test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doomsday Clock - Gamestopping bug?

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited August 2009 in Missions and Content
How are you supposed to dismantle the bomb i Doomsday Clock? I have the code and have tried everything but i cant dismantle the bomb. We are many players who cant do this mission.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2009
    there are console near the bombs, this is were you use the codes . they take a litle time to become active again after someone entered a code though.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hopefully this has already worked for you, but I got stuck on the same thing last night. The solution was to switch to a different instance and then it worked as soon as I ran up to the bomb...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    where are the consoles? ON the bomb or NEAR the bomb?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hopefully this has already worked for you, but I got stuck on the same thing last night. The solution was to switch to a different instance and then it worked as soon as I ran up to the bomb...

^ This is the workaround
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I just kept changeing instance... suddenly it worked... tried 4 different...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Omega_Man wrote:
    where are the consoles? ON the bomb or NEAR the bomb?

Near the bomb, there tend to be Viper personal typing away at them.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    IS-Wolf wrote:
    Near the bomb, there tend to be Viper personal typing away at them.
    liltine wrote:
    there are console near the bombs, this is were you use the codes . they take a litle time to become active again after someone entered a code though.

Please, this is wrong informatino and your just confusing the poor person :)

The quest being mentioned is the one in the Desert Crisis, not the one in post-crisis.

There is JUST the bomb. You defeat Alamagardo for the codes, then use the bomb. It appears to be randomly breaking though which is very bad since its a pre-req to getting out of the crisis.

Changing instances seems to be helping.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Agathorn wrote:
    Please, this is wrong informatino and your just confusing the poor person :)

The quest being mentioned is the one in the Desert Crisis, not the one in post-crisis.

There is JUST the bomb. You defeat Alamagardo for the codes, then use the bomb. It appears to be randomly breaking though which is very bad since its a pre-req to getting out of the crisis.

Changing instances seems to be helping.

Kinda helps if folks post as much info as they can though, especially with multiple bomb missions in-game.
    He confuses us, we confuse him, end result everyone is confused. :p
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Someone hit the bomb before you did, wait for it to start flashing and finish your quest.

Not that difficult people.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    IS-Wolf wrote:
    Kinda helps if folks post as much info as they can though, especially with multiple bomb missions in-game.
    He confuses us, we confuse him, end result everyone is confused. :p

He did. "Doomsday Clock" is the name of the quest :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    IanTheRed wrote:
    Someone hit the bomb before you did, wait for it to start flashing and finish your quest.

Not that difficult people.
    Definitely not the issue. The bomb never flashed, I never got the interaction button in spite of being right next to it (even hit 'Z' randomly in case it was hidden somehow), and no one was doing that little interaction animation. I waited more than long enough for the bomb to "recover" - about 5 or 6 Alamagordo spawns' worth, if that's any indication.

Flipping instances didn't help for me - each one had a swarm of heroes hanging around the bomb, and by the chatter, they were waiting for it to reset as well. I ended up running through the Canada quests.