. This needs to be hotfixed ASAP.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Can any other Early-Start gadgeteers chime in on this? Have you all experienced any changes that have made field drones behave worse than they already do?
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I've noticed a huge difference.

Instead of a nice stream of healing, I'm sat there almost dead and they are either doing nothing, or more often healing themselves leaving me to die.
    edited September 2009
    Rhinne wrote:
    Yeah, I've noticed a huge difference.

Instead of a nice stream of healing, I'm sat there almost dead and they are either doing nothing, or more often healing themselves leaving me to die.

Or healing a random player around the corner who isn't even in your team....my personal favorite. Would be nice if they healed their owners first over random strangers.
    edited September 2009
    Well the only thing field drones need is better ai, but keep their heals at the same. They need objectives: 1. keep you alive if possible keep them alive 2.if you and field drones are okay, heal other friendlies.
    To me I don't think drones should be more powerful then heal powers cause that wouldn't be right, they are separate entity that heals you which requires no skill. Better ai is all it needs.
    edited September 2009
    Yeah they got hit hard since open beta. They no longer teleport to you and now just despawn at a short distance. They cannot be summoned until you start a fight and get at least 50% of your power built. Pathing has never really worked right,(think the Z axis is jacked up). The heal rate before kind of balanced them out since they almost never could figure out how to FLY down a hill. Usually by the time they caught up was when you really needed them. But my biggest issue is have them stop despawning if you get to far away we have a dismiss button for that already.
    edited September 2009
    Also I've noticed the Overcharge skill does nothing.
    I hold the button, the drones gain little charging animations and just as the bar is about to run out I get 1 tick of the bonus heal which is pathetic... admittedly this only happens about 50% of the time, otherwise I get nothing, just the stupid animatiosn where they heal nothing at all.