test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mail system broken

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Gameplay Bugs
I sent 2 power replace weapons from my main character to my roomate's character and even though i recieved the "Message Sent" he never got them.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    same here, lost my swords :mad:
    edited August 2009
    just where is the attachment option when composing an email?? It may be obvious, but i seem to be oblivious in this case
    edited August 2009
    Hi

Mail isn't broken. It's just... WRONG!

In any sane email system, mail to someone named, "Bob," would go to, "Bob@MyDomain," so mail to , "Super My Character," should go to "Super My Character@MyUserName."

...but NO!

The in-game email, similarly addressed, parses as, "@Bob," which is contrary to email standards worldwide.

I spent a while yesterday sending email and changing characters, and mail to Suzumebachi went through, without arriving at my character, Suzumebachi, but mail to Mekabakudan wouldn't even send.

SO:

I tried a few more combinations, and discovered that, in order to get mail sent my your domain (your user-name), you have to put in the entire character-name@user-name construction, as:
    Suzumebachi@Gagglegnash

It appears that mail sent just to Suzumebachi is being delivered to user-name Suzumebachi!

This is information hard-won. I hope user-Suzumebachi enjoys the poison sword power.
    :-) :-o :-(
    edited August 2009
    Hi
    kloogc wrote:
    just where is the attachment option when composing an email?? It may be obvious, but i seem to be oblivious in this case

There's a few little boxes at the bottom of the email, "COMPOSE," screen at the UNTIL Database device.

Drag what you want to send into one of the boxes.
    edited August 2009
    Hi

In any sane email system, mail to someone named, "Bob," would go to, "Bob@MyDomain," so mail to , "Super My Character," should go to "Super My Character@MyUserName."

...but NO!

The in-game email, similarly addressed, parses as, "@Bob," which is contrary to email standards worldwide.

I spent a while yesterday sending email and changing characters, and mail to Suzumebachi went through, without arriving at my character, Suzumebachi, but mail to Mekabakudan wouldn't even send.

SO:

I tried a few more combinations, and discovered that, in order to get mail sent my your domain (your user-name), you have to put in the entire character-name@user-name construction, as:
    Suzumebachi@Gagglegnash

It appears that mail sent just to Suzumebachi is being delivered to user-name Suzumebachi!

This is information hard-won. I hope user-Suzumebachi enjoys the poison sword power.

You can just use the username; I've been sending mail to myself by addressing it to @roguebait, you don't need the character name.

And of course the mail system works like this, character names don't work when there are 50 people named Bob.
    edited August 2009
    I have emailed some items to my other toons but cant seem to take them as attachments on another toon, whats going wrong? Cheers
    edited August 2009
    Hi

...but NO!

SO:

Suzumebachi@Gagglegnash

Yup, as a poster above me said, the normal mailsystem would not work when there can be a super high number of people with the same name...
    edited August 2009
    Same thing I have had 2 cases now, one with alot of crafting mats and another filled with power replacers, where the emails went poof. GM response was they know there is a problem and no reimbursements. So be warned you risk the item if you mail it
    edited August 2009
    Wow, what a terrible customer service and system. It happened to me and they just send you a message, we know it doesn't work and we cannot replace your items.

If something is just going to black hole stuff you work your butt off to achieve, they should just disable the the "feature".
    edited September 2009
    Unfortunately, when you send a mail with attachments it:

1. First removes the items from your inventory.

2. Then tries to send the mail. If for whatever reason the mailing fails (for me it frequently just sits on the "Sending mail, please wait" screen, you don't get the items back.

Hideous hideous design. Failing to put in the necessary failsafes to protect your items is fairly inexcusable.
    edited September 2009
    the PM in game attachments have been an on-going Bugged item in CB the main workaround is a direct trade or using the MC bank as a SG.. takes longer and you need 5 to make a group but this is the Guild like Vault for sharing items they have for us in CO
    edited September 2009
    Hi
    Roguebait wrote:
    You can just use the username; I've been sending mail to myself by addressing it to @roguebait, you don't need the character name.

And of course the mail system works like this, character names don't work when there are 50 people named Bob.

It seems that, even if you send stuff to Suzumebachi@Gagglegnash, anyone in the @gagglegnash pseudo-domain can pick it up. Weird, but at least it gets through.
    ouT-Phaze wrote:
    Yup, as a poster above me said, the normal mailsystem would not work when there can be a super high number of people with the same name...

Um... yes... that's why normal/real mail systems do domain-based resolution.

If I send an email addressed simply to Bob, it resolves to Bob@MyDomain, whatever MyDomain happens to be. If I'm on ferdberfel.net, then mail sent as above resolves to Bob@ferdberfel.net.

My domain...or perhaps pseudodomain... in-game is Gagglegnash. If I send Mail from one of my li'l guys addressed to Suzumebachi, it should resolve to Suzumebachi@Gagglegnash, no to @Suzumecachi.

:D ...or do you think that there's not more than one Bob on the Internet? :D
    edited September 2009
    so if I send an email to @Adogg then ANY of my alts can grab the item? If this is true and the email works 100% of the time, then couldn't I just use this as extra storage? Whats' the point of a bank? I can just send the stuff I want to hold on to for a while and leave it in there... then any alt I have that needs it can grab it off my email. Is this true?
    edited September 2009
    Hi
    Adogg wrote:
    so if I send an email to @Adogg then ANY of my alts can grab the item? If this is true and the email works 100% of the time, then couldn't I just use this as extra storage? Whats' the point of a bank? I can just send the stuff I want to hold on to for a while and leave it in there... then any alt I have that needs it can grab it off my email. Is this true?

Seems to be.