test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NPC Weapon Smith hitting for a TON ATTN: DEVs

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Gameplay Bugs
I noticed during "Do Animatronics dream of Automatic Weapons" 18 Desert, the NPC Weapon Smiths hit for 400-700 damage, not a charge. If it was a charge it doesn't display the charging icon. I got dropped in about 10 seconds. Without Invuln on, those would hit me for 1/4 of my HP. Submitted a bug, but figured I'd post screenie here. I don't think it was every mob of Weapon Smiths either, that I noticed...

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3867/weaponsmithj.jpg
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Nice to know someone else has seen the same issue. I thought I was going crazy for a bit as all of a sudden weapon smith spawns (2 weapon smiths and a robotics engineer) went from hard to completely impossible. They seem to do reasonable damage at first (~50 damage or so per shot) but then it jumps up to 500 and I face plant quick. I did not see any schtick icon, nor did they seem to be doing any sort of different attack.
    edited September 2009
    Nice to know someone else has seen the same issue. I thought I was going crazy for a bit as all of a sudden weapon smith spawns (2 weapon smiths and a robotics engineer) went from hard to completely impossible. They seem to do reasonable damage at first (~50 damage or so per shot) but then it jumps up to 500 and I face plant quick. I did not see any schtick icon, nor did they seem to be doing any sort of different attack.

I've hit this issue as well.
    edited September 2009
    yeah i was stuck having to find groups of them where there was only 1 weapon smith in thr group and i had to unload on him before he was able to get 2 of those downer shots which added with all the other damage i had taken then would just lay me out, which is odd cause i could take on super villains a level or two higher then me without dying once.
    edited September 2009
    I just did these last night with no problem at all. Sure they are tough, but doable.

I'm Dual Blades, with Invuln and Ego sprites + Advantage if anyone's curious.