test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maybe I am missing something here, but . . .

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Items and Crafting
So far, when I examine the list of things I can 'learn' at the skills trainer, I do not know what I will be able to craft. The description is vague - has no numbers, etc.

For the heck of it, I 'learned' a few, and then went to craft them - now I can see what I will be crafting, and I am noting that what I can craft simply pales in comparison to what I pick up from defeated mobs.

Am I missing something here? Why would anyone want to craft if what they can craft cannot match the stats of what can be picked up from drops?

Granted - my high character is lvl 18 or so and the skill score is between 150 and 200.

I think I need to read up more on this . . .
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    So far, when I examine the list of things I can 'learn' at the skills trainer, I do not know what I will be able to craft. The description is vague - has no numbers, etc.

For the heck of it, I 'learned' a few, and then went to craft them - now I can see what I will be crafting, and I am noting that what I can craft simply pales in comparison to what I pick up from defeated mobs.

Am I missing something here? Why would anyone want to craft if what they can craft cannot match the stats of what can be picked up from drops?

Granted - my high character is lvl 18 or so and the skill score is between 150 and 200.

I think I need to read up more on this . . .

I noticed the same thing... NO IDEA what to "LEARN".. you take a guess.. learn something and go to develop and notice it is a crap item...

are we supposed to "LEARN" everything? I figured costs for learning means we have a "choice"... but this way.. we have no idea what to pick..
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    . . . bump . . . - anyone?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    . . . bump . . . - anyone?

It's definitely a bug. Furthermore, I wouldn't expect it to get fixed very quickly, the team has made it clear that they're working on more high profile stuff atm.

Until the first two large patches come out, I wouldn't expect crafting to get any attention unless something economy-breaking happens.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    'nother bump . . . (my last, I promise)