test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

System specs adequate?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in PC & Technical Issues
Okay, i have come to the conclusion that my laptop fails at playing CO, so i have decided to upgrade my desktop to play it. I plan on getting a better video card (geforce 8800 as of right now, i may get a better model if i find a price that is right.) What i was wanting to know is if i need to upgrade anything else? Here are the rest of my current specs, not counting the video card since i already plan to get a model to meet the recommended requirements.:

Processor: intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
Memory:2.5 GB of RAM

If i missed putting something up let me know, since i am not a real technical person when it comes to computers. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks for the help in advance!
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    That CPU is going to hamstring you in a big way, no matter what your graphcis card is.

I currently have Windows XP SP3, and 2.5GBof RAM ... behind a 2.8GHz dual-core Pentium 4, with a GeForce GTS 250 video card with 1GB of dedicated memory.

And I regularly get 10-15 frames per secnd when standing still ... and as low as 2 frames per second when moving via a travel power. No, I'm not kidding. No, I didn't forget a "0" on either of those numbers. I repeat: 15 fps standing, 2fps travelling. Getting an actual 20fps is a minor miracle, short of turning the UI off (makes the game unplayable) and flying at least 500 feet straight up, so that there're no NPCs or PCs affecting me (also makes the game unplayable - because there ceases to BE a game to play at all, at that point). At that point, I get around 30-35fps ... if I don't move the camera around. Back down to 20fps if I actually look around at the scenery. :(

A Pentium 4 is absolutely INADEQUATE for this game, I don't care HOW fast it is.

Sorry to be the bearer of ill tidings. :(